Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VP Joe Biden's daughter cocaine video scandal

Alleged Ashley Biden Cocaine Tape Sounds Like a Fake

Update: Radar now reports that Tom Dunlap, the lawyer who tried to broker the deal, has quit, dropping the alleged videographer, due to “publicity.” Strange logic, considering the task he was retained to do. Shielding himself, certainly, but from publicity???

In my story at AOL, Update: Inconsistencies Arise Regarding Alleged Ashley Biden Cocaine Tape,I started to go into some of the reasons this tape is starting to look as fake as the “Whitey tape.”

I’m only reporting on it at all because 3 different accounts are already being blasted out across the internet, and none of them match up. You can check out the AOL story for the background, I want to focus here on why this sounds like a fake to me.

According to the most detailed story, the NY Post account, the following facts lead me to believe this is a fake:
    The other lawyer said Ashley didn’t have Secret Service protection at the time of the party because she complained about agents blocking her driveway.
    “She complained to her dad about it and he got rid of them,” he said.
    This is not at all credible, and it indicates a consciousness of holes in the story. The idea that Secret Service agents would abandon their posts, or that the Vice President would order them away, is ludicrous.
    The lawyers said the shooter used a camera with a hard-disc drive that he later destroyed, drilling into the device and tossing it into a lake.
    What? Why would he do that if he had already made a copy? Isn’t that like putting on a condom while you rush to the maternity ward? It would, however, explain the lack of an original, verifiable recording.
    The shooter claims that he previously tape-recorded Ashley at a party in August, but was unsuccessful in his attempts to sell that video, they said.
    So, he had another tape that he couldn’t sell, in August, when every Republican in the world was trying to beat Obama/Biden? And did what with it, drilled holes in it and threw it in a volcano? Where was the Secret Service then? Plus, knowing this, why would he turn down this?
    An American media company offered $250,000 for the footage and access to the person who shot the tape, according to the lawyers.
    Another company, based overseas, offered $225,000, they said.
    Coupled with the inconsistencies I noted at AOL, I don’t think anyone will pay $400 dollars, let alone $400k. The fact that there is no original recording in existence is enough for me, by itself. Alien Autopsy had better provenance.
    Alleged Ashley Biden Cocaine Tape Sounds Like a Fake « Daily Dose
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

*snort* it's the michelle obama whitey tape all over again
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I love how people are generally okay with a person's bad behavior if they like the person but look out if the person is not liked, it is a completely different story.
    That's the damn truth! Had it been Palin's daughter this thread would already be 5000 pages long, and would probably last for months like her baby thread has.

I doubt it, mostly because Biden isn't a complete retard who bases his moral stance on what his 30 year old kids do, doesn't have a massive public responsibility avoidance complex, doesn't blame the world around him for his own failings, and doesn't shuttle his family around to be used as props and then whine when people talk about them.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm so sick of it being a big assed deal what others decide to put into their body, especially when they aren't hurthing anyone else.

And Suede is exactly right.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't you know? doing cocaine means you support TERRORISTS

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I doubt it, mostly because Biden isn't a complete retard who bases his moral stance on what his 30 year old kids do, doesn't have a massive public responsibility avoidance complex, doesn't blame the world around him for his own failings, and doesn't shuttle his family around to be used as props and then whine when people talk about them.
    You doubt what?

It.

I doubt it.

Duh

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    That's the damn truth! Had it been Palin's daughter this thread would already be 5000 pages long, and would probably last for months like her baby thread has.
    maybe that has more to do with the fact that republicans seem to think they are the moral leaders and the owners of family values and good behaviour. that's why it's always much more titillating when they're caught engaging in bad behaviour. democrats aren't as moralistic and don't go around bible-thumping all day and calling people baby killers and fornicators and communists and hippies.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    maybe that has more to do with the fact that republicans seem to think they are the moral leaders and the owners of family values and good behaviour. that's why it's always much more titillating when they're caught engaging in bad behaviour. democrats aren't as moralistic and don't go around bible-thumping all day and calling people baby killers and fornicators and communists and hippies.
    Eh, it's judgement either way, twisted to suit the choice and likes of whomever is not up on the chopping block.

Whether she was the daughter of a republican or a democrat the video and the context of video remains the same, it is those that comment and how they comment on it that change.

It's something we're all guilty of at time or another - one day you just open your eyes and realize that you too can be that big hypocrite just like that other guy.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

You're probably right. But that had more to do with Palin than her daughter. Now, if the video had surfaced during the campaign, like Bristol being knocked up, then it would've had more impact.

I thought we covered Bristol's drug preferences a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    don't you know? doing cocaine means you support TERRORISTS
    Yes but only indirectly through the CIA, NCS, and DEA.

When are people going to learn to check for cameras before they do stupid crap?
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information