Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Cause Americans are fucking stupid.

youtube comment in response to this

I can't believe kerry lost the 2004 election, if stupid bush would of lost and kerry would of won I bet things would be so much better now if kerry were president, there would be jobs, no more stupid war in iraq, gas prices would be around 1-2 dollars a gallon. But No America had to re-elect that dumb fuck bush. Now we have a clear choice and elect obama as as our next president. And I guarantee if obama is elected it will be like having bill clinton, al gore and the 90's back.
    You mean like a weaker military, ignoring terrorist threats like whatever (First World Trade Center bombing, Oklahoma City Bombing of 95, not getting Osama when he should have and causing 9/11 after), more immorality in the White House (Monica Lewinsky), more abortion, giving gays unfair advantages not even straight couples get, higher taxes, shipping job overseas NAFTA. Can we also mention Obama friends Tony Rezko, William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    "better the devil you know than the one you don't."

that's all I can think of. Fear, fear, fear is what the right thrives on. And the fact that black men (and Hilary) scare people.
    [YOUTUBE]F1x81XODP-o[/YOUTUBE]

^Grimm, I know where you are coming from. I was just on the Oprah thread in the gossip section and there seems to be lots of Palin supports there...one who even noted they would not participate in political discussions in this section. I assume because they do not want to debate their beliefs. It is discouraging and I was very optimistic when this election cycle began (of course, I was also a Hillary supporter...I just took my yard sign down during the convention). I have said it before and I will say it again...while I will work my butt off for Obama, I am fearful that the bigoted republican ticket will win this election and I will be moved to the fringe of the American fabric rather than be a vital part.

i'm leaning towards the 'people are stupid' argument myself. they're stupid, and they don't learn from their mistakes. and it's not just americans: italians just re-elected berlusconi as well.
    but then i'm well on my way to becoming a cynic and losing all faith in humanity.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I say to hell with the elections.
    Stick em all in a makeshift Thunderdome, make it a pay per view event, and the winner gets the presidency.

Elite Member

I agree that so much of it is fear -- fear of terrorism, fear of a black man being president, fear that if a democrat is in office that women will be aborting babies left and right and gay people will take over the country, fear of more people from other nations immigrating to the US. There are a lot of people that say that they want the economy stable, etc. but seriously, those "moral" issues are more important to them.

What I've never understood is that if Republicans are supposed to be for less government involvement, why do their supporters allow them to make judgmental decisions regarding how to live their lives -- choice, gay rights, etc.

I just heard an ad for a local republican running on the platform of "protecting our way of life." I think that sums it up.

People believe what they want to believe, and conservatives are very effective when it comes to hammering home their message. The parrot effect really does work. Don't question, just listen and repeat.

Just watched a movie about the crusades.. now that's how to decide shit. lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    ^Grimm, I know where you are coming from. I was just on the Oprah thread in the gossip section and there seems to be lots of Palin supports there...one who even noted they would not participate in political discussions in this section. I assume because they do not want to debate their beliefs. It is discouraging and I was very optimistic when this election cycle began (of course, I was also a Hillary supporter...I just took my yard sign down during the convention). I have said it before and I will say it again...while I will work my butt off for Obama, I am fearful that the bigoted republican ticket will win this election and I will be moved to the fringe of the American fabric rather than be a vital part.
    Why would they want to participate when they will just be called stupid bigots? If I were a Republican I would stay away too.

Alas.. I don't know why anyone would vote republican this election. I'm gonna go with the fear route...they know what to expect with McSame.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    What I've never understood is that if Republicans are supposed to be for less government involvement, why do their supporters allow them to make judgmental decisions regarding how to live their lives -- choice, gay rights, etc.
    They're not for less government, just smaller government - small enough to fit into a woman's womb.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Hit By Ban Bus!

This should be a Dem slam dunk.
    Cause the Democratic party couldn't slam dunk a ball if they were standing on Shaqs shoulders - its a sad statement, but there it is. They can't seem to co-ordinate an attack.

I wouldn't put too much faith into the polls until after the debates tho. Early polling is usually wrong - less than a year ago polls showed McCain was all but done and Hillary was a lock.

I'm gonna go with stupid, naive, gullible, etc. Makes my head want to explode.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    [YOUTUBE]F1x81XODP-o[/YOUTUBE]

omg these idiots need to be taken out back and shot. fucking retards.

I don't even know anymore what "polls" are reliable. I know that Gallup leans right anymore. And so does the whole media. I truly believe that racism will play a part in this campaign. The thought of Palin being so close to being vice pres. is terrifying. We finally have a veep candidate who is more embarassing to this country than Dan Quayle.

Can you imagine Mooseburger Barbie, or whatever we're calling her these days, as the (possible) first female president?!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    We finally have a veep candidate who is more embarassing to this country than Dan Quayle.
    Thats a little harsh...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c00_QkXUd8[/YOUTUBE]

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information