Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White privilege, white entitlement, and the 2008 elections

I wonder if Jamie Lynn felt entitled when she got pregnant? I never heard her pregnancy called a blessing.

Bronze Member

Uhm, Obama is half white. So could you please explain to me which entitlements (that would translate to 50%) he can be accused of?
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

This is the difference between the conservatives and the liberals. Not between races.

Anything McCain/Palin does will be accepted by the Republicans and put down by the Democrats. The same is true of the opposite.

After watching Palin's interview and hearing idiots like Rush say she did a stellar job, I could only think that if it were a Democrat giving that interview, he would have crucified her. No matter what her color was.

Yes, there are differences in the way some people treat people of other races. But not every problem with the world can be laid on the feet of white privilege.

Bronze Member

FriendorFoe I agree with you. That was the point I was attempting to make, was that race is NOT the issue. It's disgusting that people are literally attempting to keep the race thing alive(even those who have no real stake in how the election turns out).

Who has the experience to lead the country? That's the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    Uhm, Obama is half white. So could you please explain to me which entitlements (that would translate to 50%) he can be accused of?
    The point is: based on how he LOOKS, do you think he's more perceived
    as a white man, or a black man? Racism is a gut reaction. You'd be amazed
    how many people still go by the 1 drop rule. Still many more go by first
    impressions.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Bronze Member

I get what you're saying here, HWBL. But don't underestimate the amount of people who are looking at the ISSUES.

Keeping the race issue alive does nothing. It's insulting and negative.

Good points you all make.

And the teen pregnancy thing is spot on.

White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay.

This pregnancy argument is total bullshit...

Any woman, regardless of her color, can get pregnant at whatever age she chooses and have the baby. That is her right...As long as they can take care of a child emotionally and financially ......every family does have challenges and they should deal with them.....

Supporting these children on public money is a crisis...If teens want to have babies and support them, or have their own families support them, that is their right.......

The other issue is that young girls are on their own without the baby's father quite often, an issue that has nothing to do with color. But even if this happens, family can still rally together and give the baby what it needs from a family

When we have teens getting pregnant and relying on government support, that's a separate issue and it's not about color, as more whites get public assistance than minorities

Have as many kids as you want and can pay for.....
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 16th, 2008 at 09:49 AM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I get what you're saying here, HWBL. But don't underestimate the amount of people who are looking at the ISSUES.

Keeping the race issue alive does nothing. It's insulting and negative.
    Are you trying to imply that people's hypocrisy is about the fact that Obama is a Democrat and not a conservative Republican?

Maybe white privilige also includes being able to bullshit yourself and others that something insulting and negative simply "doesn't exist" or has "nothing to do with the issues" because it doesn't affect them or their chances in life, thus effectively blaming the victims (and their insulting negativity) for its continued existence.

People's hypocrisy (even if you want to delude yourself that it's all about being a conservative vs a liberal) is what's keeping the race issue alive, not the ones who are merely pointing it out.

Its a fact that if situations were reversed, and what's true of McCain, Mooselini and their families and their goings on were happening in the Obama clan, they would be judged much differently (i.e. more negatively and defintely more insulting!)

A white man with Obama's credentials vs a black candidate with McCain's (even without the outrageousness of a VP on the ticket like Palin and her Etruehollywoodstorydreamcometrue saga) this race wouldn't even be close. The white guy would be a shoe-in. Even if the black dude played the sax on MTV.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Mrs. Dark: I don't recall attacking you, but if you want to fight, bring it on.

What I'm getting from your post which seems to be directed solely at me is that you need more fiber.

Bronze Member

And further:

Its a fact that if situations were reversed, and what's true of McCain, Mooselini and their families and their goings on were happening in the Obama clan, they would be judged much differently (i.e. more negatively and defintely more insulting!)

WTF is this? Fact? Based upon what?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay.
    This pregnancy argument is total bullshit...

Any woman, regardless of her color, can get pregnant at whatever age she chooses and have the baby. That is her right...As long as they can take care of a child emotionally and financially ......every family does have challenges and they should deal with them.....

Supporting these children on public money is a crisis...If teens want to have babies and support them, or have their own families support them, that is their right.......

The other issue is that young girls are on their own without the baby's father quite often, an issue that has nothing to do with color. But even if this happens, family can still rally together and give the baby what it needs from a family

When we have teens getting pregnant and relying on government support, that's a separate issue and it's not about color, as more whites get public assistance than minorities

Have as many kids as you want and can pay for.....
    And yet there are many like Sarah Palin that don't believe that women or girls who can't afford to have baby (or babies) what they need should have them anyway. Palin herself would not publicly support sex education programs that were not abstinence only. That only helps to create situations where teenagers are having kids that they're not prepared for.

What I'm getting from your post which seems to be directed solely at me is that you need more fiber.
    OMG, that's good stuff.

Mrs. Dark wasn't itching to fight anyone, and I believe when she used "bullshit yourselves" it was meant in a general sense rather than directly at you.

As far as "bringing it on," if you're not afraid to "fight," why don't you actually try to refute her points on the issues and bring some evidence rather than deflect to a non-sequitur about fiber intake?

Jesus H. Christmas...I know some people on here (no names) who do seem to get irritated by anything I post but this is actually....hilarious.

If I poot in yer general direction will you be convinced of my adequate fiber intake?

Or do you have something to say about the issues, instead of being so negative and insulting?

(Psst...BTW, the race issue still exists)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information