Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Someone mentioned somewhere that Americans dont care that the rest of the world supports Obama, that they seem to think that the world's opinion doesnt matter...
    I dont understand that point of view. At all.
    America wants to be a big power in the world, a leading nation, and yet...they dont give a shit what anyone else thinks?

To the world this is how it looks:
    McCain - Bush 2.0
    Obama - A breath of fresh air.

I know.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    Someone mentioned somewhere that Americans dont care that the rest of the world supports Obama, that they seem to think that the world's opinion doesnt matter...
    America wants to be a big power in the world, a leading nation, and yet...they dont give a shit what anyone else thinks?

McCain - Bush 2.0

you know why?
    because all we hear is how much the world hates this or that about Americans.
    If you want to vote then go for dual citizenship, other wise your just a arm chair quarter back telling us what to do, when the shit hits the fan you get the luxury of saying "well glad it's not my country"
    I wouldn't think of telling someone how to vote in their country.

Silver Member

McCain - Bush 2.0
    We are very guilty of failing to grasp the concept that we are a part of a global community. I would like to offer my opinion on why this race is so close as I have not decided whom I am voting for yet. I see pros and cons in both men.

#1 Race. Some people will not vote for a black man-no way no how.

#2 9/11/01 That one event changed our nation. It put fear in people that have never feared living here. It was not an isolated event-there will be another attack if terrorists can manage it. Bush is an idiot but there hasn't been any more attacks here since then. The world sees Bush 2.0 with McCain; many here see a continuation of an administration that kept attacks at bay.

#3 Economy. It has gone in the toilet with Bush why would people vote McCain? Obama's mantra is change. Sounds good. Change costs money. No matter what the candidate says, guess who always pays for domestic programs? The middle class. We are already paying a fortune to be in Iraq which I still don't know why we're there but we're there. That plus paying for a bunch of social programs. Ramen Noodles anyone?

I am just trying to explain the way many Americans think even if it doesn't reflect many people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    you know why?
    If you want to vote then go for dual citizenship, other wise your just a arm chair quarter back telling us what to do, when the shit hits the fan you get the luxury of saying "well glad it's not my country"
    Want to know why the whole world hates Americans? Because of Bush. McCain is the next Bush.
    And the whole world can see that America will not last under another government the same as the current one.
    America is a world leader, and who LEADS that country, matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ya-ya_sister View Post
    We are very guilty of failing to grasp the concept that we are a part of a global community. I would like to offer my opinion on why this race is so close as I have not decided whom I am voting for yet. I see pros and cons in both men.

#1 Race. Some people will not vote for a black man-no way no how.

#2 9/11/01 That one event changed our nation. It put fear in people that have never feared living here. It was not an isolated event-there will be another attack if terrorists can manage it. Bush is an idiot but there hasn't been any more attacks here since then. The world sees Bush 2.0 with McCain; many here see a continuation of an administration that kept attacks at bay.

#3 Economy. It has gone in the toilet with Bush why would people vote McCain? Obama's mantra is change. Sounds good. Change costs money. No matter what the candidate says, guess who always pays for domestic programs? The middle class. We are already paying a fortune to be in Iraq which I still don't know why we're there but we're there. That plus paying for a bunch of social programs. Ramen Noodles anyone?

I am just trying to explain the way many Americans think even if it doesn't reflect many people on this board.
    #1...I cannot understand why his race is an issue. I did not notice his skin colour until an issue was made about it. I recall seeing one of his speeches last year and did not realise he was black. Jesus, if the vote comes down to "I'm gonna vote for McCain because Obama is black" Then America is screwed.

#2...Fear and ignorance rule. What happened on 9/11 was horrific, but it has been 7 years. It's time to move on...living in fear is not living. I guess the terrorists succeeded, everyone is scared to even breathe. They are scared to elect a man who will do a fantastic job as president.

#3...the whole world's economy is slumping. It's not just in America. Change is necessary. And essential to the survival of America. Voting McCain is keeping things the way they have been for years. Obviously, that isnt working. And from all the things coming up about Palin, do ya think the economy is gonna be ok? From what I've read shes not that great with money issues...

Thank you for your comments, and I do have a general idea of why people would keep things the way they are. But they are people who ARENT on the internet, who ARENT reading all this stuff, and who just dont know all the background storys. I know the kid of people you are refering to - close minded, older, very set in ways.
    I'm just praying, for America's sake, that all the young people go and vote. Because I know, voting there is optional. I hope enough Obama supporters go and vote.

Oh and...dont have ramen noodles here...how about 2 minute noodles instead?

Want to know why the whole world hates Americans? Because of Bush. McCain is the next Bush.
    And the whole world can see that America will not last under another government the same as the current one.
    America is a world leader, and who LEADS that country, matters.

maybe you are too young to remember, but the world hated america long before bush.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    maybe you are too young to remember, but the world hated america long before bush.
    I guess Bush couldnt change the general dislike of America. Obama will. That is my personal opinion, but I think many people share it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    you know why?
    As an American I totally agree with what Rica said. Because, let's
    face it: American does NOTHING BUT telling other countries what
    they should or should not do! Chimpy McSmirkface had the audacity
    during the Olympics to tell the Chinese to clean up their act as well
    as stating that the Russian actions in Georgia were unwarrented.
    Now THAT was a major case of the pot telling the kettle it's black!
    The Shrub is the LAST person who has the right to point fingers at
    foreign governments.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I guess Bush couldnt change the general dislike of America. Obama will. That is my personal opinion, but I think many people share it.
    Obama is JUST a man, he ain't Jesus in a bottle. He will not save the world.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Obama is JUST a man, he ain't Jesus in a bottle. He will not save the world.
    Every single person is just a person. But there are those few who are capable of great things. Obama is one.

You know, I hope he is elected. And when the idol's feet are revealed to be clay, I hope the world suddenly decides that they love Americans. When he doesn't do every fucking thing he's claiming, it'll amuse me to watch people still somehow manage to blame dubya. I find it absolutely fascinating how everything in the world can be one man's fault.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

How interesting that you say that.
    McCain is bound to follow in Bush's footsteps.
    Obama is a clean slate.
    I'd pick Obama any day. Just from that observation alone.

none of them are clean. he's as clean as bush was coming in, maybe moreso. we're talking about people who piss and moan about the economy while spending how much on shit-slinging contests. frankly, i'm ready to turn in my fucking membership. i'm sick of getting fucked every day by the people who are supposed to be working for me, people who are supposed to be insuring some sort of future. if the future looks like this, fuck this country and fuck all the politicians.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Obama is smart, intelligent, articulate and hot.
    None of these can be said of Bush.

What a fucking edge.
    Alot of morons are saying the same thing about Palin...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Thread Information