Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't Liberals Sacrifice For The War Effort?

Default Re: Why Don't Liberals Sacrifice For The War Effort?

Well, that would take care of the party boys anyhow!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

we're already making sacrifices! WE all have to pay taxes up the ying yang!!!! I have to go w/o food and medicine to help pay for this damn war b/c i have so much damn $ taken out of my paycheck plus what i had to pay in April and i'm POOR DAMNIT!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    Why don't you debate using facts or start a "goodbye cruel board" thread?
    Happy 4th of July to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    Why don't you debate using facts or start a "goodbye cruel board" thread?
    Why don't you go straight to the living hades and take the wickedHo with you.

*whistling a lovely tune* I'm goin to hell... but I'll be back in the Spring! Oh, yeah! *grand flourish of trumpets and strings*

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    Why don't you go straight to the living hades and take the wickedHo with you.
    Seriously DP, you always make a fuss when Grimm "resorts" to personal attacks, but it's a rare occasion to see you actually back up an argument with facts. I'm sorry, but telling people to go to hell is hardly a way to back up your argument.

oh my goodness...don't you see that its soft sarcasm that is exchanged in a friendly manner? If you feel left out, Grimm has a gucci handbasket that he's planning on taking to hell (see earlier posts on that), maybe you guys can hitch a ride together? I don't need to post a thesis everytime an issue pops up. My position is clear on the issues:
    1) America is still better than most countries out there no matter what is going on in the world or where our military may or may not be.
    2) Abortion should be illegal and the chop shops should be shut down at once.
    3) More Americans need to step up to the plate and put down the NY Times.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

My position is clear on the issues:
    1) America is still better than most countries out there no matter what is going on in the world or where our military may or may not be.

oh my goodness...don't you see that its soft sarcasm that is exchanged in a friendly manner? If you feel left out, Grimm has a gucci handbasket that he's planning on taking to hell (see earlier posts on that), maybe you guys can hitch a ride together? I don't need to post a thesis everytime an issue pops up. My position is clear on the issues:
    1) We used to be better off than other countries, but things have gone down the drain, since the arrival of the Bush junta. I think many Western European countries probably have a better standard of living than we do, since they have national health care, and if nothing else, they get more vacation time than we do.
    2) Not a big fan of abortion, but we do not live in a black and white world and there are exceptions to every rule. In cases of incest, rape, and when the mother's life is in danger--abortion should definitely be an option. Abortion as a form of birth control disgusts me.
    3)I'm already stepping up to the plate by paying these insane gas prices. What should I do next? Start riding a bike? And why should the New York Times be put down? Because you don't like it? Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech in this country. If you don't like the New York Times, don't read it.

America IS better than most countries. To keep it that way, the CONscum must be reigned in; their yipping isn't amusing anymore.
    "I had OTHER PRIORITIES than MILITARY SERVICE"-Dick Cheney

"I decided to better MYSELF"-Baby Bush

SVZ

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0778562.html

the US is 10th now, according to the human development index

My position is clear on the issues:
    So back up your argument using facts. Use reasoning. To quote Python: "An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes." Having a snit is hardly likely to change anyone's mind. Explain why you feel that Americans need to put down the New York Times. I'm not likely to do something just because you say so, I would need a good reason.

By the way, since you seem to have an interest in Greek mythology, I ought to let you know that WickedHo and I shall be hanging out in the Elysian Fields area of Hades. That is, of course, the section of the afterlife reserved for the virtuous and heroic. That could take a while as though you may want me to drop dead, I don't do requests.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

3) More Americans need to step up to the plate and put down the NY Times

Hmmm...as an American who has travelled all over the world and lived around the world as well, I can confidently say that while I do love where I come from, America is not the be all and end all when it comes to great living. It's that sort of arrogance (we're the greatest, our military is the finest and the bravest, we are the most honorable, etc) that really gets backs up around the world. We're not the greatest. We're pretty good and generally pretty cool but there are great people no matter where you go and there are lots of countries that are just as fab. And that does not mean that we yanks don't have a country to be proud of, but no more proud than many other countries.

As far a abortion, I respectfully disagree but won't take up the argument because it's been discussed to death on this site. And no, the NYT does not need to be put down, it needs to keep doing what it does and those who aren't interested could read, oh say, the NY Post...or maybe watch Fox for their 'fair and balanced' news. 'Cause we all know that the Australian Murdoch is a fine, upstanding example of good old fashioned American values.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0778562.html

the US is 10th now, according to the human development index
    Not shocked. I was looking at worldwide infant mortality rates once not long ago and was embarassed at how low on the list (i.e. greater number of deaths per 1000 births) the US ranked. Certainly there are nations far worse. But I do believe we're the lowest of the industrialized nations. I guess it's just a coincidence that the countries who ranked above US on the list with the lowest infant mortality rate had national healthcare.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I don't even understand what that means, to say that America is "better" than another country. Good, bad, bettter & worse are all completely subjective in casual conversation. You can compare individual issues that contribute to quality of life against each other, but when it comes down to it, people have their own priorities & values. What's best for them may not be best for someone else, or even show up in any of the comparisons.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information