Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Don't Liberals Sacrifice For The War Effort?

Default Re: Why Don't Liberals Sacrifice For The War Effort?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    Answer me this: Why haven't we gone to war with North Korea? Why haven't we invaded and liberated North Korea? Is it because Kim Jong Il is a crazy evil man that would bomb us twice without thinking about it? Probably.
    I think we are stretched too thin right now to take on China (which is exactly what happens if we enter into a showdown with N. Korea.) however, since I believe in the Bible, I also recognize that indeed we will enter into this at some point whch of course leads to armageddon.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium
    I think we are stretched too thin right now to take on China (which is exactly what happens if we enter into a showdown with N. Korea.) however, since I believe in the Bible, I also recognize that indeed we will enter into this at some point whch of course leads to armageddon.
    I know my Bible backwards and forwards and nowhere in it does it positively state that China will be the beginning of Armageddon. The Book of Revelations is very vague on many things including this.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    I know my Bible backwards and forwards and nowhere in it does it positively state that China will be the beginning of Armageddon. The Book of Revelations is very vague on many things including this.
    there are many references which seem to point to China. Especially in regards to armies and their numbers.
    Oil and the End Times

Crude oil futures have hit the $60-a-barrel mark. The prices of oil rose on speculative buying and fears of supply disruptions due to refinery glitches. There have also been worries that OPEC will not be able to meet growing demand.

Legendary oil man T. Boone Pickens said that gasoline prices in the United States should reach and pass $3 per gallon within the next 12 months. "I think you are going to see $3 gasoline in the United States within the next year, and I think that'll be a shock," said Pickens at a New York Energy Summit.

Two dollars a gallon for gasoline in the United States has largely been a non-event. One of the reasons people are not more concerned about the jump in pump prices is the relatively low cost of gassing up. The oil shock of the late 1970s would be comparable to $80 a barrel in today's money.

America is quite unprepared for such a spike in gasoline. During the years of cheap oil, consumers have bought millions of SUVs and other low-mileage vehicles. When I was at Wal-Mart this weekend, I was amazed at the number of trucks in the parking lot.

Sometime in the near future, our dependence on oil is going to reach a critical crossroads. The supply is going to begin to diminish while the demand will sharply increase. Everyone can understand that the earth's reserves of petroleum has limits. What has not been reported in the press is the growing need for oil from developing nations like India and China.

The current global oil consumption rate is about 84 million barrels per day. America alone guzzles about 20.8 million barrels a day. With only 1.5 million barrels a day of unused production capacity supply, disruptions are a big concern. As nations continue to industrialize, increased capacity requirements mean that suppliers are going to become stretched thin.

After years of attracting billions of dollars in foreign investment, and turning itself into the world's largest factory economy, China appears to be actively trying to nurture its industrial growth. The one area the Chinese are very concerned about is oil.

With an economy growing at 8 percent each year, Chinese leaders realize they need to tap into the world's supply of oil. In recent years, they have developed economic ties with Sudan, Venezuela and Iran, three oil-rich nations. To gain access to oil reserves in Asia, China's state-controlled oil company has made a bold $18.5 billion bid for Unocal.

The Unocal bid by the China National Offshore Oil Corporation, or CNOOC, may be a watershed in Chinese-American relations. The move marks the first time China has sought to acquire oil reserves previously designated for North American markets.

China's need for oil amazingly fits into the end times. For many years prophecy scholars had no solid reason to explain why the Kings of the East will –according to Bible prophecy-- send a massive, 200-million man army westward. The need for black gold is a very good reason for China to be focused on the Middle East.

"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared" (Rev. 16:12).

"Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them" (Rev. 9:16 ).

Another way oil factors into the end times is the financial and military power it places into the hands of Arab nations. The price of oil has doubled over the past two years, which means Persian Gulf states now have billions of extra petrol dollars they can spend on military hardware.

With oil around $60, you can be certain that nations like Iran and Libya will be arming up for the tribulation hour. --- Todd
    http://www.raptureready.com/nm/43.html

Oh i bet you're just drooling at the prospect of being left behind at the rapture.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Oh i bet you're just drooling at the prospect of being left behind at the rapture.
    ?? Again, just throwing out your same tired insults Grimm.

Beats your tired, factless and downright false articles.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Why don't the CONs who admire Bush get their butts in the line of fire? Do they have OTHER PRIORITIES than serving their country as did Cheney?
    "I had OTHER PRIORITIES than MILITARY SERVICE"-Dick Cheney

"I decided to better MYSELF"-Baby Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Peach
    Why don't the CONs who admire Bush get their butts in the line of fire? Do they have OTHER PRIORITIES than serving their country as did Cheney?
    Actually my spouse retired after 20 years and serving in the first gulf war and grenada. (and a few other "hot spots" during the Reagan years). I spent those years of my life moving every 2 years with small children whom I raised nearly single-handedly as a military spouse, including living forward-deployed. He was often gone for months to up to 1 1/2 years at a time for various deployments. And during that time I served with the Red Cross and other outreach organizations. And yes, my husband in his off time, did assist with humanitarian christian activities such as building or repairing orphanages etc. So no, we did NOT have "other priorities". We served at very low enlisted pay, away from our families, constantly moving and sacrificing for this country. And if the draft starts up, I would obviously fall in the age range and would go. My husband also after 9/11 was willing, able and volunteered to be active duty again if the military needed him. So, unless you have made those same sacrifices, "shut yer pie hole".

Hey! No stealing my material!

^I prefer shut the sewer hole.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium
    Actually my spouse retired after 20 years and serving in the first gulf war and grenada. (and a few other "hot spots" during the Reagan years). I spent those years of my life moving every 2 years with small children whom I raised nearly single-handedly as a military spouse, including living forward-deployed. He was often gone for months to up to 1 1/2 years at a time for various deployments. And during that time I served with the Red Cross and other outreach organizations. And yes, my husband in his off time, did assist with humanitarian christian activities such as building or repairing orphanages etc. So no, we did NOT have "other priorities". We served at very low enlisted pay, away from our families, constantly moving and sacrificing for this country. And if the draft starts up, I would obviously fall in the age range and would go. My husband also after 9/11 was willing, able and volunteered to be active duty again if the military needed him. So, unless you have made those same sacrifices, "shut yer pie hole".
    Well guess what. I did EXACTLY the same thing, but for a shorter time, ten years. I was the director of a USO overseas, several different locations in fact, and I worked as a military sanctioned social worker for the DOD. My husband was an officer and I was a rarity among military wives because I hold a post grad degree. Husband was away for long stretches on dangerous assignments and I raised a family in his absence, ran the household and held professional positions, all of this overseas. Once Clinton took office he gutted the military's intelligence gathering capacity and we were offered a huge sum to take early retirement and ease into a federal job.

So I don't want to hear any more crap from you about everyone here being an 'evil liberal' that hasn't sacrified to support this country because it's simply not true.

You said your husband was enlisted? What's the highest rank he acheived?

^What do you care what rank he achieved? You were an OFFICERS wife, not enlisted. I am an enlisted wife and i am also a veteran. You're quite rude and she deserves a little more respect.

A veteran of what, handing out food in the mess?

^Oh, so you wanna mix it up with me a little?

No, it's not nice to pick on the handicapped. I should be ashamed.

... yet I'm not. I guess that makes me a bad person. Ah well, I'm already going to hell so I might as well take the scenic route in the Gucci handbasket.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information