Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What will really happen now?

What will happen to credit unions? Will they be affected as well?

Credit Unions are insured by the NCUA, which is government backed just like the FDIC. Since credit unions tend to be community organizations and self-sufficient, they will take a hit, but its unlikely there will be mass fail like regular banks.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMFG y'all at exactly 2:42 PM we should all run to our banks and take out very large sums! You know just to be safe; anyone here read The Creature From Jekyll Island? Enlightening.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Can I ask a stupid question? What do you plan to do with this cash?

Other than stuff like groceries, gas, and other stuff I buy at stores, I can't pay my bills with cash. The local offices for most of the businesses that make up my monthly expenses don't handle billing, and those that do, won't accept cash. So, for me at least, the cash would only be useful for small stuff and having it around would just make it more likely that I would spend it all at once or it would be stolen or burn up in a fire.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

What's frustrating is that even if you do everything right and by the book, you can still take a hit. They are saying that credit card companies are going to start reducing peoples credit lines. So, even if you aren't maxed out, your FICO score will take a hit when they lower your available credit.

That just sucks!!! I've worked hard my whole life to build good credit and if this happens, I will be pissed. According to Suze Ormand, there is next to nothing we can do about it.

This is why I don't have a bank account, a credit card or anything else that takes my hard earned money.

I am a sock stuffer too.

How can you make any major purchases (or even small ones like cellphone plans) without a credit history?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I have a coworker out today with a migraine that's lasted for 2 days. If I had to guess, I'd say she's at home looking through her bills. She's probably 80-90 K in debt and lives on fucking credit cards. House too big, no kids, just LIVES on credit cards even though she and her husband both work. I'm more of a "if I don't have the cash to get it, I don't need it" kinda gal. I have no credit cards, I have a debit card from my bank, but that's it. Time to tighten the belts, folks.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I have no credit cards either. The only thing I have is a debit card and that's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    How can you make any major purchases (or even small ones like cellphone plans) without a credit history?
    I don't have a cellphone and don't want one. Should I ever want one though I can get a pre-paid.

House - it's owner financed.

Car - Just paid off, plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

Other stuff - If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it.

My husband on the other hand has a bank account and PERFECT credit, so he can do whatever he wants. I just choose to live the old fashion way. I do not trust anyone with my money. Those damn debit cards are going to put people in a bad way one day. What if something major happens, power goes out, or what-not, they won't be able to get any cash out. I won't take that chance. Plus, I don't like to pay people to hold my money. That's why I closed my account to begin with, the bank kept increasing monthly fees.

A lot of people around me have closed their bank accounts which is going to affect everyone else. I agree with the 3 months but not the whole balance. Our banks are definitely going to close if this continues.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

This is all a tempest in a pot of tea! It actually brings to mind the Great Computer Crash of 2000-the one that never happened??? When we weren't going to have electricity or water or anything else for weeks? Calm down ,people! Check your bank out (do NOT ask them) yourself at this website & relax!!
    www.myfdicinsurance.gov

We are going to have to behave ourselves-that's all.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quick, everyone put their underwear on their heads.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

On my head? What if I ate them? Fuck. We're all screwed, we're all gonna die, where the fuck is a high rise window to jump out of when you need one?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

McJag you reminded me of this silly show on discovery I think around the time of Y2K and it is this horrid film of a toaster or waffle maker going ape shit and the voice over says "And one day the machines will decide they don't like you anymore" I've now changed it to be roving ATM machines attacking people.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; September 30th, 2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: McJag made me think...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information