Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White privilege, white entitlement, and the 2008 elections

Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    FriendorFoe I agree with you. That was the point I was attempting to make, was that race is NOT the issue. It's disgusting that people are literally attempting to keep the race thing alive(even those who have no real stake in how the election turns out).

Who has the experience to lead the country? That's the bottom line.
    Im sorry, were you able to actually refute anything that was posted?

The race thing IS alive.

Re-read it, go down point by point, and tell me which points are not reality.

I'll wait.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

And further:

Its a fact that if situations were reversed, and what's true of McCain, Mooselini and their families and their goings on were happening in the Obama clan, they would be judged much differently (i.e. more negatively and defintely more insulting!)

WTF is this? Fact? Based upon what?

Besides the entire list of specific examples laid out by the OP that you ignored?

Based upon what people who are in the majority (i.e. white) and honest with themselves have actually admitted to. On this board, no less.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I get what you're saying here, HWBL. But don't underestimate the amount of people who are looking at the ISSUES.

Keeping the race issue alive does nothing. It's insulting and negative.
    Going by the fact how many (Dems, especially) women are now
    considering to vote for Mooselini simply BECAUSE she is a woman
    gives me the feeling that we may be OVERestimating the number
    of people who look at the issues.....
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Bronze Member

I didn't ignore anything. I just don't agree with you. You're kinda pushy aren't ya?
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

Bronze Member

Okay Grimm, hang on. Just to please you (although I've no idea why), I'll go reread your dribble and then we'll discuss.

point by point. each one. refute them.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

America loves white people.

Bronze Member

White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay. -- so you're saying that Palin is responsible for blacks and latinos being "typified" in this manner? I don't recall her saying this. Or, maybe it's the Republicans who are to blame for this "typified" business?

White privilege is when you can call yourself a "fuckiní redneck," like Bristol Palinís boyfriend does, and talk about how if anyone messes with you, you'll "kick their fuckin' ass," and talk about how you like to "shoot shit" for fun, and still be viewed as a responsible, all-American boy (and a great son-in-law to be) rather than a thug. -- Okay, we all know black people call themselves a specific name, and latinos call themselves a name and how do you associate this with privilege? What privilege does she enjoy because she's pregnant and white? She's being raked over the coals for it. So far I see no privilege. Abortion is legal. She chose not to.

Okay, I am at work so it's coming in sections. You gnaw on this for awhile and then answer my question:

Since Obama is biracial (i.e. 50% white), exactly what white privileges can you attest to his success? I'LL WAIT.

Bronze Member

YES, SIR. RIGHT AWAY SIR!! Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Are you trying to imply that people's hypocrisy is about the fact that Obama is a Democrat and not a conservative Republican?

Maybe white privilige also includes being able to bullshit yourself and others that something insulting and negative simply "doesn't exist" or has "nothing to do with the issues" because it doesn't affect them or their chances in life, thus effectively blaming the victims (and their insulting negativity) for its continued existence.

People's hypocrisy (even if you want to delude yourself that it's all about being a conservative vs a liberal) is what's keeping the race issue alive, not the ones who are merely pointing it out.

Its a fact that if situations were reversed, and what's true of McCain, Mooselini and their families and their goings on were happening in the Obama clan, they would be judged much differently (i.e. more negatively and defintely more insulting!)

A white man with Obama's credentials vs a black candidate with McCain's (even without the outrageousness of a VP on the ticket like Palin and her Etruehollywoodstorydreamcometrue saga) this race wouldn't even be close. The white guy would be a shoe-in. Even if the black dude played the sax on MTV.
    Actually I believe that the fact that Obama is half black has helped him secure this nomination, given the amount of experience he has. I truly believe that a white guy with the same experience would not have gotten it. Same is true for Palin. She was picked because she is a woman - no other reason.

And before you anyone attacks me - I am supporting Obama because of where he stands on the issues. Not because he is black or white or a man or a woman.

God, you're cute. Wanna get married? Can you cook? Will you help me spawn my psychotic little minions?

Race, unfortunately, is a part of this race.

I assure you, if Obama had a teenage, unwed daughter who was pregnant, the republicans would play on ignorant stereotypes.

The issue at hand is that Palin stands for something that obviously does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Race, unfortunately, is a part of this race.

I assure you, if Obama had a teenage, unwed daughter who was pregnant, the republicans would play on ignorant stereotypes.
    Nah, you mean that the fundamentalists, the "drill baby drill" superpatriots, and the Rove minions would seize on that and play up the racial angle of an unwed pregnant teen daughter of a black candidate? Surely you jest. You should be ashamed of your cynicism to think such a thing, since race isn't an issue in this country and we've never seen anything like that happen to a candidate before.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay. -- so you're saying that Palin is responsible for blacks and latinos being "typified" in this manner? I don't recall her saying this. Or, maybe it's the Republicans who are to blame for this "typified" business?
    Did you even read what was said? Did you read who wrote it? You're responding to something without even reading it first. You obviously don't understand as a result. Grimm didn't write the piece. Neither did the person who actually wrote it say or infer that Palin was responsible for the stereotypes that exist.

White privilege is when you can call yourself a "fuckin’ redneck," like Bristol Palin’s boyfriend does, and talk about how if anyone messes with you, you'll "kick their fuckin' ass," and talk about how you like to "shoot shit" for fun, and still be viewed as a responsible, all-American boy (and a great son-in-law to be) rather than a thug. -- Okay, we all know black people call themselves a specific name, and latinos call themselves a name and how do you associate this with privilege? What privilege does she enjoy because she's pregnant and white? She's being raked over the coals for it. So far I see no privilege. Abortion is legal. She chose not to.
    Again, READ. You didn't even bother to try to see the author's point. Your response left out most of what the author was illustrating. Yes, some Blacks and Latinos "call themselves a specific name," but most do not also brag about kicking people fucking asses, nor do they say they like to shoot shit for fun, like how Bristol's BF was.

A TEENAGED BLACK MALE bragging about being a 'FUCKIN' N-----" who likes to "SHOOT SHIT" and "KICK PEOPLE'S FUCKIN' ASSES" would not, repeat, WOULD NOT BE SPECIALLY FLOWN OUT to APPEAR ONSTAGE as an ALL-AMERICAN TEEN from an ALL-AMERICAN FAMILY at the REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION WITH THE UNDERAGE TEEN HE IMPREGNANTED.

Would. Not. Happen.

Aw.

Can't do it eh.

Didn't think so.

Point proven.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information