Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Volunteering, facing the ugly in people..

I signed up yesterday to begin volunteering for Barry. I think I may visit one of the battleground states--either Nevada or Colorado--too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I signed up yesterday to begin volunteering for Barry. I think I may visit one of the battleground states--either Nevada or Colorado--too!
    WAY TO GO!! I am excited for you!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^Thanks! Am going to try and start making calls tonight. Probably to Washington state to start as those are the lists that came up for me first.

Good luck, you'll do just fine!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^Thanks!

Gosh, you guys are brave. Cold-calling strangers--about politics, no less!--is my idea of torture.

I would'nt be able to do it, hell I don't even like recorded messages much less a random person lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I cannot believe that you're not registered to vote, but you just applied for a gun.. I am not giving up, if everyone thought like that, where would this campaign be right now? I just can't sit by without taking action. I still can't believe you're not registered to vote...
    This isn't my first time volunteering, nor making calls on the behalf of democrats I've done it since 2000. However, I only called folks in Maryland, never got anything this rude. Do you know because of this experience, several of my family and friends signed up to make calls to VA.
    Can someone answer this for me please..this is seriously keeping me up at night!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I think my campaigning in NYC is going to be much more pleasant experience, believe it or not (we're not pushy people, really ).

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Shoot him.
    No, let me.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    Please do. I wonder how many other in your state are thinking it's a lost cause and won't register...this makes me sad. I implore you to PLEASE vote!
    Eh...Texas hasn't gone blue in a loooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *tubs temples*

Calling someone a racial epithet when they're a politician is stupid because their skin color has nothing (or should have nothing) to do with what policies they've enacted. It has nothing to do with what kind of job they've done, good or bad.

Calling someone a bunch of names like idiot, moron or WORST PRESIDENT EVER because of things they've done or policies they've enacted while in office is commenting on what kind of shitty job they did.

It has nothing to do with a fair shake. They're 2 entirely different fucking things.

Jesus christ.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I cannot believe that you're not registered to vote, but you just applied for a gun..
    Applied for a gun? You don't apply for them in this state, you just walk into a store and buy 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Tee Ha Ha, you never know!! If there are lots of people like you in your state and you all go vote, you might just cause a complete turnaround.
    That's the thing...there aren't a lot of Obama supporters here. Not enough, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Eh...Texas hasn't gone blue in a loooong time.

That's the thing...there aren't a lot of Obama supporters here. Not enough, anyway.
    So what? Never will change if people like you don't register. I gave you the voter registration thingy for Dallas. You have until Oct. 9th. This ain't brain surgery-just register and vote. I know a LOT of people here voting Obama.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post

Applied for a gun? You don't apply for them in this state, you just walk into a store and buy 'em.

Ask the gun store owner (there is an actual store, it's not just a vending machine, right? ) if you can put a "GUN OWNERS FOR OBAMA" sign in the window!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Ask the gun store owner (there is an actual store, it's not just a vending machine, right? ) if you can put a "GUN OWNERS FOR OBAMA" sign in the window!
    Damn! That is a brilliant plan for Texas!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    So what? Never will change if people like you don't register. I gave you the voter registration thingy for Dallas. You have until Oct. 9th. This ain't brain surgery-just register and vote. I know a LOT of people here voting Obama.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Obama won in Dallas County (just look at the city government thinking about renaming a street Cesar Chavez Blvd) but he won't win Texas. I'll vote anyway because that's not the only item on the ballot, but I'll be going in there knowing my vote for president won't count.

We need to get rid of the electoral college but that's another issue for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    LOL I'm not sure they make those (signs). Gun vending machine? That would be hilarious...swipe your driver's license and it does the bg check right there like an ATM, then choose your gun, pay for it, and pick it up like a candy bar or soda.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information