Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do straights hate gays? (Larry Kramer)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    uh, are we missing some posts? like the one i put up?
    ???? I don't get ya? Missing posts?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

If we could wipe out all the ignorant straight men, I'm sure the situation would improve itself immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by ScooBeth View Post
    If we could wipe out all the ignorant straight men, I'm sure the situation would improve itself immensely.
    The worst things I have heard in work situations, surprisingly, have been from straight women. Two times at two different jobs my straight female bosses have said evil things about gays not only in front of me but TO me(not realizing I was gay.) Once in 1997 and the other time back in the eighties"don't use THAT restroom cause that is where all the fags go to meet up'.

The one in 97 I told later..and of course she treated me badly after that.(the cunt). I had just started the job there and had quit my old one. After that she started going on little tirades a couple times and had to catch herself cause she realized I was still in the room. She was a real bitch though and was unprofessional..she made $80,000.00 a year, her husband more, lived in a 5,000 square foot house and called it a 'hovel'. Cunt. She was crooked to as she was a PT and had people in rehab(getting big $$$ for them) and they were dying and should have been in hospice. Evil bitch.I was working under this cunt when 3 of my 6 patients in routine PT I was seeing had died when I came back from my 1 week of vacation. I went in at 8 and had quit by 11am. I hope that bitch is suffering somewhere...

edit..*damn that post is full of bitterness..lol!*
    Last edited by Sojiita; March 22nd, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Yeah, I could really care less if str8 people liked me or not.. but the fact is, str8 people make up 80/90 percent of society and they have the capability of making MY life horrible through legislation or abuse.
    This is what is the real pain in the butt, these homophobes are the ones leading the country and making the laws. I have yet to see anyone running for office (especially where I live) that is willing to make a difference.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Everyone I know is fine with gays. I live in central wisconsin.

As you know I live in San Francisco and I can say that the majority of people here do not hate gays, in fact we don't think of them as anything other than people. I was at City Hall on the day Rosie O'Donnell was there to get married, she was late so we didn't see her, but my friend and I stood there and watched a lot of couples get married, and there was so much happiness, both by them and for them, loads of family members attended.

My brother's best friend in high school is gay, my brother is not. The entire family keeps in touch with him, he came out to us before his own family.

I think a lot of the people who hate gays are in general racist in many ways, either they don't know any personally or are afraid of anybody who is different than they are.

I direct a program that works with adolescents, some of whom have been sexually abused, and some who are sexual perpetrators. It's on an even keel now, but for about 3 years, I had to be vigilant for signs that gay kids were being treated differently by staff. Well-meaning people (most of them) on autopilot would automatically treat a gay teen making overtures toward another teen of the same sex, (no matter how appropriate the overture) as an act of sexual aggression or perpetration. It was treated as pathological, often as a symptom that the kid had been sexually abused. Blew my mind. Many times, I had to ask staff the question, "what if this was an opposite sex situation? What if a boy was trying to make a date with a girl instead of a boy?" Well, that was different!

It took some time & determination, but everyone on my team accepts that gay teens must not be treated as sexual criminals if they behave naturally & appropriately. Some probably don't like it, or agree, but too bad. Even one of my therapists, who is a conservative Christian, follows these guidelines, and has never complained or made trouble. In fact, I think she's become quite sensitive & compassionate toward gay teenagers. I wouldn't hesitate to add a gay teen to her caseload.

There are many days when I don't get much satisfaction from my job, but there is one thing that does make me proud, and it's that I helped to create an environment for teenagers in which it was ok & safe to be gay. It's funny though- we have a girl who is extremely butch, and a boy who is terribly flamboyant. There are a few staff who do struggle with this but it seems like the boy bothers them much more than the girl. I find that interesting. The girl can wear dog collars & shave her head & do everything possible to look like a man, but the second the boy puts on lip gloss or tries on a girl's shoes, the buzz starts. I'm working on that.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

uh, are we missing some posts? like the one i put up?
    Mysterious, isn't it? I think this has happened to you before. You must be prone to your posts disappearing.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

*narrows his eyes*

I will have an explanation, if you please. In my office!

*slams door*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    There are many days when I don't get much satisfaction from my job, but there is one thing that does make me proud, and it's that I helped to create an environment for teenagers in which it was ok & safe to be gay. It's funny though- we have a girl who is extremely butch, and a boy who is terribly flamboyant. There are a few staff who do struggle with this but it seems like the boy bothers them much more than the girl. I find that interesting. The girl can wear dog collars & shave her head & do everything possible to look like a man, but the second the boy puts on lip gloss or tries on a girl's shoes, the buzz starts. I'm working on that.
    Well first of all, mad props to you for making that place welcome for everybody- that's a great achievement.

Recently there was a program on the radio about masculine girls being more accepted than feminine boys. One hypothesis said that people (read: straight men) are more willing to have a masculine/lesbian daughter than a feminine/gay son, the reason being the daughter's "trading up" whereas the boy is "trading down". Having more masculine traits like being tough and dating women is sortof condoned because hell, that's what straight men do. Having more feminine traits like being sensitive and dating men is frowned upon because that's what chicks do.

Fewer parents tend to want their tomboy daughters 'corrected' whereas more parents tend to want their sensitive sons 'fixed'.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

That's very interesting, hadn't heard of that. It certainly is compatible with what I see.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

nevermind, im going crazy...must be the drugs,.,.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

lol, what did you write in your drug addled state that didn't come through?
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

grimm did the doc give you good meds too?
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

*narrows his eyes*

I will have an explanation, if you please. In my office!

*slams door*
    The dwarves did it, that's the only logical explanation.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information