Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What makes people vote Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    Also off topic: Obama fucked up by not picking Hillary for VP, I don't care what anybody says.

Totally agree! This shows Obama's inexperience and vanity. I think Hillary was the better candidate for the party. If the dems lose another one it is because they choose candidates that are too liberal and considered far left, than those that are more towards the middle and moderate. Why do you think Bill Clinton served two terms? He was a moderate.[/quote]

...Um, what? Vanity? Are you serious? Dude. If he were being super vain about it, he'd be the president AND vice president.

Seriously. You conservatives/Hillbots are running out of ammo. The Hill lost. Get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Right or wrong, there is still the perception that Democrats are:

Soft on crime, making excuses for criminals and giving lenient sentences
    I've never understood this one. There is quite a bit of information out there on crime stats via the US Department of Justice Website. Here are a few pieces of info on homicide...

• The homicide rate nearly doubled from the mid 1960's to the late 1970's.
    • In 1980, it peaked at 10.2 per 100,000 population and subsequently fell off to 7.9 per 100,000 in 1984.
    • It rose again in the late 1980's and early 1990's to another peak in 1991 of 9.8 per 100,000.
    • From 1992 to 2000, the rate declined sharply. Since then, the rate has been stable.
    I would imagine that crime rates have more to do with economic conditions than who is President (although people tend to do better financially under Democrats than Republicans anyway).

Enablers....want to make working people pay more taxes to support lazy people who have a dozen kids as well as drug and alcohol addictions
    Again, not sure there is any evidence to support this. When people are doing better economically, they probably don't rely as much on the government. In fact, it was Bill Clinton who reformed welfare wasn't it?

Morally ambiguous, as in no one is right and no one is wrong...overly tolerant of bad behavior and making excuses for it
    Who gets to decide what is moral behavior? I find lying to get us into a war morally reprehensible on a greater scale than getting a blow job in office.

Unpatriotic: for whatever reason, Repubs make people feel like they are part of a winning team that is fighting the good cause while Dems always seem to be the ones bitching about everything that is wrong...they are the ones always talking about how America sucks, Americans are stupid, racist, whatever...many people don't like their country being badmouthed
    Well our founding fathers would roll over in their graves if they heard this one. They were by very definition fighters who wanted better lives. That's what we as Democrats want. Do you think we're doing well now?

IMO, Republicans are afraid of change. They will do anything to keep things from moving forward. Why do you think large cities are traditionally liberal? Because that is where opportunity is. It's where things are moving and shaking and propelling forward. Companies may move to smaller towns because labor is cheaper, but change is happening in the cities.

I'm not saying I agree with all of this and we could just as easily come up with a list of Republican stereotypes, but that isn't the topic. I am not trying to start a fight between anybody here, I was just stating my observations based on the 'perceptions' many people (especially blue collar/small town Americans) have about the dems, right or wrong.
    Just because someone perceives something doesn't make it true. I try to remind myself of that and then back myself up with facts to support it.

...Um, what? Vanity? Are you serious? Dude. If he were being super vain about it, he'd be the president AND vice president.

Seriously. You conservatives/Hillbots are running out of ammo. The Hill lost. Get the fuck over it.[/quote]

Sorry I didn't know that someone could run for VP and President. I don't know what country you live in. It was a slam dunk for Obama if he would have chosen Hillary, but you
    libs might have to accept the fact that your candidate doesn't alway make the wisest decisions.

By the way where in the hell is Biden haven't heard or seen him lately?
    Last edited by tamjo54; September 17th, 2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: didn't edit text before posting

Seriously. You conservatives/Hillbots are running out of ammo. The Hill lost. Get the fuck over it.

Sorry I didn't know that someone could run for VP and President. I don't know what country you live in. It was a slam dunk for Obama if he would have chosen Hillary, but you
    libs might have to accept the fact that your candidate doesn't alway make the wisest decisions.

Again, if Hillary was VP, then people would always question whether or not Bill was running things from behind the scenes when Obama was president. Companies don't keep CEOs from ten years hanging around after they've retired for the same reason--not to create confusion of who is in charge.

Wow, you're an idiot if you can't detect even the slightest hint of sarcasm, over the internet. -_-;

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Just because someone perceives something doesn't make it true. I try to remind myself of that and then back myself up with facts to support it.
    You do understand I wasn't stating these things as facts, only that they are prevalent perceptions, right? Real or not doesn't have much to do with it. Perception is reality for most people.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

um, when did we start referring to Hillary Clinton as "The Hill" ? LOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    um, when did we start referring to Hillary Clinton as "The Hill" ? LOL

Since the lack of brainpower in the Conservative side decided to call her that. If you're going to give someone a nickname it should at least have the virtue of being clever, i.e. 'McSame' or 'Mooselini' or "Al Bore" or "Herman 'Kerry' Munster"

I have figured out the answer to the thread title:

"Brain Damage"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I've heard 'Oblahma' a few times myself. At least McSame is kind of catchy. I can't see that ever catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    I've heard 'Oblahma' a few times myself. At least McSame is kind of catchy. I can't see that ever catching on.
    Yea and just b/c I haven't heard of Barbie or Moosilini to refer to Palin doesn't mean dick.... that is something the media is enabling.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

You must lead a very isolated coddled existence because she's been referred to as a 'Barbie' all over the place, mainstream media, general public, whatever. It's hardly original. I like to call her 'Hitler Barbie' for her viewpoint that Jews caused 9/11 by not believing in her carpenter son of God.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information