Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: The VP debate official thread

^^Don't forget she gave a shout-out to her peeps. That's got to be a first in a debate.

I fucking knew Sodahead would be bullshit

Do you think Sarah Palin hit a home run at the VP Debate?

and this? It shouldn't even be that close, or at all!

Who won the VP Debate, Sarah Palin or Joe Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Letterman's Top Ten Surprises in the Vice Presidential Debate

10. First question for Palin, "Why in the hell do you keep agreeing to talk to Katie Couric?"

9. As a welcome to the candidates, St. Louis constructed a special "Arch to Nowhere". (LMFAO)

8. To even the playing field, Biden wore stilettos.

7. A confused John McCain kept stumbling onstage asking where he was.

6. Most of the discussion was what to do about the Mets.

5. Palin bore a striking resemblence to Mitt Romney in a wig.

4. Only thing the candidates agreed on? The Late Show Fun Facts Book's 240 pages of jam-packed hilarity!

3. Biden's insitence that from his house in Delaware, he can see Russia.

2. You could hear Hillary's muffled screams from the parking lot.

1. Palin mentioned bombing Iran, Pakistan, and Tina Fey.

SOURCE: The TV.

Oh man, number nine literally had me screaming with laughter
    Eh, only #2 was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Exactly. She "succeeded" in the fact that the bar was set so exceptionally low. Anyone who actually watched the debate knows that Biden won by a mile. Yes, she didn't croak under the pressure, but she avoided clear questions and sounded like she was reciting soundbytes. Biden looked Presidential and was extremely articulate and hit on every issue he needed. So while she did "okay", she didn't hit the notes she needed.

In the theatre I was in, there was a collective audible gasp when this happened. I don't know if she was intentionally trying to be low, but it definitely came across the wrong way.

I am an Independent and I was already settled on Obama, but I'm positive that she didn't win over other Independents tonight like they were hoping she would. She evaded very simple questions for rhetoric. Biden looked very cool and collected and gave precise answers.
    She wouldn't answer the question given! She suggested a question she wanted to answer, and then side stepped again and does a '...because its all about energy' something. She knew she couldn't answer it or even bluff. How the fucking fuck do you do that? Do you take an exam and cross out the questions you don't know and write your own question and answer that???

Oh and I agree with the person who said the Obama/Biden ticket is very sexy LOL. They have beautiful laughs/smiles

So much puke worthy stuff from Palin tonight. Puke.

All that hokey shit and pandering and just talking points with no ability to go any deeper. And she would not wipe that stupid smug smile off her face for one freakin second.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I had to.

Yeah baby! w00t!!

1. If people think Palin is charming with her "aw shucks" winking, smirking, shout-out, hockey-mom, Washington outsider personality, they have no clue what the word charming means. Biden has charm by the truckloads. He's no Clinton, but he definitely is charismatic, and when you combine charisma with intelligence it sure makes for an attractive package!

2. Palin did what the McSame campaign has been doing all this time: changing the rules to their liking. By not answering the questions, in quite an arrogant manner too, she continued what McSame did earlier this week first by demanding Obama suspend his campaign, too and then by dictating the debate should be held in a townhall meeting format. There is no end to the Repug arrogance and people all across the US should take note of this: rules apparently do not apply to the Repugs, they will change them at will to what best serves them, they only have loyalty to themselves no matter what might be better for the nation or its people. When I see McSame and Palin I can already here this: veto, veto, veto, veto. Like Chimpy McSmirkface, they will push on THEIR will, their ideas at the cost of all American citizens, even those stupid enough to vote for them. It will not be a democracy if the Repug ticket wins, with dictator McSame and his flying monkey in the White House.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I just watched and I have to say I am feeling hot for joe Biden. What a silver fox.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Seriously: it is insulting to hear a braindead twit like Palin, who - before her training sessions in camp McSame these past days - had never even heard of anybody or anything outside Alaska or the US throw around names of leaders of countries like Iran, Pakistan etc. She had so memorized everything she said without having a clue who is what or where. She IS a robot. She can't even pronounce words right!!!! The way she looked at Biden when he gave very well motivated, intelligent and concise answers is incredible: there is NO connection, she was just waiting until he stopped talking.

I LOVE Biden's voice, too. And nearly peed my pants with his loud sighs and gasps. I'm proud how he restrained himself. I totally believe she had her notes there, as she was sometimes stalling time with non comments while she was looking down, searching for the right thing to say in her notes.

***** celeb

A*O

I didn't watch the whole debate, my ears started to bleed after a while listening to Caribou Barbie. But never having seen Joe Biden in action before I have to say I was very impressed. He's well informed, calm, statesmanlike and obviously a Safe Pair Of Hands. Also, he knows how to pronounce NuCLEAR.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Seriously: it is insulting to hear a braindead twit like Palin, who - before her training sessions in camp McSame these past days - had never even heard of anybody or anything outside Alaska or the US throw around names of leaders of countries like Iran, Pakistan etc. She had so memorized everything she said without having a clue who is what or where. She IS a robot. She can't even pronounce words right!!!! The way she looked at Biden when he gave very well motivated, intelligent and concise answers is incredible: there is NO connection, she was just waiting until he stopped talking.

I LOVE Biden's voice, too. And nearly peed my pants with his loud sighs and gasps. I'm proud how he restrained himself. I totally believe she had her notes there, as she was sometimes stalling time with non comments while she was looking down, searching for the right thing to say in her notes.

yeah, they got to her good. She stopped answering questions. They taught her how to just deflect and then use the airtime to repeat talking points.

My favorite part was when Tundra Spice/Caribou mis-stated the role of the VP and silver fox Biden slammed dunked her with his correction. My second favorite bit is when Foxy Joe choked up a bit when talking about his family and got all indignant, saying just because he's not a woman doesn't mean he doesn't understand what it's like to be a single parent. My third favorite part is the way he stuck to facts and used intelligence, while she kept trying to get away with her folksy bullshit and always referred back to Alaska's energy policy when she didn't know what the fuck to say, which was 90% of the time.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I nearly choked when CaribouBarbie listed her enormous experience as a business woman (probably selling lemonade in a stand her hubby put together), an executive, a mayor (yeah, running a tiny town form the local store, oops, council), a governor.....
    She talked about her "world view" ------ this from an idiot who teaches creationism, can see Russia from her back yard and made a stop-over in Ireland but more importantly: apparently does NOT READ NEWSPAPERS or followed the world news before she was summoned to run with McSame.

"We have got to win the wars...." If there hadn't been Repugs in office, there wouldn't BE (as many) wars to begin with, stupid moosehead!

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Many different polls... Fox news text poll
    Palin 86%
    Bien 12%

No surprise coming from Fox News.

And another poll puts Biden winning with 80%. Is anyone surprised Faux News has her winning? I'd wager a guess that they came up with these random numbers three or four days ago.

--Sinclair Lewis

I do not bother watching Fox News, I didnt expect them to be unbias and admit Biden was better.

Thread Information