Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Weiner-Gate! Which Congressman Couldn't Press Delete Tweet Fast Enough?

I don't care anymore what people do in their beds, in front of their computer. My give-a-fuck cup is broken.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

i don't understand why people can't separate public and private lives. you can be a damn good politician and a lousy spouse (which is probably the case for most) but unless you're the one married to them, who the fuck cares? it would never stop me from voting for someone.

alice, say you were going to have surgery. would you rather have the operation performed by the top-notch surgeon who cheats on his wife all the time or the so-so surgeon who's totally faithful?
    see what i mean? what the fuck does the surgeon's marriage have to do with my operation? nothing. i will judge him on his medical skills alone and what do i care what kind of a husband he is. let the wife worry about that.
    the same goes for politicians and public figures.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah those political marriages are all fake anyways. I mean anyone who can't see right through Bill and Hillary for what they really are, which is a huge money-making/political 2 person mafia is a fucking dumbass. but there will always be those Kenneth Starr's who want to make a name for themselves and will use any means - the higher you rise in life; the bigger your possible fall and you can't slip up! you just can't leave that open.

fgg

Anthony Weiner Exposed as 1996 Cosmo Bachelor

By Alison Schwartz
    Tuesday June 07, 2011 02:10 PM EDT

Long before there surfaced lewd photos of Anthony Weiner, sans pants, the New York congressman made his pictorial debut in the pages of Cosmopolitan magazine – fully clothed.

In 1996, the women's magazine selected the politician, who was, at the time, a 31-year-old city councilman, as one of its 101 real-life bachelors.

The headline: "The Future President?"

"I want to be sucked back into the throes of love (haha!) – isn't that what everybody really wants?" Weiner, 46, who is married to Hillary Clinton's aide, Huma Abedin, told Cosmo of his ideal lady. She would also be "someone smarter than me."

Following his confession Monday that he was responsible for a self-Tweeted photo of himself in boxer briefs, which he originally blamed on the work of a hacker, the irony is not lost.

"I hate days off," he said when asked about his favorite free-time pastime, "but I guess I'd try on clothes I couldn't afford."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't understand why people can't separate public and private lives. you can be a damn good politician and a lousy spouse (which is probably the case for most) but unless you're the one married to them, who the fuck cares? it would never stop me from voting for someone.

alice, say you were going to have surgery. would you rather have the operation performed by the top-notch surgeon who cheats on his wife all the time or the so-so surgeon who's totally faithful?
    see what i mean? what the fuck does the surgeon's marriage have to do with my operation? nothing. i will judge him on his medical skills alone and what do i care what kind of a husband he is. let the wife worry about that.
    Yes.

I don't ask my plumber about his sexual ethics before I can let him unplug my toilet. Same thing. Just be competant at your JOB.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

It's time like these that I thank god John McCain doesn't know how to use a computer.

I want Joe Biden to tweet me a pic of his dick. I'm also NOT kidding.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I want that from Rahm Emmanual and you know he's packing!

Democrats decline to defend Weiner after scandal

Democrats decline to defend Weiner after scandal - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – Fellow Democrats pointedly refused to defend Rep. Anthony Weiner on Tuesday, telegraphing an unmistakable eagerness for him to resign after he admitted sending a lewd photo of himself to a woman via Twitter and lying about it.

Republicans swiftly sought political profit from the New York Democrat's predicament, which threatened to deepen when conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart said he had a sexually explicit photo of the 46-year-old congressman.

His political career in extreme jeopardy, Weiner had no public appearances. His spokesman did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

On Monday, after days of denials, the New York lawmaker admitted he had engaged in "several inappropriate conversations conducted over Twitter, Facebook, email and occasionally on the phone with women I had met online."
    Alternately apologetic and defiant, he said he neither met nor had physical relationships with any of them, and added, "I am not resigning."

In fact, there is little that party leaders can do to force an errant lawmaker to quit, although House Republicans have moved decisively in the past year to purge their ranks of two men who wound up in embarrassing situations.
    Most Democrats maintained an uncomfortable silence about Weiner's future, part of what several senior congressional officials described as a hope that over a few days, Weiner would reconsider his refusal to resign.

But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid broke the silence.

"I wish there were some way that I can defend him, but I can't," the Nevada Democrat told reporters. Asked what he would do if Weiner called for advice, he replied he would tell him "call somebody else."

Republicans sought political gain.

"Congressman Weiner's actions and deception are unacceptable and he should resign," GOP party chairman Reince Priebus said in a written statement.
    "We do not need an investigation to know he lied and acted inappropriately, we need a resignation," he said, referring to a request from House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi for the House ethics committee to investigate the case.

Speaking of Pelosi and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, the Democratic party chairwoman, Priebus said they either "believe members of Congress are held to a different set of standards or they believe these actions demand his resignation."

Brad Woodhouse, a Democratic National Committee spokesman, referred a request for a comment to Wasserman Schultz's House office. He said the issue was a congressional one, but her spokesman declined comment on whether Weiner should resign.

Separately, the Republican House and Senate campaign organizations called on Democrats to return donations Weiner had made to them.
    "Does ... Democrat Senate candidate Joe Donnelly (D-IN) plan to return the $5,000 he took from his friend Weiner in order to fund his political campaigns?" asked the National Republican Senatorial Committee. There was no immediate reply from Donnelly, a second-term House member who recently announced he would run for the Senate in 2012.

In the House, Democratic Rep. Betty Sutton of Ohio said through an aide she would donate to charity a $1,000 contribution she received from Weiner last year.

Demanding the return of cash from troubled donors has become a standard political tactic in recent years, practiced by both parties.
    But the other facts in Weiner's case were anything but routine.
    Instead, they reflected the growing impact of social media and little-known websites on the political fortunes of the nation's most powerful elected officials, in this case, a man with ambitions of becoming mayor of New York City.

Despite fielding numerous questions on Monday, some of them intensely personal about his marriage, Weiner left gaps at his news conference.

He said he could not guarantee that none of the women with whom he exchanged salacious pictures or messages was underage.

Asked whether he had phone sex, he sidestepped. "I was never in the same room as them, I never — had any physical relationship whatever," he said.
    Asked whether he could guarantee that there was no X-rated photo in existence of himself, he replied, "No, I cannot."

That issue was first broached by Breitbart, who showed up at Weiner's news conference on Monday before the congressman did.
    In an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday, Breitbart said he had not yet released a sexually explicit photo taken of the congressman unclothed.

He said he would consider releasing the picture if he concludes that Weiner's staff tries to disparage any of the women with whom the congressman flirted online.

"Under the circumstances that those women that he's had these consensual relationships, that their personal information would start to be leaked from his team, I would strongly consider releasing the photo if he wants to make this an attack on these innocent women," he said.

At his news conference, Weiner apologized to the women and to all he misled with his earlier denials, but most often to his wife, Huma Abedin, who was not present.

Abedin, deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, is well-known in her own right in Democratic circles. Some party officials said that was a factor in the general unwillingness to call for Weiner's resignation.
    She has had no comment on her husband's controversy.

Under House rules, party leaders cannot force a lawmaker to quit, although they can press for a resignation and sometimes do.

Republicans successfully urged Indiana Rep. Mark Souder take that course last year after he admitted to an extra-marital affair with a member of his staff. They did so again in February, with Rep. Chris Lee of New York, who quit quickly after shirtless photos he sent to a woman he had met on Craigslist were published online.

By contrast, Pelosi issued a call shortly after Weiner's news conference for the House ethics committee to investigate his case to make sure no House rules were broken.

The committee had no comment, and with the House not scheduled to meet for nearly a week, it was unclear when it might begin work on the case.

I think this guy is toast.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    His wife must be so angry and humiliated, I wonder if/when she is going to dump him.
    This is my biggest pet peeve. Stop the public humiliation of the spouses, stop getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Early or not, he's saying it, not her. She wasn't at his press conference. That speaks volumes.

I'm glad she wasn't on the podium of shame. I'll never forget Silda Spitzer standing next to the NY Gov. Eliot Spitzer. I'm all about he's on his own with this one. I'm outta here, you can't do it to me anymore.

It's not the American way. What was done to Clinton was unbearable. That Starr Report was McCarthyism. Americans just don't like this kind of thing.

I apply the same thoughts about show biz people's private life and their art. It's easy for me to separate the two unless I hate their guts.

On the Howard Stern show today (Anthony Weiner has been a guest on the show), Benjy, Howard's event interviewer, went to the press conference and asked this question:

"Were you fully erect or are you capable of more"?

I see no reason for the man to have to resign, for pete's sake. He deserves the humiliation but damn.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah I assume it too thats why I date losers

.... oh wait, they cheat too (for similar ego-boosting reason) so yeah, nevermind
    Remember Alice: all men are down deep, pigs.

I don't really care either about his shenanigans. I does piss me off that he lied repeatedly, continually, and in a most ridiculous and stupid manner-he could not tell if that pic was his own dick or not? I mean c'mon. It made him look like a fucking idiot who could not make good decisions.

If he had just said 'yeah that was me, I made some mistakes in my personal life, it is between me, my wife, and the other people involved-the end.' I would have been fine with it really-who gives a shit-everybody was consenting(except the wife as far as we know) and of age.

He made himself a laughingstock-the outrageously stupid lies show a real lack of appropriate decision making on his part-I wonder who finally sat him down and said ENOUGH! of these inane, bullshit lies-just tell the damn truth and get it over with'.

*sigh*. It would have been much less damaging if he had just come out with it, apologized/etc. and moved on.

Soj - do you know of this actor? He was on Damages.

Ben Shenkman - IMDb

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Soj - do you know of this actor? He was on Damages.

Ben Shenkman - IMDb
    No. He looks kind of like Weiner though.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information