Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: US census worker found hanged in Kentucky with "FED" scrawled on his chest

If a census person comes to my home I will very kind to him/her. This story is heartwrenching
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    this is horrific. And of all the crazy things to get worked up about, this seemingly takes the cake. Its the f'in census! The government uses it to allocate resources, electoral votes, all sorts of things.
    But for months we've had nutjobs like Michelle Bachmann warning about the Census being used to round people up for internment/re-education camps. Sane people don't believe it, but insane/ignorant people will.

Rachel Maddow is reporting on her show that the FBI is now involved.

I was watching that too lol...Glad they are covering it
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

This is horrible. I hope they catch whoever did this. And the news media needs to be responsible and pick up on this. I hope there is some sort of memorial fund set up for his family.

I do remember hearing of a Census worker dying in 2000. I think it was in Texas that time.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Rachel Maddow is reporting on her show that the FBI is now involved.
    It's a federal offense to kill a federal employee, I believe. Whoever did this could easily receive the death penalty or life in prison without parole.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

a computer he was using for work was found inside it, she said. He worked part-time for the Census, usually conducting interviews once or twice a month.
    This guy wasn't working on the 2010 census. He was probably working on the American Community Survey, which took the place of asking all the in-depth demographic questions on the census questionnaire. If I recall correctly, those Census workers call folks at their homes prior to making an in-person visit. This means that whomever he was visiting in that neighborhood knew he was coming.

well the area he was in, somew of those country folk dont take to kindly to people coming on their property, especially a gov. worker. Those back woods people are crazy...
    Rip Mom

Some of the enumerators have to go house to house with federal marshals to get the info. They are that serious about it. This has been going on for at least 20 yrs that I am aware that people really donot want to give that information out so it's not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    This guy wasn't working on the 2010 census. He was probably working on the American Community Survey, which took the place of asking all the in-depth demographic questions on the census questionnaire. If I recall correctly, those Census workers call folks at their homes prior to making an in-person visit. This means that whomever he was visiting in that neighborhood knew he was coming.
    They didn't for me. She just showed up one night but I gave her the info. Wondering with all I am hearing maybe I shouldn't have.

Elite Member

I had a census worker come to my house, probably a couple of months ago, and she was letting me know about the census and that someone would again be coming to gather our data. I don't see how anyone can think anything sinister about the census, for goodness sake! They've been doing it for decades. Holy shit, some people are ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, the guy scrawled the word 'FED' into his chest and then hung himself.
    He must've been a CO$ too...

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    They've been freaking out about the census for some time.

Just Got a Scary Call from a US Census Worker
    GPS tracking on your front door by Census workers

a whole bunch here:
    Video Taping the Census Takers

This combination of ignorance and fear is really dangerous.
    You know - that is so scary its funny - yeah, I see the point about security, you should always check the person's ID, etc.
    But the rest... we (UK Govt) GPS addressses via the first line address data - fucking retards!
    & while they're on it - about being unconstitutional... maybe they should actually find out the truth instead of what their mate told them....
    What is the Census?

• The census is a count of everyone living in the United States every 10 years.
    • The census is mandated by the U.S. Constitution.
    • The next census is in 2010.
    • Your participation in the census is required by law.
    • It takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
    • Federal law protects the personal information you share during the census.
    • Census data are used to distribute Congressional seats to states, to make decisions about what community services to provide, and to distribute $400 billion in federal funds to local, state and tribal governments each year.
    http://2010.census.gov/2010census/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    this is horrific. And of all the crazy things to get worked up about, this seemingly takes the cake. Its the f'in census! The government uses it to allocate resources, electoral votes, all sorts of things.
    I know - I've worked with people that use both Us & UK census data & indeed used UK data because it was better/more thorough/validatated/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Kentucky has the highest rate of mental illness in the US.

They are also extremely red (connection?).
    Kentucky is communist???
    Free Charmed.

"If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    It's better than having found his liver removed with fava beans, a bottle of Chianti nearby.
    Damnit! You beat me to it.

I read a book some years back about the moonshine trade in Appalachia and the Ozarks from the 1920's to the 1980's, and there were almost 200 murders of federal agents in these areas over the years. It's a scary, insular and violent place. I wonder if this man stumbled upon something illegal, like a meth lab.

Some of the Hollows (pronounced Hollers) don't welcome any strangers at all, and have long been anti-government dating back to the 20's.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; September 24th, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information