Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do you support John McCain?

^^ Do it during.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Well, I sort of did...I guess I got sidetracked, though. Anyway, DH is still on the fence but he basically said things are "working for him" the way they are right now and questioned why we need to change economic strategy. I think that's why most white males are inclined to vote McCain. They're just not affected by all this economic upheaval, at least not in a way that they feel it. Our 401(k) is in the toilet but DH is optimistic it'll come back in time for us to have a good retirement.

I did point out that his parents who just retired may be struggling. I also pointed out that DH has gotten raises and promotions in the last 6 years such that his salary has increased by about 40K a year, but that our standard of living has not changed one iota. We still struggle to pay for one NC beach vacation a year. We are not behind on our bills, but we are over budget on any number of things. We still live in the same house, we have one car that is 10 years old. Other than retirement savings we are unable to save in other areas. Higher groceries and gas are eroding our budget. I told him that with the money he's making now vs. 6 years ago, we should be able to afford more, but we can't. That speaks volumes to me. It just rolled off his back.
    Thanks for answering.

It seems like you are closer to managing the money. Perhaps if he were actually seeing where it goes, your point about things staying the same despite the significant pay increase would hit home. I would be really annoyed if I were making that much more money and not have anything additional to show for it. Right now, he's seeing his life staying the same so he feels - what could be wrong with that? Imagine if he didn't get that kind of increase....

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Unfortunately he's one of those that thinks the VP is not really a consideration in who he votes for, and he's one of those that poo poos me when I tell him that McCain may die or get sick during his term.

Too bad I can't shove a ballot under his nose right after sex. I've heard that's when men are most agreeable

Wrong. They are most agreeable right before sex. While his balls are blue get him to vote. Maybe follow him to the voting booth and whisper dirty messages into his ear

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Forget the economics, isn't he tired of having a repug? 4 years listening to "my friends" would drive anyone insane.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

^^ Haha. I can't scrounge 5 minutes of listening to Dubya talk.
    He is soo annoying

MY FRIENDS, I am vetoing every single proposed policy that comes my way!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Forget the economics, isn't he tired of having a repug? 4 years listening to "my friends" would drive anyone insane.
    He doesn't pay attention. At all. He has not read one fact check about this election. He hears stuff through the grapevine (usually smears about Obama) and asks me about them. I get angry and try to dispute them, and he says I'm too biased. So I tell him to go look it up for himself, but he's too busy/lazy. I tell him he should stay home and doesn't deserve to vote.

He's not watched one debate. He wouldn't even watch the Youtube of the Colin Powell endorsement.

It's been a real fun time around my house.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information