Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Hit By Ban Bus!

^its freakin scary isn't it?

(good work! While I applaud your work and agree w/ the concl.'s ... watch out for wikipedia - it is full of errors.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    they only get fined if they get investigated

another of Bush's political interference was ordering the cessation of investigations into exactly that around the 2004 clusterfuck elections. Surprise.
    Wouldn't take much of an investigation on Rev. Wright. Who actually conducts the investigation? Is it the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security or maybe Ministorial Bureau of Investigation? lol of course

IRS actually

The Internal Revenue Service is examining the tax-exempt status of a liberal church in Southern California because its former pastor delivered a fiery antiwar sermon that criticized President Bush by name on the Sunday before the 2004 presidential election.

But All Saints Church in Pasadena is more than just standing its ground. The 3,500-member Episcopal congregation has hired a heavy-hitting Washington law firm, unleashed a torrent of publicity and received support from religious groups across the political spectrum, from the National Council of Churches to the National Association of Evangelicals.

In effect, the church and its allies have turned the tables on the IRS, forcing the agency to defend itself against accusations of crossing the line into politics, essentially the same complaint the IRS originally brought against the church in June.

ETC

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
    Wouldn't take much of an investigation on Rev. Wright. Who actually conducts the investigation? Is it the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security or maybe Ministorial Bureau of Investigation? lol of course
    And why would you want to investigate Rev. Wright? He's not Obama's running mate or closest advisor. Former pastor only. Doesn't rate highly enough to investigate unless you're so desperate for crap to fling at Obama.

That marks the difference between the two campaigns. You really have to dig to find much scandalous on the Dem side but it's hard to turn on the tv or pick up the paper without reading about ethics investigations and years of stories of mishandling of city and state issues on Palin.

Silver Member

MSNBC seems to have some new kind of way to figure out whose going to win (some kind of machine).Chris Todd seems to think Obama is ahead(hope he is right). Another thing the pollster can't poll the people with cell phones. I heard this the other day,they can only poll the people with landmine phones(old fashioned ones not mobile ones. So I think the polls by USA etc might not show the true picture. Just a thought.

They can only poll people with land line phones you mean? I don't see why they couldn't call a cell phone if that's what people give as their contact number? I mean, maybe there's a good reason I'm just not seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    And why would you want to investigate Rev. Wright? He's not Obama's running mate or closest advisor. Former pastor only. Doesn't rate highly enough to investigate unless you're so desperate for crap to fling at Obama.

That marks the difference between the two campaigns. You really have to dig to find much scandalous on the Dem side but it's hard to turn on the tv or pick up the paper without reading about ethics investigations and years of stories of mishandling of city and state issues on Palin.
    I thought we were referencing pastor's preaching politics from the pulpit.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Sorry! In pitt bull without lipstick mode since no one in Obama camp is..

Obama just put out a new tv ad, and the talking heads have been informed that Obama is going distinctly negative over the next while.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtbG5xjFBY[/YOUTUBE]
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I think they have numbers for landlines only. They call from those rooms where a bank of people call number after number. The cell phone lines aren't listed. Most people under 30 don't even have landline phones.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Thanks nana, that makes sense. My husband and I don't have a land line, haven't for years! (we're 31)

And I loved that ad Grimm posted, I did a little dance inside. Freakin' finally calling them out on their lies.

I just found this out, but I can't believe my father-in-law used to be a democrat heavily involved volunteering in Baltimore local politics, and he's become a Republican in the last 15 years or so. I'm trying to figure out why--they haven't suddenly gotten rich or anything, and both him and my mother-in-law grew up poor. They're even anti-religious nuts, and I don't think the abortion issue is a big factor either. I think they've grown fiscally more conservative (they have gotten richer, but not rich enough to benefit from Republican policy). I'm still pretty floored at how one goes from being Democrat to Republican. Maybe it's because Florida is a Republican state and he changed right after they moved to FL. I'm dying to hear his reasons but I don't want to get into arguments!

I'm 34 and I haven't had a landline phone in 10 years! This new information changes all the polling numbers for me. Also, as you all know, polls don't really matter...our elections are based on the electoral college...can someone post the electoral college map as of today? If not, the one I viewed showed Obama ahead with 210 electoral votes and McCain with 200. A candidate needs 270 to win the election...the swing states that will decide the election are Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida.

Elite Member

I heard NC may be up for grabs, actually. It's traditionally a red state, but we have a lot of blacks. I'm not sure how many delegates NC has and whether it makes a difference, though.

Shit, so I should vote absentee in Florida huh?

^Absolutely...yes, vote absentee. The good thing about Florida being a swing state is that most military members overseas are registered there because of the tax structure of the state...and they are heavily leaning democrat right now!

As far as NC is concerned, Raleigh, Asheville, and Charlotte will go heavily dem, but the more rural areas will not. Remember NC is home to Elizabeth Dole and Jesse Helms! Ugh.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information