Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s happened to the John McCain we knew?

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Well, McCain lost my vote once and forever with the Palin pick. I'm an Independent. I was pretty satisfied with voting for Obama at the time, although I still had questions. But once the Palin pick was revealed, I knew that I would vote Obama come hell or high water. I know plenty of Independents just like me, which is unfortunate for McCain - if he had made a wiser choice he might still have some Independent votes coming his way. Shame, he was polling so well with the Independents during the primaries, and thats the group who will probably decide this election.
    I, too, am an Independent and was originally a Hillary supporter. After Hillary was not an option, I was pretty much set for Obama although I too had some questions, and when I saw what an intelligent choice he made with Biden, and what a poor choice McCain made with Palin, it confirmed my decision. I actually liked John McCain years ago and might have even voted for him then. I can't believe it's the same person.

I used to be a McCain supporter too. I voted for him when I lived in Arizona. Not so much that I truly believed in everything he said, but more that his opponent (whose name I can't remember at the moment) was purely unacceptable.

I soured on McCain over the past 8 years since he's been such a Bush ass-kisser. Also because he has flip-flopped over the illegal immigrant issue so much that I have no idea where he stands on it anymore.

Much to the chagrin of this board, I was still considering him for this election until the RNC when he picked Palin for VP. That is completely unacceptable to me and solidified my decision to vote for Obama.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think Obama is the messiah, I don't like the idea of one one party controlling all three executive branches, I just believe that's inherently unbalanced and dangerous.

I'm behind Obama simply because out of everyone who was in this race, he appears to be my best option. I hope he lives up to my expectations.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information