Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Thread: White privilege, white entitlement, and the 2008 elections

  1. #16
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    I wonder if Jamie Lynn felt entitled when she got pregnant? I never heard her pregnancy called a blessing.

  2. #17
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Uhm, Obama is half white. So could you please explain to me which entitlements (that would translate to 50%) he can be accused of?
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

  3. #18
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    This is the difference between the conservatives and the liberals. Not between races.

    Anything McCain/Palin does will be accepted by the Republicans and put down by the Democrats. The same is true of the opposite.

    After watching Palin's interview and hearing idiots like Rush say she did a stellar job, I could only think that if it were a Democrat giving that interview, he would have crucified her. No matter what her color was.

    Yes, there are differences in the way some people treat people of other races. But not every problem with the world can be laid on the feet of white privilege.

  4. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    96

    Default

    FriendorFoe I agree with you. That was the point I was attempting to make, was that race is NOT the issue. It's disgusting that people are literally attempting to keep the race thing alive(even those who have no real stake in how the election turns out).

    Who has the experience to lead the country? That's the bottom line.
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

  5. #20
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    Uhm, Obama is half white. So could you please explain to me which entitlements (that would translate to 50%) he can be accused of?
    The point is: based on how he LOOKS, do you think he's more perceived
    as a white man, or a black man? Racism is a gut reaction. You'd be amazed
    how many people still go by the 1 drop rule. Still many more go by first
    impressions.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  6. #21
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    96

    Default

    I get what you're saying here, HWBL. But don't underestimate the amount of people who are looking at the ISSUES.

    Keeping the race issue alive does nothing. It's insulting and negative.
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

  7. #22
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Good points you all make.

    And the teen pregnancy thing is spot on.

  8. #23
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,704

    Default

    White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay.




    This pregnancy argument is total bullshit...

    Any woman, regardless of her color, can get pregnant at whatever age she chooses and have the baby. That is her right...As long as they can take care of a child emotionally and financially ......every family does have challenges and they should deal with them.....


    Supporting these children on public money is a crisis...If teens want to have babies and support them, or have their own families support them, that is their right.......

    The other issue is that young girls are on their own without the baby's father quite often, an issue that has nothing to do with color. But even if this happens, family can still rally together and give the baby what it needs from a family

    When we have teens getting pregnant and relying on government support, that's a separate issue and it's not about color, as more whites get public assistance than minorities


    Have as many kids as you want and can pay for.....
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 16th, 2008 at 09:49 AM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  9. #24
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    I get what you're saying here, HWBL. But don't underestimate the amount of people who are looking at the ISSUES.

    Keeping the race issue alive does nothing. It's insulting and negative.
    Are you trying to imply that people's hypocrisy is about the fact that Obama is a Democrat and not a conservative Republican?

    Maybe white privilige also includes being able to bullshit yourself and others that something insulting and negative simply "doesn't exist" or has "nothing to do with the issues" because it doesn't affect them or their chances in life, thus effectively blaming the victims (and their insulting negativity) for its continued existence.

    People's hypocrisy (even if you want to delude yourself that it's all about being a conservative vs a liberal) is what's keeping the race issue alive, not the ones who are merely pointing it out.

    Its a fact that if situations were reversed, and what's true of McCain, Mooselini and their families and their goings on were happening in the Obama clan, they would be judged much differently (i.e. more negatively and defintely more insulting!)

    A white man with Obama's credentials vs a black candidate with McCain's (even without the outrageousness of a VP on the ticket like Palin and her Etruehollywoodstorydreamcometrue saga) this race wouldn't even be close. The white guy would be a shoe-in. Even if the black dude played the sax on MTV.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #25
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Mrs. Dark: I don't recall attacking you, but if you want to fight, bring it on.

    What I'm getting from your post which seems to be directed solely at me is that you need more fiber.
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

  11. #26
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    96

    Default

    And further:


    Its a fact that if situations were reversed, and what's true of McCain, Mooselini and their families and their goings on were happening in the Obama clan, they would be judged much differently (i.e. more negatively and defintely more insulting!)


    WTF is this? Fact? Based upon what?


    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay.
    This pregnancy argument is total bullshit...

    Any woman, regardless of her color, can get pregnant at whatever age she chooses and have the baby. That is her right...As long as they can take care of a child emotionally and financially ......every family does have challenges and they should deal with them.....

    Supporting these children on public money is a crisis...If teens want to have babies and support them, or have their own families support them, that is their right.......

    The other issue is that young girls are on their own without the baby's father quite often, an issue that has nothing to do with color. But even if this happens, family can still rally together and give the baby what it needs from a family

    When we have teens getting pregnant and relying on government support, that's a separate issue and it's not about color, as more whites get public assistance than minorities

    Have as many kids as you want and can pay for.....
    And yet there are many like Sarah Palin that don't believe that women or girls who can't afford to have baby (or babies) what they need should have them anyway. Palin herself would not publicly support sex education programs that were not abstinence only. That only helps to create situations where teenagers are having kids that they're not prepared for.

  13. #28
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    Mrs. Dark: I don't recall attacking you, but if you want to fight, bring it on.

    What I'm getting from your post which seems to be directed solely at me is that you need more fiber.
    OMG, that's good stuff.

  14. #29
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    Mrs. Dark: I don't recall attacking you, but if you want to fight, bring it on.

    What I'm getting from your post which seems to be directed solely at me is that you need more fiber.
    Mrs. Dark wasn't itching to fight anyone, and I believe when she used "bullshit yourselves" it was meant in a general sense rather than directly at you.

    As far as "bringing it on," if you're not afraid to "fight," why don't you actually try to refute her points on the issues and bring some evidence rather than deflect to a non-sequitur about fiber intake?

  15. #30
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,977

    Default

    Jesus H. Christmas...I know some people on here (no names) who do seem to get irritated by anything I post but this is actually....hilarious.

    If I poot in yer general direction will you be convinced of my adequate fiber intake?

    Or do you have something to say about the issues, instead of being so negative and insulting?

    (Psst...BTW, the race issue still exists)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Beyonce Knowles: white on white skinny jeans
    By olivia720 in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
  2. White House, Pentagon cite executive privilege to hold up documents on Pat Tillman
    By Born In A Brothel in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 19th, 2007, 11:18 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 5th, 2007, 02:51 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: November 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 8th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •