Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Barack Obama thinks of white people

^^ Dont forget the sexism

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    if he's a racist is open to debate...

but this statement proves he's an calculating asshole in his personal life:

“To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

I chose my friends based on the type of people they are......not so no one would mistake me for a sell out.......don't live life based on what others might think
    Obama's book talks about how stupid he was when he was younger (teens and twenties, not like when Dubya had his 'youthful indiscretions' in his FORTIES). He is the one who says his actions were stupid and selfish. At least he recognized it, admitted it, and did something about it instead of never admitting any faults, never considering other views, never learning from one's own mistakes. He's specifically talking about how stupid it was for people to act like that.

I'm surprised you would take this out of context after all your advocacy of fairness and not jumping to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I highly doubt if BO was Asian, Mexican, Native American or Middle Eastern that the so called 'black vote' would be anywhere near as enthusiastic about his candidacy. I mean really, if his name was Chow Yung Fat, or Manuel de Jesus Gonzalez, do you really think he would have won those southern primaries? This was what Geraldine Ferraro was talking about when she said BO wouldn't have gotten this far if he wasn't black. I understand that people want to vote for someone 'like them' because they think it will improve their lot in life. But I dont think it should be the driving factor, which it appears to be. That being said...ANYONE would be better than McCain/Palin.
    So, is that why you voted for Hillary, because she's 'like you' and you think that it would 'improve your lot in life?' Since, apparently, you think that's why any black person backing Obama is supporting him.

And if Ferraro's theory was right, then both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, would have won as many primaries as Obama and become the Democratic nominees, right? Oh wait. Neither Jesse or Al got even half of the black support that Obama got. In fact, Bill Clinton got more black voter support than either Jesse or Sharpton. And the truth of the matter is most black voters were backing Hillary early on, myself included, and then began shifting to Obama after he won Iowa.

I read the quotes, and then I read the quotes in context. Clearly he is relaying the inner turmoil he felt about being mixed race; of being black and white and how he identified with that, and also how he dealt with racism and the way he started to see things in a racial way.
    ssabmud

doesnt matter what he says cause it seems that whatever he does its fine and dandy. but i wouldnt vote for him and has nothing to do with color.

It does matter what he says, he's running for president. It also matters that the voters actually know what he really said before voting.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

he's gonna rock as president! i cant fucking wait for this shit to end!!! i will cry when he's sworn in i swear to gawd. 8 years of torture and fuckery are gonna be finally over!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So, is that why you voted for Hillary, because she's 'like you' and you think that it would 'improve your lot in life?' Since, apparently, you think that's why any black person backing Obama is supporting him.

And if Ferraro's theory was right, then both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, would have won as many primaries as Obama and become the Democratic nominees, right? Oh wait. Neither Jesse or Al got even half of the black support that Obama got. In fact, Bill Clinton got more black voter support than either Jesse or Sharpton. And the truth of the matter is most black voters were backing Hillary early on, myself included, and then began shifting to Obama after he won Iowa.
    Well Kingkap, if the nation - as in the entire population - is tied 45% McCain and 45% Obama and the African american vote is 93% Obama 3% Mc Cain (MSNBC during the primaries) how else would one account for it? As for HRC, she lives in Chappaqua, the next town over from us and I have met her in town several times as well as having heard both President and Senator Clinton speak in person. Each time she impressed me both from a prepared and intelligent perspective. She has always had detailed and specific plans for how she would have fixed some of the problems in our country. Something I think the candidate has cruised past up till now. As well as the fact that she had been in office as my Senator for 10 years and had done a wonderful job for our State. As far as you shifting to Obama after Iowa, dont you really mean after Obama called President Clinton a racist? Because before that moment the black vote was pretty well a done deal for HRC. President Clinton was a good friend to the black comunity and I'm sure it burned him to be treated like that. I am curious as to whether you have ever met Barack Obama or heard him speak in person? Is he your Senator? You certainly seem to be a true beleiver. I would like to be believe me. I have voted the straight democratic ticket my entire adult life (since Reagan the first time). I will pull the lever for Obama because the alternative is unthinkable. But when I watch him make beginner mistakes I cant help but think, well, I didn't pick him but it's him or the devil....you know?

Well Kingkap, if the nation - as in the entire population - is tied 45% McCain and 45% Obama and the African american vote is 93% Obama 3% Mc Cain (MSNBC during the primaries) how else would one account for it? As for HRC, she lives in Chappaqua, the next town over from us and I have met her in town several times as well as having heard both President and Senator Clinton speak in person. Each time she impressed me both from a prepared and intelligent perspective. She has always had detailed and specific plans for how she would have fixed some of the problems in our country. Something I think the candidate has cruised past up till now. As well as the fact that she had been in office as my Senator for 10 years and had done a wonderful job for our State. As far as you shifting to Obama after Iowa, dont you really mean after Obama called President Clinton a racist? Because before that moment the black vote was pretty well a done deal for HRC. President Clinton was a good friend to the black comunity and I'm sure it burned him to be treated like that. I am curious as to whether you have ever met Barack Obama or heard him speak in person? Is he your Senator? You certainly seem to be a true beleiver. I would like to be believe me. I have voted the straight democratic ticket my entire adult life (since Reagan the first time). I will pull the lever for Obama because the alternative is unthinkable. But when I watch him make beginner mistakes I cant help but think, well, I didn't pick him but it's him or the devil....you know?
    Scooter, you need to take into account that out of over 300 million people in America, the black population is around 30 million or so. So, if only black people were voting for Obama it wouldn't be NEARLY enough for him to win the nomination or the presidency. There is a reason why black people are considered a 'minority group.'

By the way, Hillary hasn't been a senator for 10 years, more like six or seven. Maybe, as a 'true believer in Hillary', you should know how long she's actually been in public office. Maybe you should've asked Hillary when you heard her speak.

And no I haven't seen or heard Obama in person, but then I voted for Bill Clinton twice and hadn't seen or heard him in person either. I didn't know that was now a prerequisite for voting for a candidate? And I'm amazed how you think that you know the precise moment and reason why I shifted to backing Obama, despite not knowing me at all. Your PUMA powers of observation are astounding.

God, my head hurts now.

Elite Member

Well, lets do the math. Do you happen to remember the brouhaha that the sitting first lady was running for office? W has been in 8 years. Hillary was elected to the Senate at the end of her husband's term. So does that not make it 8-9 years at minimum?

... why are people still talking about hillary?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well, lets do the math. Do you happen to remember the brouhaha that the sitting first lady was running for office? W has been in 8 years. Hillary was elected to the Senate at the end of her husband's term. So does that not make it 8-9 years at minimum?
    Hillary was elected to the Senate in November of 2000. Sworn in and began her first term in January of 2001. So that would put Hillary at just under 8 years in the Senate. It'll be a full 8 years in January.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

I highly doubt if BO was Asian, Mexican, Native American or Middle Eastern that the so called 'black vote' would be anywhere near as enthusiastic about his candidacy. I mean really, if his name was Chow Yung Fat, or Manuel de Jesus Gonzalez, do you really think he would have won those southern primaries? This was what Geraldine Ferraro was talking about when she said BO wouldn't have gotten this far if he wasn't black. I understand that people want to vote for someone 'like them' because they think it will improve their lot in life. But I dont think it should be the driving factor, which it appears to be. That being said...ANYONE would be better than McCain/Palin.
    I get what you're saying and yeah, it's not fair. But no one, not even the Bible, says that life is fair. It is pretty unfair most of the time.

Obama wasn't my original first choice and I know he's not your original first choice, but I think we have to focus on the part I've highlighted. We gotta suck it up, move on and make sure that that twosome does not get elected. The results for this nation would be disastrous.

I plan on going to one of the inaugural events, by hook, crook, location, circumstance or whatever. It's going to be a historic moment, one that I plan on telling my grandkids about, the first president NOT an old white man.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    we're all biracial and we're all racist!

NEXT!
    I'm triracial and am totally racist, but only against one race, which is the human race as a whole.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i dunno what i am................i dont really believe in races either. cuz im a scientist!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information