Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'We're gonna frickin' lose this thing'

^

So true...

Hit By Ban Bus!

OBAMA IS BEING TOO POLITE

He is going to have to get off his ass and FIGHT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. SCREW THIS SHIT OF BIPARTISAN HEARTS AND FLOWERS. REPUBLICANS DON"T PLAY THAT. THEY GO FOR THE JUGULAR EVERY TIME AND THEY'VE GOT THE PRESS ON THEIR SIDE.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATTACK ATTACK ATTAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Is this thread to make predictions?

New Congress elects Obama, McCain and RNC cry "foul" but the Supremes finally do the right thing and stay out of it.

Hilary didn't get the bid so that made the whole women's vote thing fly out the window for the Dems would would actually factor that into who they would vote for. Couple that with the ignorant racism that factors into a lot of voter motivation and Obama's going to have to get aggressive soon.

It's pathetic that now McCain and Palin are trying to cash in on that.

I would not count Obama out of this by any means - he is young, smart, and is surrounded by some of the best strategists in the nation. Barbie will self destruct and McCain will implode with all the shit that's being thrown at him daily as a result of his parties incompetence.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^NOTHING is being thrown at McCain, or Palin. Imagine for a moment how the press would have exploded into wild vitriol if the unmarried pregnant teen had been Chelsea Clinton. This is not happening with Bristol. Excuses are being made in the press for her and people who tried to criticize were shut up...
    Look at this:

Stephanopoulos vainly tried for some genuine reaction. In choosing Palin, did John McCain get someone who met the minimum test of being "capable of being president"? Everyone in America knows the answer to that. They know McCain picked someone so unqualified she has been hiding from the media because a question to her is like kryptonite to what's-his-name. But did Obama say anything like that? Here are his exact words: "Well, you know, I'll let you ask John McCain when he's on ABC." Boy, Palin will never get over that.

Seriously, WTF kind of campaigning is that?

The Republicans and their media are the house, and odds are in their favour, but they don't just cheat. They have appeal, still, because they're smart enough to campaign dumb. Much of the American electorate is functionally illiterate and vulnerable to gross manipulation, and the Republicans are masters at it. Democrats may pride themselves on seeing through it, but they don't see all the way through it, otherwise they would think deeper than Wait until next time.

While Obama's standing down from a fight, here's the next low blow from the Republicans:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will speak at her son’s Army deployment ceremony on 9/11 and spend two days with ABC News crews later this week as part of a McCain campaign plan to increase Americans’ comfort with her as a leader.

Commentary from TwoSparkles on DU:

Oy vey...I say this as a seasoned public-relations professional with 12 years experience working with many Fortune 500 companies and every major media outlet in this country.

The Republicans are evil geniuses.

This will work. It will work big time.

The Republicans win the war debate--only when people forget about the failed mission, the illegality of the war and the lies that were told to get us there in the first place. The hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis that have been murdered and our dead and seriously injured soldiers must be overshadowed by PR stunts--in order to take control of the messaging.

During this Palin-deployment-good-bye stunt, the failed neocon policies will be invisible. Taking center stage, will be the most shameless (but effective) attempts to personalize the war and make the war about Sarah Palin and her awesome family.

In effect, this war will cease to be about George Bush. It will now be about Sarah Palin, her son, being patriotic and supporting military families as our newfound American duty.

And meanwhile: Poll shows big shift to McCain among white women (up by 12%!) and leading among independents 52% to 37%.

Yep.

Obama needs to highliight the war, and who caused it cuz Palin and McBush are yet again going to use their families, 9/11 and Soldiers as props all in one fell swoop.

.. and the stupids will lap it up.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

And who is fighting it because we all know there aren't that many precious snowflakes belonging to the upper echelons of the GOP fighting this war.

Everyone's responses here reflect my thoughts on the election. The numbers are just too close my comfort. It makes me sad. My first election was Carter/Reagan. Not much hope there. After that I had hoped that in my future voting lifetime I'd get to really vote for a president that I wanted. I voted for Clinton, I knew Gore didn't have a chance after the electoral vote debacle. After the Bush/Kerry election I saw what the USA really wanted despite another close electoral vote situation. I think we're just too conservative in the long run. Obama needs put forth a really strong leadership and youth quality to sack the 72 year old.

I'm no ageist but why a man that age would want to be president instead of enjoying his golden years is beyond me. Reagan was 69 or 70 but in superb health at the time. I shake my head and wonder what this country wants. It makes me sick to my stomach that these same Repub/Conservative candidates want to keep us from having stem cell research, gay marriage, abortion rights, to end that stupid fucking war, funding AIDS research, fair health care and a strong economy. Well, those are the things that are important to me anyway.

Hit By Ban Bus!

WTF are they thinking:

What one word does John McCain want you to think of when you think of him? "Maverick"

So why does Obama's new ad use the word 5 times, even running the word across the screen? Because he and his ad people don't understand basic rhetoric and psychology.

When voters go into the booth, especially the ones targeted with these ads who don't pay close attention to the race, they focus on just a few key thoughts and words. The last thing you want to do is repeat and reinforce your opponent's key memorable word.

You can't debunk a myth by verbally repeating it. This is basic stuff, so it is surprising that neither Obama nor his team understand it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Rookie mistake #843!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    ^Rookie mistake #843!
    Comparable to 'Oh, I am not in favor of a Bridge to Nowhere even if I voted for it and I received the funding monies for it.. nope, not me...'

I'm concerned too. I live in one of the most liberal parts of the country (Northern NJ) and in the last 3 days I have encountered 4 people who scare the crap out of me. They each came into my place of business (I know all of them) and we start talking about the election. In every case the answer I got was "the most important thing to me is family and anything that comes between the family unit is no good". They are specifically talking about gay marriage and abortion. They then talk about how God will take care of them (the economy) if they do the right thing morally. How can we allow babies to be killed? And the last part is that even though things may not be perfect now, they will be in the afterlife so being comfortable now doesn't matter.

Well what the Hell do you even say to that?!!! You can't even have a rational discussion after that point. The God-zombies have taken over these people's minds. Their churches are telling these people how to vote and they feel as if they don't vote the way of the church - they will go to Hell.

Fundamentalists are dangerous no matter what their actual religion is.

you introduce them to the Taliban and say "You guys would get along famously, you have SO much in common.."
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    you introduce them to the Taliban and say "You guys would get along famously, you have SO much in common.."
    hyperbole is alive and well in Canahda, eh?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information