Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do straights hate gays? (Larry Kramer)

or it could just be ignorance
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    Overall, it seems to be culturally disagreable in the US. The behaivor isn't acceptable, and even it could be proven as biological.
    well this is absurd...

i agree xoxo
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

A*O

I'm STILL waiting to hear what 'the behaivor' (sic) actually is that's so 'culturally disagreeable'. Please enlighten us.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

^^exactly, i would like to know as well..and if this is the case the culture is more at fault than the behavior...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Sexual orientation is not a lifestyle choice, simple as that. And one should not make an absolute statement that it is not acceptable unless that is their own belief. If that is unfortunately the case then I'd call it bigotry and homophobia. Not everyone in a particular culture condemns homosexuality, esp in the US. I'd like to think that there are a lot of people who are more understanding, tolerant and yea not ignorant and that the only small percentage are the stupids.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    lol why
    A little late......
    I look around myself and all the eligible, datable men are either married, gay or extinct. If i was gay at least i would be able to hook up with plenty of straight hot women...and there are millions of them.

A*O

This shit is alive and kicking....

Tobago to ban Elton?
    March 27, 2007 - 9:12AM

Musician Elton John is under attack by Christian leaders in Tobago.
    Photo: AP

Advertisement
    AdvertisementPop singer Elton John should be banned from performing at a jazz festival in Tobago because his homosexuality could influence young people, some Christian leaders on the Caribbean island said on Monday.

A group of Christian churches have failed to persuade the Tobago House of Assembly, which oversees the administration of the island, to join the call for a boycott of John's appearance at the Plymouth Jazz Festival in late April.

But they said they would pursue the campaign against John, who married his partner David Furnish in Britain in 2005.

"We feel it can have a negative social impact. There are some who may not be sure of their sexuality and one has to be careful about how this can create impressions on impressionable minds," pastor Terrance Baynes told Reuters on Monday.

The British singer celebrated his 60th birthday at Madison Square Garden in New York on Sunday, playing more than 30 songs from a career spanning four decades.

Jazz festival organizer CL Communications dismissed calls for a boycott and said the show would go on.

"Elton John is coming as what he is, one of the world's greatest performers," said Anthony Maharaj, adding that the country should be honored to have John perform in Tobago, the smaller island of energy-rich Trinidad.

"His band has performed in every country around the world. .... He is not coming here to preach about what lifestyle people should have," he said.

Reuters
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    It's really hard to prove my point, as Grimm says because it has been covered up by the Roman Church or whatever else. I've even talked to Italians who feel this way about their govn't. That the Pope is the plague.

Maybe other cultures don't have such a problem, but in the US it is considered a 'lifestyle' choice. And that lifestyle is condoned. Most of them I've met have been part of elite partying crowd(that is a lifestyle).

Hate to break the news to you but most practicing American Catholics are very tolerent and non judgemental. It is mainly very conservitive Evangelical Christians that are berating anything different from them. Also most American Catholics are not so pleased with the current Pope but we have no choice in the matter. Sometimes you do not always agree with a leader (i.e Bush anyone?) you just hope while they hold the position they do not cause to much damage. By the way, have you ever watched a public mass given by the Pope the whole damn city shuts down to attend. Also most Itailans are very religious.
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

Catholicism ought to dispense with the cult of personality surrounding some rich old fart in Prada shoes who presides over billions languishing in poverty and disease.

He's no better than some tacky, big haired televangelist.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Grimm, I want to ask you if you personally experience a lot of ignorance and anti-gay hate here in Southern Ontario, or if you're speaking more in general terms about North America as a whole? I know all the straight people I socialize with are supportive of gay rights, but then again I do choose my social circle rather carefully and I work in a tiny office with fairly liberal, educated people...

I do remember encountering (and frequently standing up to) some homophobia in Northern Ontario, but it was never of the bloodthirsty variety that we so often hear about from the evangelicals. I guess I'm just wondering what your own experience has been in Canada, if you want to share, that is.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Walking down Yonge street holding hands with the BF, some dredlocked Jamaican dude yelled at us, called us Battimen and said we were sick, bl ah blah blah.. Yelled back that if he didn't like it he could fuck off back to his third world craphole of an island.

Had a bottle of cologne whipped at me on Church street (gay village), as I was sitting on the steps enjoying a coffee, to screams of "fag!" from some car. Funny thing was they missed, the cologne wasn't even GOOD cologne, and they were using a word that was more of a descriptor in that neighborhood than an epithet..

Counter-protested on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, when some American church fundie group bussed their members and the canadian chapters of their fucktard organization to the Hill to protest gay marriage.. Stood toe to toe with them, and had them yell at me for 5 hours straight about how Gay marriage was unnatural and against god's will.. funny thing is, the closest couple screaming that nonsense was a black guy and chinese woman, an inter-racial couple. I had to yell back about how their marriage was also deemed against God's will back in the late 19th-early 20th centuries, and that they were ignorant fools.

Counter-protested against a smaller, lamer anti gay marriage group at Queens Park in Toronto on a miserable rainy day.. same shit, different pile.

Been called all sorts of names, just by walking down the street with a BF and not doing anything in particular over the years.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I had to yell back about how their marriage was also deemed against God's will back in the late 19th-early 20th centuries, and that they were ignorant fools.
    Yelled back that if he didn't like it he could fuck off back to his third world
    *APPLAUSE!!!!*
    thats inspiring stuff Grimm.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Stood toe to toe with them, and had them yell at me for 5 hours straight about how Gay marriage was unnatural and against god's will.. funny thing is, the closest couple screaming that nonsense was a black guy and chinese woman, an inter-racial couple. I had to yell back about how their marriage was also deemed against God's will back in the late 19th-early 20th centuries
    wow..as a person of ethnic descent myself this is just embarrassing

Sticks and stones love, sticks and stones.
    All this name calling is NO different than the name calling you do, you just feel since you are a gay man that you are justified in doing it.
    Sorry, from what I know you seem nice enough, but you seem to hate the whole world and anyone that doesn't agree with you being gay.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information