Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I intend to prove that theory is incorrect.
    Please be our guest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    no you dont
    Oh,hell yes you do-if you want to be on TV! Look what happened to poor Janet Jackson.Now,phone interviews fine.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Sheesh. This is what someone posted to me on another board:

I don't think you or anyone know Obama well enough to know how he will do. I think people have just jumped on the train because its the popular thing to do. Thay are attracted to his youth and good looks. Like a celebrity. JMHO...

People are swallowing the Republican B.S. hook, line and sinker.

Here's my response:

Is that what the Republican mouthpieces are telling you? Don't insult my intelligence. I give a great deal of thought to everything I do, and this election is critical to our nation and the rest of the world. Yes, the whole world is watching this election. I am not treating my decision of who to vote for lightly.

Youth and good looks? Obama is older than me, and he is average looking IMO. Not that it would be anything that would sway my decision. I watched a biography on CNN and while Obama has always been ambitious, he was not planning on running at this time. People who were moved by him and his ideology encouraged, even pushed him to run. He's not without flaws but one thing I can see is that he is apparently not motivated by money as are many politicians. Out of law school he turned down judicial clerkships and major law firm offers to go back to Chicago and work with the people as a "community organizer". That says a lot to me about where his heart is at. Unlike the other presidential candidate who cheated on his first wife and left her for someone else who happened to be very, very wealthy beyond most of our dreams. Unlike the other presidential candidate who brags about his military service yet votes against increasing military benefits.

wtf do they say to that?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Good response, hotncmom, but I happen to be a big fan of Obama's hot looks. LOL. But that's neither here nor there.

For me, the difference is, and this is solely my opinion: it seems like Obama actually CARES. Like, he really gives a fuck. I think his heart is in the right place. I just don't feel like that about Mccain.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Good response, hotncmom, but I happen to be a big fan of Obama's hot looks. LOL. But that's neither here nor there.

For me, the difference is, and this is solely my opinion: it seems like Obama actually CARES. Like, he really gives a fuck. I think his heart is in the right place. I just don't feel like that about Mccain.
    I tend to agree about McCain. What is his vision? Where is his passion? Seems he just wants to be Pres. because he doesn't know what else to do at this point.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^ LOL Poor guy. He's not ready for the retirement home just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Sheesh. This is what someone posted to me on another board:

I don't think you or anyone know Obama well enough to know how he will do. I think people have just jumped on the train because its the popular thing to do. Thay are attracted to his youth and good looks. Like a celebrity. JMHO...
    Doesn't this jackass know the same theory can be applied to Palin?

^^ Omg. Read this mess I copied from the first site link you posted:

Person 1: As a woman (and a former Republican), the thought of the Republicans remaining in office for another 4 yrs. terrifies me. Our economy is in shambles, friends are losing their homes, Sarah Palin thinks it's okay to further victimize rape/incest victims by denying abortions, McCain wants to continue spending billions and billions of dollars to send troops to Iraq to die or come back wounded to fester in deplorable veterans hospitals, etc., etc. When will this Bush nightmare end?

Person 2:
    As a woman republican you make me sick! Put on your big girl panties, and let's finish what we started. This economy might be bad right now, but it has declined in the last six months only. It was a hell of a lot better than it was than when we took it over from the Clinton's. As far as the "rape/incest" victims. Whether they have those babies or not, they will ALWAYS be rape/incest victims and will need counseling, but I guarantee they won't need as much counseling if they don't add murder to it! Stop blaming Bush for everything and stop whining

kudos to #2 for spelling correctly.

Funny and sad that such is a surprise
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Just a thought. Do you guys think Hilary will whole-heartedly campaign for Obama or do you think her self-interest will hurt him?

She has a vested interest in McCain winning this election. If McCain wins, Obama is off the table. She can run again in 2012. But if Obama wins, and he does a good job, he could be re-elected for a second term and that would put her earliest opportunity at 2016.

Are we sure we want Hillary out there speaking on Obama's behalf?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good response, hotncmom, but I happen to be a big fan of Obama's hot looks. LOL.
    Obama = hot ? really?

u got some strange kinda taste!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

More attractive than an ancient Gary Busey on crack.

^^ Omg. Read this mess I copied from the first site link you posted:

Person 1: As a woman (and a former Republican), the thought of the Republicans remaining in office for another 4 yrs. terrifies me. Our economy is in shambles, friends are losing their homes, Sarah Palin thinks it's okay to further victimize rape/incest victims by denying abortions, McCain wants to continue spending billions and billions of dollars to send troops to Iraq to die or come back wounded to fester in deplorable veterans hospitals, etc., etc. When will this Bush nightmare end?

Person 2:
    As a woman republican you make me sick! Put on your big girl panties, and let's finish what we started. This economy might be bad right now, but it has declined in the last six months only. It was a hell of a lot better than it was than when we took it over from the Clinton's. As far as the "rape/incest" victims. Whether they have those babies or not, they will ALWAYS be rape/incest victims and will need counseling, but I guarantee they won't need as much counseling if they don't add murder to it! Stop blaming Bush for everything and stop whining
    ^It never ceases to amaze and scare me at the same time that people
    like "person 2" exist, but unfortunately they do, by the hundreds of
    thousands. They're as fanatic as rabid dogs. They show true cultlike
    behavior. Nicknames like "pitbull" and "barracuda" actually fall short in
    describing how over the top they are. Their will to win changes
    churchladies into screeching fishwives, Bible thumping homemakers
    into killing machines against personnel of abortion clinics, sweet
    apple pie baking PTA moms into lying propaganda machines.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information