View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if the Presidential election was held today?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton (D)

33 45.21%
  • Barack Obama (D)

19 26.03%
  • John Edwards (D)

8 10.96%
  • Mitt Romney (R)

3 4.11%
  • John McCain (R)

3 4.11%
  • Rudy Giuliani (R)

7 9.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would you vote for if the Presidential election was held today?

im not sure who im voting for yet but its not clinton. i cant stand that woman. shes just bad as her *fake* hubby. imo

her fake hubby did a great job, and look what came after. good god.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yeah okay lol i dont think He did that great of a job imo.

Uh, the economy was booming, you had a 500 billion surplus, unemployment was at an all time low, environmental issues were being addressed, and there werent 2 wars on hand run by idiots and religious nutjobs.

I'd say it was a damnsight better than it is today.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    My heart says Obama, but my head says Hillary. She's not a very likeable person but she has the political experience and savvy and with a husband who happens to be a popular former President on her team it's pretty much a dream ticket. Can a former President hold senior office, eg Secretary of State in a subsequent administration?

So far I don't see any Republicans who are remotely electable.
    I agree.

Hillary all the way. Who gives a shit about likeability? She supposed to run a country, not host a keg party.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Hillary all the way. Who gives a shit about likeability? She supposed to run a country, not host a keg party.
    It's not just about a likeability factor. One of my biggest issues with Hillary is that she voted for the war in Iraq, and has yet to come out and admit that she made a mistake. She just keeps saying that she was 'misled' by Bush. John Edwards voted for the war, but came out and said he made a mistake doing it. Hillary refuses to do that. And, in that regards, she reminds me of Bush, where she's not able to admit that she made a mistake.

Plus, she keeps trying to push this universal health care plan of her's that didn't work the last time she tried to push it on the public.

I like her health care plan. Obama's plan would leave people out. It's amazing to me that we don't have universal health care yet actually, we all deserve access to health care, IMO having it should be a basic human right. Hasn't it already worked well for Canada? She is also for affordable health care and tax credits, you won't be denied coverage because of a preexisting health condition. It's not as if she's not going to force anyone to change plans. The only problem is that implementing the plan will be difficult (but I believe it's possible) and there might be longer wait times. I also think she has a better outlook on education. There are problems with higher pay for teachers based on children's academic performance. It fails to take into consideration the hard working teachers in inner city schools that have kids failing in their classes because of their life circumstances. And last of all Obama wants to give illegals drivers licenses, which is something I will never support. They should be legal to have the same forms of identifications and privileges hardworking American tax payers do.

That is why I'm voting for Hillary. I'm also very familiar with her already and think she's been a great senator. But if Obama is the nomination I will vote for him, I definitely don't dislike him, I would just prefer Hillary. I won't vote McCain, despite the fact that I respect that he was a POW and has a lot of experience under his belt. I didn't like his 100 years in Iraq comment at all.

I couldn't agree more. But some people are using the words "cold", "shrill", or "bitch" to explain why they won't vote for her. Which basically means they are intimidated by strong women (whether they realize it or not), and won't vote for one. The same way that racists will point out Obama's name as a reason not to vote for him. They can't come right out and say that they don't want a biracial man, or woman, in power.
    Last edited by nycgirl; February 3rd, 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Hillary all the way.

Silver Member

I'm going with Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    I like her health care plan. Obama's plan would leave people out. It's amazing to me that we don't have universal health care yet actually, we all deserve access to health care, IMO having it should be a basic human right. Hasn't it already worked well for Canada? She is also for affordable health care and tax credits, you won't be denied coverage because of a preexisting health condition. It's not as if she's not going to force anyone to change plans. The only problem is that implementing the plan will be difficult (but I believe it's possible) and there might be longer wait times. I also think she has a better outlook on education. There are problems with higher pay for teachers based on children's academic performance. It fails to take into consideration the hard working teachers in inner city schools that have kids failing in their classes because of their life circumstances. And last of all Obama wants to give illegals drivers licenses, which is something I will never support. They should be legal to have the same forms of identifications and privileges hardworking American tax payers do.

That is why I'm voting for Hillary. I'm also very familiar with her already and think she's been a great senator. But if Obama is the nomination I will vote for him, I definitely don't dislike him, I would just prefer Hillary. I won't vote McCain, despite the fact that I respect that he was a POW and has a lot of experience under his belt. I didn't like his 100 years in Iraq comment at all.
    But like I said in another thread, Hillary's health care plan would be considered a social program, and when the economy gets tight the social programs are the ones that get cut into first.

And now that Hillary is talking about wanting to garnish people's paychecks to support this plan, then I'm really against it. There are people in this country that are reasonably satisfied with their health care, so for her to think that she's going to sweep everybody into some umbrella plan is ridiculous.

Plus, the insurance companies aren't even going to sit idly by and allow Hillary to pull that off. And considering the clout and the lobby power the insurance companies have in Washington, Hillary's universal health care plan will never see the light of day, and she knows it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. But some people are using the words "cold", "shrill", or "bitch" to explain why they won't vote for her. Which basically means they are intimidated by strong women (whether they realize it or not), and won't vote for one. The same way that racists will point out Obama's name as a reason not to vote for him. They can't come right out and say that they don't want a biracial man, or woman, in power.
    And I agree with you about the code words and phrases that people use to try and cover up the fact that they aren't comfortable with the idea of a woman or man of color being president.

^^ Haha, man of color, you said it. That was so Halle Berry of you!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Hillary Clinton. I don't have a problem with Obama but as Grimm said, I have seen the Clinton's in the WH and know what good they are capable of doing. If the Repugs had left them alone (Whitewater, sex scandal etc) they could have accomplished a lot more. Sure, HC failed on universal health care. I think anyone would have at that point. She was never going to be allowed to succeed.

I also don't expect her to come out and say she made a mistake. If Edwards wants to do that, fine for him. I think the Senators and Reps who voted for war were misled by an administration with their own agenda. I don't think I would categorize that as a mistake on their parts. They made a bad decision because they were given bad information. At the time, there was a definite "you aren't patriotic if you don't do x,y, or z" in the country. I can remember that and it was the Repugs who helped it flourish. The entire country was being misled at the time and it has taken years to get the true information out.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Gold Member

I can't believe I never voted in this thread. I'm still with Hill, she gives me hope and inspires me
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

^^ Haha, man of color, you said it. That was so Halle Berry of you!
    NOOOO!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information