Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: We have 12 people at any given time in here, and barely anybody posts

Default Re: We have 12 people at any given time in here, and barely anybody posts

C'mon everybody, I know this section is on a slip at the moment, but stuff always happens in politics and the next big news or scandal will bring interested people here.

And yes sometimes I'm guilty of the read but don't post thing. I'm kinda burned out on politcs myself.

Default Re: We have 12 people at any given time in here, and barely anybody posts

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    What's the point in me running this site if it doesn't make money?

We might as well ALL give up now
    I thought that we had decided you'd be getting unicorns instead.

GAWD! make up your mind.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Usually I don't post because I can never think of anything witty or interesting to say that hasn't already been said
    When I see something interesting I try to post it here.

I'm just simply not smart enough.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon
    I'm just simply not smart enough.
    You're smart enough, you're good-looking enough,

Gosh darn it, people just like you!
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

A*O

As an occasional poster here I will say that some of the Bush Bashing gets a bit repetitive so unless he does something REALLY dumb I'm not inclined to comment. We all know he's an idiot. Call me a NIMBY but as a Forner I am not really up to speed on the minutiae of the US political system so unless a major issue is being discussed, eg abortion, then again I don't feel able to comment on something I don't fully understand (and often don't really care about) so utraged reports of obscure US Senators making lewd remarks to interns is way under the radar for me. Also, some of the articles and reports quoted are WAY too long and often need editing to retain the salient points and remove the padding.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

SVZ

as well they're usually kinda messy.......

alot of the time people forget to remove the navigation and the advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    As an occasional poster here I will say that some of the Bush Bashing gets a bit repetitive so unless he does something REALLY dumb I'm not inclined to comment. We all know he's an idiot. Call me a NIMBY but as a Forner I am not really up to speed on the minutiae of the US political system so unless a major issue is being discussed, eg abortion, then again I don't feel able to comment on something I don't fully understand (and often don't really care about) so utraged reports of obscure US Senators making lewd remarks to interns is way under the radar for me. Also, some of the articles and reports quoted are WAY too long and often need editing to retain the salient points and remove the padding.
    I agree A*O, Bush bashing and calling Canada's Harper neocon whatever gets old. If there is something different or even a real point I will get involved, but quite often its the same old stuff regurgitated in a different format

I do like pissing of the vegans and the anti-fur crowd tho, I am always up for that debate
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

My posts are nicely quoted, italicized and bolded where appropriate!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

They are also sometimes rather LONG but that's OK provided they are making a new point or discussing and old point from a new angle. Frankly, I just can't be arsed to plough through yet another anti-GOP tract which doesn't really take the debate any further. I COULD post lots of Australian political news, eg, our Treasurer said yesterday that unless migrants/citizens are prepared to adopt 'the Australian way of life' they should be stripped of their citizenship and bugger off back to their country of origin. It's caused a HUGE row. But I doubt it even got a mention in the foreign press.......
    Dame Edna Everage

Never heard of it, but whynot post it in the general politics section? I can rant about asshole australian politicians

A*O

They are too boring to even be assholes I'm afraid.
    Dame Edna Everage

But they're neo-con assholes!

That makes them assholes by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    My posts are nicely quoted, italicized and bolded where appropriate!
    And your ass is HAWT!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    They are also sometimes rather LONG but that's OK provided they are making a new point or discussing and old point from a new angle. Frankly, I just can't be arsed to plough through yet another anti-GOP tract which doesn't really take the debate any further. I COULD post lots of Australian political news, eg, our Treasurer said yesterday that unless migrants/citizens are prepared to adopt 'the Australian way of life' they should be stripped of their citizenship and bugger off back to their country of origin. It's caused a HUGE row. But I doubt it even got a mention in the foreign press.......
    Oooooo, really? I bet if you posted an article the thread'd be at least 5 pages long!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information