Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if the whole world could vote?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I genuinely don't know, are we a part of the rest of the worlds government, or what?
    Officially, we aren't legally part of the rest of the world's governments. Unofficially, we do tend to 'manipulate' some of those governments.

Thanks, King.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    oh no, of course not, the US involved in other countries' choice of government, or regime change? never.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    We're talking about our propensity to invade other nations to shape their political future to suit our needs (cough cough Iraq cough cough).
    Someone I was debating completely denied that our image has tarnashed since the Iraq war. Let me go dig that up...

edit. found it!

Yeah, we kind of do that since we have a long history of sacrificing OUR young men to keep them free and prosperous. They complain but take our money without looking back. They like to "hate us" but they do everything possible to sneak or con their way in across our borders to get a piece of our "American Dream".

There has been no difference in the world's attitude about the U.S. since we liberated the Iraqi and Afghanisti people. It is only in the minds and propaganda of the extremists and long time sworn enemies who would love to take every iota of freedom you have and shove it down your throat. Accepting the words of those who would kill you in an instant because you don't bow before their leaders and violent religions shows you really don't understand what this country stands for and has always represented to the world.
    Last edited by bychance; October 25th, 2008 at 10:58 PM.

^^ Were you chatting with Sarah Palin perhaps? Sounds like this person hasn't been out of the country either. There is definitely hatred for our strongarm tactics out there, but I think that many pity us and are simply befuddled that we ever elected Bush (and twice no less) and that we would compound that utter stupidity by putting McCain and Palin in office.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Thanks, King.
    No problem, Nicole. Anytime.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Ummm, because of our inate stupidity, underlying racism and clearly showing a lack of thought, we could end up with Palin as the 2d in command and McCain at the helm. I was being tongue in cheek.
    This

Yeah, we kind of do that since we have a long history of sacrificing OUR young men to keep them free and prosperous. They complain but take our money without looking back. They like to "hate us" but they do everything possible to sneak or con their way in across our borders to get a piece of our "American Dream".

There has been no difference in the world's attitude about the U.S. since we liberated the Iraqi and Afghanisti people...
    Wow. Idiot. Do you think he even knows that the US isn't the only country that participated in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?!

The rest of the world's problems with the US involves a lot more than just the War on Terror. Otherwise, no one in the UK, Australia, Denmark, Poland, etc would have a single complaint about the US, because we all (unfortunately) "sacrificed OUR young men" (and women) in those stupid wars, too!

Ugh. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a douchebag American prancing about and carrying on as if the United States single-handedly won WWII, and fought alone in Vietnam, Korea, the Gulf War and the War on Terror. Either he's completely bloody ignorant and uneducated, or an arrogant, disrespectful, conceited pig! American Dream my ass... yeah, it's totally my dream never to own a house, to be too poor for university and to go without medical care because I can't afford it, I so want a piece of that. I've always wanted to be stuck with a minimum wage that's about 50 percent less than the minimum wage we get here in Australia!

*deep breaths*

I'm okay now.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

If the world could vote?

Latest results.....89% Obama.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Wow. Idiot. Do you think he even knows that the US isn't the only country that participated in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?!

The rest of the world's problems with the US involves a lot more than just the War on Terror. Otherwise, no one in the UK, Australia, Denmark, Poland, etc would have a single complaint about the US, because we all (unfortunately) "sacrificed OUR young men" (and women) in those stupid wars, too!

Ugh. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a douchebag American prancing about and carrying on as if the United States single-handedly won WWII, and fought alone in Vietnam, Korea, the Gulf War and the War on Terror. Either he's completely bloody ignorant and uneducated, or an arrogant, disrespectful, conceited pig! American Dream my ass... yeah, it's totally my dream never to own a house, to be too poor for university and to go without medical care because I can't afford it, I so want a piece of that. I've always wanted to be stuck with a minimum wage that's about 50 percent less than the minimum wage we get here in Australia!

*deep breaths*

I'm okay now.
    Not to get all religious or anything, but, AMEN!! Don't even get me started on minimum wage...I'm liable to implode!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I just voted for Obama. That felt good. Woot!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

^^Ditto
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, I'm watching the results in Oz and so many channels have suspended regular programming (hurrah! no St. Oprah!) and are carrying various American network coverage. It's almost like being in the states: in addition to the usual suspects of CNN, BBC, Faux, etc. I've got ABC, NBC, CBS....I'm spoiled for choice and am wearing out my finger madly switching channels. I think it's something like 91% of Aussies want Obama to win.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information