Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    ^its freakin scary isn't it?

(good work! While I applaud your work and agree w/ the concl.'s ... watch out for wikipedia - it is full of errors.)
    I agree. So here's some additional information not Wiki related:

Recession info in addition to Wiki:

http://www.nber.org/cycles/cyclesmain.html

http://www.econlib.org/LIBRARY/Enc/Recessions.html

The above links only lists recessions to 2001. By these counts 1 R/D shared, 4 dems, 10 repubs. The only one I counted previously from Wiki that is not included on these two is the 2001-2003 recession. These two lists had additions to what was listed on Wiki.

Job Creation:

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Jobs-created-during-U.S.-presidential-terms

This puts it at 7.33% growth for the dems and 2.98% growth for repubs since 1929.

Still doesn't look like a very rosy picture.

Edited to add: the Wiki numbers actually came from the US Dept of Labor
    Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    Last edited by nwgirl; September 8th, 2008 at 07:21 PM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    ^Absolutely...yes, vote absentee. The good thing about Florida being a swing state is that most military members overseas are registered there because of the tax structure of the state...and they are heavily leaning democrat right now!

As far as NC is concerned, Raleigh, Asheville, and Charlotte will go heavily dem, but the more rural areas will not. Remember NC is home to Elizabeth Dole and Jesse Helms! Ugh.
    I don't know about that. The blacks around here came out in record numbers a couple months ago. I find a lot of black around here just want a black man in office, no matter who it is.

It'd be interesting if we had a conservative Republican black in the running so we could test that theory.

Anyone know of instances where black repubs were able to count on "the black vote"?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

The maverick voted with Bush 90-95% of the time. What does that tell you? Then he claims he all of a sudden wants CHANGE?
    His wifey was wearing a $300,000 outfit at the RNC. These are not people I can relate to. They live in a different world. And when they try to humanize themselves to "our level," it really is a slap in the face.

Someone said: Mccain IS the problem. Asking him to reform Washington is like asking a crack dealer to run a rehab.

I still say his wife can spend her damn money any way she pleases. If she had shown up with some clothes from the GAP, everyone would have called her a hypocrite. Let's be honest ... it doesn't matter what they do, what they wear or who carried their baby, it'll never be enough for some.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    The maverick voted with Bush 90-95% of the time. What does that tell you? Then he claims he all of a sudden wants CHANGE?
    His wifey was wearing a $300,000 outfit at the RNC. These are not people I can relate to. They live in a different world. And when they try to humanize themselves to "our level," it really is a slap in the face.

Someone said: Mccain IS the problem. Asking him to reform Washington is like asking a crack dealer to run a rehab.
    I hope whomever said that never watches a movie, because we all know actors live in a different world too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    It'd be interesting if we had a conservative Republican black in the running so we could test that theory.

Anyone know of instances where black repubs were able to count on "the black vote"?
    Alan Keyes! Ran for Senate in 2004 in Illinois...of course, he ran against Barack...but given the option between a republican or a democrat, the racial minority voters in that state went with the Dem!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I hope whomever said that never watches a movie, because we all know actors live in a different world too.
    Sweetie,

Don't make comparisons here. No actor is running for the presidency right now.
    These people who claim middle class = making under $5 million a YEAR are NOT people I can relate to. Perhaps you can. But not I.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Yeah, and look how well that turned out.

*coughREAGANcough*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Sweetie,

Don't make comparisons here. No actor is running for the presidency right now.
    These people who claim middle class = making under $5 million a YEAR are NOT people I can relate to. Perhaps you can. But not I.
    It's still the same thing, no matter what one's job is. Either you can relate, or you can't. You can't say, I can't relate with you, because you wear $100,000.00 outfits, and you could be First Lady. But then turn around and love an actress, that wears the same.
    I can't separate the two. Either you can accept it or not.

In my eyes, I can't relate to either, that's why I bash both.

^^ Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

But comparing being a fan of an actor who has nada to do with the presidency is irrevelant, IMO.

I'm bored of the outfit pseudo outrage... are people trying to incite class warfare.....won't work in America

It was her jewelry that was so expensive.....her clothing was in the same price range as Laura Bush's, Michelle Obama's and Nancy Pelosi's......

In a free capitalist society you can spend your money as you see fit.....It's beautiful....

I'm wearing obscenely expensive shoes right now......and fuck anybody who thinks its a bad display...I'll shove my heel up their ass
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^ Well, clearly I can relate with you, Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    God. Caribou Barbie needs a new man in keeping with the theme.

I suggest the below:

Code name: Snow Job? Snow Job?????
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post

Well, when Micheal Steele(black repbulican) ran for the Senate here in Maryland against Cardin(white democrat), Steele got 1% of the black vote if I'm not mistaken. I'm insulted when someone says that black are voting for him just because he is black, if that was it Al Sharton and Jesse Jackson would've made it much further with their campaigns. I have never voted for someone based on race..no matter what party they belong to, case and point I vote for O'Mailey for mayor instead of Lawrence Bell who is black and also a democrat.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information