Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who attended 5 colleges in 6 years?? Sarah Palin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Dubya was a student?
    W is a Yale undergrad and Harvard MBA, I am embarassed to admit. It takes the shine off my degree I must say, that this....*deep breath goes away muttering* ...never mind. Lets just say if my alma mater wants any donations from me, it would be best if they didnt hold W up as an example.

Six colleges in five years sounds very unstable to me.

Who cares? She graduated didn't she?

yeah, who cares if Bush bankrupted 5 companies before becoming retard in chief.. who cares that Condi Rice was an oil woman.. who cares about anything, right? Past history means nothing!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Anyone see the Gossip Girl episode where people with fake id's took the wealthy kids' SAT's - well a whole LOT of money changed hands to get GW his degrees. His friends even admitted he NEVER went to class and was failing everything and could have cared less.

As to Mrs Palin (aka Caribou Barbie) why it took her 6 years in 5 schools (are they even accredited) to earn a journalism degree. I did a BS in 4 and MBA while working FULL TIME in 2 including a theses. She must not have had too much ambition to do well enough in school to help her get into a good graduate school. Just another slap in the face of working mom's who did take school serious and worked hard to make it easier on their children and family. It certainly doesn't look as though education is very important to the Palin family in general ( I give you Bristol and Track) and given Alaska's last place standing for high school graduates she doesn't care much about other people's kids either. This seems to include not just college but trade, technical, and vocational schooling to help them get better jobs. She is one sleazy bitch and I wish someone in the media would get hold of one salicious story that will unravel her hair pins permanently.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

SVZ

my friend's dad roomed with bush at yale...oh the stories..

Elite Member

SVZ! You've been holding back. Dish please!

With his family, there was no way Bush was not getting into an Ivy League School, even if he were borderline cognitively impaired. Particularly during the period of time in which he'd have been the age to be there. I'm betting even now there are "legacy" kids who still have no problems getting accepted regardless of the fact that if they were nobodies with no family connections or money they'd be lucky to get into community college.

Frankly, I'm miles more impressed by my own father's University graduation with a degree in engineering and as a valedictorian. For someone who grew up without a pot to piss in or a window throw it out of, much less any family who went to school past high school (and most were doing good to get that far), the fact that he even got accepted was impressive enough. But he knew even at a young age that if there was any hope for him he was gonna have to work his ass off and acquire a scholarship.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    With his family, there was no way Bush was not getting into an Ivy League School, even if he were borderline cognitively impaired. Particularly during the period of time in which he'd have been the age to be there. I'm betting even now there are "legacy" kids who still have no problems getting accepted regardless of the fact that if they were nobodies with no family connections or money they'd be lucky to get into community college.

Frankly, I'm miles more impressed by my own father's University graduation with a degree in engineering and as a valedictorian. For someone who grew up without a pot to piss in or a window throw it out of, much less any family who went to school past high school (and most were doing good to get that far), the fact that he even got accepted was impressive enough. But he knew even at a young age that if there was any hope for him he was gonna have to work his ass off and acquire a scholarship.

BINGO, Mrs. Dark. Those of us who came from humble backgrounds and worked our asses off to get through school, really despise these "sliver spoon" legacies and all they stand for. We not only worked while in school, we also applied for every scholarship possible. With the cost of schooling today, my kids get they will have to get work study jobs and scholarships to go to school even with the money we've put away for their educations. Now with the credit crunch, it's getting back to where only the rich kids can afford to go and once again separating the middle classes to the pre WWII days of haves and have nots.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bleu View Post
    Six colleges in five years sounds very unstable to me.
    It sounds like a perfect politician. Transferring like that is a huge pain in the arse because of all the paperwork and yet she didn't seem to mind all that. She'd have had to have kept her grades up, I think, to transfer as a freshman anyway. I think she runs through people really fast and probably leaves a trail of people scratching their heads wondering what hit them. For someone like her to have maintained a marriage for this long tells me that it's a been a very 'flexible', mutually beneficial one to both of them and that there are probably plenty of dark secrets there.

Need to keep up with news around here on a more timely basis. Sorry if this was already posted. I don't know why this seems so weird to me over all the other crap.

Sarah Palin attended 5 colleges in 6 years: Does that make her a 'Maverick' too?
    POSTED September 4, 6:59 PM
    Laura Vecsey - Seattle People Examiner

That leftist and elite media organization known as the Associated Press has a story sure to make John McCain worry about the sound educational background of his Vice Presidential pick Sarah Palin. The AP is reporting this afternoon that Sarah Palin attended five colleges in six years.
    Talk about a record!
    Dog sledder and honored Alaskan Susan Butcher (may she rest in peace) did not even win 5 Itidarods in 6 years!
    Oddly, Palin's first college was Hawaii Pacific University. Maybe she and Barack Obama, who attended a top-notch private high school in Hawaii, can share a few good yucks about Hawaii, except that Palin only lasted one semester and never did apply for another passport until a few months ago. What's that you say? Hawaii is part of the United States of America? Ooops.
    After Honoulu, Sarah Barracuda went off in search of knowledge at North Idaho College, outside of Spokane, which unlike Cambridge, Massachusetts, is NOT the home of Harvard, that elitist university that caters to intellectual blue bloods from the Northeast, people like Obama and Bill Gates.
    In 1987, after attending the University of Idaho for a few semesters, Palin did finally achieve a degree in journalism, though she never worked on the school newspaper. Instead, she worked briefly as a sportscaster for KTUU in Anchorage after she graduated college.
    Perhaps this helps answer why the McCain campaign has so steadfastly decided to cling to its guns, declaring war on the media, canceling interviews with the media and accusing the media of everything bad the ever happened in Western civilization, except the Iraq war. This ticket now boasts a 5-school journalism major who never worked on a school newspaper and an admiral's son in John McCain, who finished fourth from the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy in Annapolis.
    Is this why they're called "Mavericks?"
    Is "Maverick" a code word for dubious distinction at institutions of higher learning?
    Does "Maverick" mean "One Who Disdains Others Who Actually Excelled in the Pursuit of Intellectual Achievement?"
    Brilliant!

Maverick

n.
    1. An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that has become separated from its mother, traditionally considered the property of the first person who brands it.
    2. One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter.
    adj.
    Being independent in thought and action or exhibiting such independence: maverick politicians; a maverick decision.
    [Possibly after Samuel Augustus Maverick (18031870), American cattleman who left the calves in his herd unbranded

IMO, what I've seen of these two so far don't quite fit the abridged definition very well. I still think it has more to do with notion of James Garner's characer in that old western or Tiny Tom's character in Top Gun - most likely a combo of the two (GI Schmoe with a badge and Barbie with a grenade launcher - sold separately). Or perhaps it is one of the suggested notions given by the author. IMO it's not at all dissenting from the status quo of their "chosen" party.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    It makes me proud to be an alumni of the Univ. of Texas Law School -- they rejected GWB before his family suckered Yale to take him in. How bad must he have sucked for a state school (albeit a good one) to reject that family legacy?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information