Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What mulattos think of Barack Obama

This discussion brings up interesting points. Though I've referred to Barrack as becoming the first Black president in the history of the U.S., as he has Black ancestry and looks Black, I think his mixed ancestry is also what makes him so compelling and by default someone who can understand what it is like to be an "everything" American that represents all colors and ethnicities. So sometimes I feel guilty and I don't want to totally deny that aspect of him.

^I agree, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. He comes from a very multicultural background that I feel the universal appeal that he has reached is understandable.

Of course the detractors will just say we're all sheep

Silver Member

The term mulatto used to be used here often in Louisiana. In fact, Louisiana was even weirder about race than the rest of the country. We have mulattos, quadroons, creoles, cajuns, free people of color, mulungens, red bones, etc... I have a feeling that I am probably a mix of all of that, although, my family has been considered white for generations. The older generation of my mom's family was touchy about there being any "black" blood involved. Meh, whoever got me here I am thankful whoever they were.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

You realize, of course, that McCain has black relatives. I'll find the article about it. It goes back to the plantation/slave days. There are a number of McCains out there that are black and related to him and have proved it. He doesn't mix with them.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I despise the word mulatto, and I'm not one to get all bent about things like that.
    Same here. What are we back on the plantation? Mulatto??

And we can all talk about Obama's mixed heritage, but since this is America he's looked at as 'black.' It goes back to that stupid 'one drop rule.'

But I think the fact that he is mixed has only helped Obama. I think those people who may have an issue with him may feel a little more comfortable knowing that he's half white. It's stupid, but that's America.

I am a bit disappointed in it. I think Mr. Obama could do such much in favor of mixed raced people and even more those who are mixed raced with black. Though sometimes I’m astonished that some would not know he is a mulatto or mixed raced. He has referred to his white mother before, and its been mentioned in articles, how he is the relative of white slaveowners. It even came out that he is distantly related to Dick Cheney and the Bush family. Though it would be nice if for once we could read First Mulatto President.
    WTF? Just about every black person in this country is the relative of a white slave owner. Hell, my great-great grandfather was white and my great-great grandmother was his slave, then his housekeeper and then he married her. What's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The comments in that post are from ignorant. Under laws, regardless of how archaic, Obama is black. He is more than 1/32 black, which means he is legally black.
    Seriously?! That's actual the legal definition of "black" in the US? How... imprecise, to say the least. Sheesh, going by that definition, I'm simultaneously Welsh, Irish, Italian, Jewish and Polish, of Aussie birth. Wow. I felt like a mutt before, but that's just damn confusing!

Racial grouping is bullshit. The world isn't just black or white, and neither are people. It's not something to get hung up about - society shouldn't be so obsessive about trying to slot people neatly into categories. Personally, I'm an enthusiastic believer in miscegenation.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

WTF? Just about every black person in this country is the relative of a white slave owner. Hell, my great-great grandfather was white and my great-great grandmother was his slave, then his housekeeper and then he married her. What's the big deal?
    Oh,King! That is so sweet-can you imagine how much he loved that woman to insist on marrying her in that day and time. You came from a couple who refused to cave from public opinion! Strong willed-just like you.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

FYI...Mulattos is NOT an acceptable word in present time. Christ you might as well call him "COLORED"
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh,King! That is so sweet-can you imagine how much he loved that woman to insist on marrying her in that day and time. You came from a couple who refused to cave from public opinion! Strong willed-just like you.
    Thanks, McJag. Actually I'm still trying to figure out how they pulled off getting married back then.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Seriously?! That's actual the legal definition of "black" in the US? How... imprecise, to say the least. Sheesh, going by that definition, I'm simultaneously Welsh, Irish, Italian, Jewish and Polish, of Aussie birth. Wow. I felt like a mutt before, but that's just damn confusing!

Racial grouping is bullshit. The world isn't just black or white, and neither are people. It's not something to get hung up about - society shouldn't be so obsessive about trying to slot people neatly into categories. Personally, I'm an enthusiastic believer in miscegenation.
    ITA. We are all members of the same race, the human race. Besides, in the summer, I see "whites" darker than I am. Who gives a damn about the color of skin? The world has real issues to deal with, like will we be living in caves and hunting squirrels in the next four years due to the economy imploding.

To quote a Big Pun song,"I love from butter pecan to blackberry molasses..." If he's fine, he's mine!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Thanks, McJag. Actually I'm still trying to figure out how they pulled off getting married back then.
    My British great-grandmother married my Creole/Native American, under laws in the area, black great grandfather in the late 1800's. I still have no idea how they did it.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

When my sister and I were first discussing the election and what not we would use our crazy hick/valley girl voices and I said "So like OMG are you gonna vote for that blackish guy or what?!?!?! Dude, a blackish man will be president before a woman."
    It's crazy how much importance is being placed on skin color and gender.

Weren't there crazy klan members saying they would vote for Obama before Hillary? Where are they now bitching about Palin? Why hasn't the issue been brought up that not only is she retarded but the owner of a vagina?
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; October 23rd, 2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: thinking...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    When my sister and I were first discussing the election and what not we would use our crazy hick/valley girl voices and I said "So like OMG are you gonna vote for that blackish guy or what?!?!?! Dude, a blackish man will be president before a woman."
    It's not surprising though. When you consider that all of our presidents have been white males the possibility of changing that status quo gets a lot of attention. Although whether Obama wins or not, the idea of a person of color being president won't be so strange. And after Hillary's run in the primaries the thought of a woman being president won't be so strange. Both Obama and Hillary broke down a LOT of barriers this year.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Okay, then I blame Hillary for Palin.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I thought everybody was blaming Obama for Palin since he didn't pick Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post

Keep in mind that our government has named all Spanish speaking people as a race (Hispanic) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    FYI...Mulattos is NOT an acceptable word in present time. Christ you might as well call him "COLORED"
    If by you I hope you're not referring to me, by the way. The members of that forum I posted apparently are fine with calling themselves mulattos, which is probably why they're so psychologically messed up that would dislike Obama if he doesn't refer to himself as the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post

Weren't there crazy klan members saying they would vote for Obama before Hillary? Where are they now bitching about Palin? Why hasn't the issue been brought up that not only is she retarded but the owner of a vagina?
    LOL that was a spoof article from The Onion. It wasn't real.
    Last edited by Tati; October 24th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information