Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: United States 2010 Election Results

Hit By Ban Bus!

This election was a bout selfishness I talked to a lot of people. What I came a way with is that most people didn't care about most issues. Rich people wanted to keep their tax breaks and they voted for Republicians who were marginal, at best, because of that poor people feel that "welfare queens" are living off our tax dollars, while sitting home and eating bonbons - so they vote for Republicians who think employment insurance is unconstitutional. Not sure the Dems could say anything to overcome this selfish bias. That having been said, the Dems have to do a better job of selling the fact that their policies benefit the country, and when the economy is healthy and well regulated everyone prospers. They also have to dig into the "small govt" mantra, and specifically discuss cuts. Do we want fewer police, firemen, teachers, military? The Dems also need a backbone, but that nothing new. The Dems have an ethical floor and the Repubs do not. Sadly, perhaps this should change"

Obama's problem isn't that he isn't trying to do things for the people, it's that he has been trying to include the Republicans that have no interest in helping anyone making less than a million dollars.

Against the will of the majority of the American people .... why not provide some evidence that the American people dont want Health Care Reform.

Since when has the President's travel expenses ever had to be scrutinized? Since when? He's the damned leader of the free world for gods sake. How much did Bush's travel expense cost? Do you know?

Republicans are the American Taliban they are either at your throat or feet. They are as dangerous as those mexican drug Lords. And Mr. President needs to defeat them using his power as President.

Mr. President better die like a lion than like a dog, right! We need to be patient with Obama one cannot clean up all the mess Bush left in 24 months, we need to be patient and give him a chance.

We gave his ass 2 years. In those 2 years he sold health care "reform" and financial "reform" to insurance companies and wall street.

he hunted whistleblowers

he expanded executive branch secrecy powers

he started assassinating US citizens by presidential fiat

He did not return habeas corpus

He fought against gay rights in court

He let BP get away with the biggest environmental disaster EVER, colluded with them to bury scientific data, and let them basically police the entire gulf, arresting reporters along the way

The Iraq war has not ended, 50K troops remain in combat roles despite the lies, supplemented with 70K blackwater mercenaries paid for by no bid government contracts.

Afghanistan is getting worse, and proxy wars are opening up in Yemen and Pakistan. Predator drones are wiping out whole villages and wedding parties to get 1 "suspected" militant.

Torture continues, GITMO remains open, and always, the lies.

So wtf difference is there between Obama and Bush, exactly.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So confused..

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

so bush and the repugs get 8 years but obama and the dems only gets 2?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Who said that? Nobody.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    We gave his ass 2 years. In those 2 years he sold health care "reform" and financial "reform" to insurance companies and wall street.

he hunted whistleblowers

he expanded executive branch secrecy powers

he started assassinating US citizens by presidential fiat

He did not return habeas corpus

He fought against gay rights in court

He let BP get away with the biggest environmental disaster EVER, colluded with them to bury scientific data, and let them basically police the entire gulf, arresting reporters along the way

The Iraq war has not ended, 50K troops remain in combat roles despite the lies, supplemented with 70K blackwater mercenaries paid for by no bid government contracts.

Afghanistan is getting worse, and proxy wars are opening up in Yemen and Pakistan. Predator drones are wiping out whole villages and wedding parties to get 1 "suspected" militant.

Torture continues, GITMO remains open, and always, the lies.

So wtf difference is there between Obama and Bush, exactly.
    What's ironic is that most of the Republicans and Tea Partiers who streamed to the polls in high dudgeon thought:
    • Obama slammed healthcare down the Americans' throats - and not only did they not want a universal option they didn't want anything that involved the Government in any way.
    • That Obama has been neglectful in putting whistleblower Julian Assange on the must-assassinate list
    • That Obama has "rush to shut down Gitmo and release dangerous inmates" (Republican Jess Sessions - Judiciary Committee)
    • Will be furious (See Family Research Council's reaction) about Obama supporting the repeal of DADT during a lame duck session of Congress.
    • Think that the amount of troops withdrawn from Iraq is too much and that his timetable for withdrawal from Afghanistan is too aggressive - and will be pressuring him to reverse both.
    • Do not think enough villages are being blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    What's ironic is that most of the Republicans and Tea Partiers who streamed to the polls in high dudgeon thought:
    [LIST][*]Obama slammed healthcare down the Americans' throats - and not only did they not want a universal option they didn't want anything that involved the Government in any way.
    Except for the old teabaggers who still want their social security and Medicare

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Except for the old teabaggers who still want their social security and Medicare
    Yes! Cut everything in the budget except the most expensive stuff like social security, medicare, and defense!!! And they say it with such straight faces, too.

WTF are you talking about?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

lol it deleted its post. i guess it was too crazy even by blue jam's standards.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol it deleted its post. i guess it was too crazy even by blue jam's standards.
    This comment board is not a bout Blue Jam ..... tell me where your neighbourhood is if you are ready to get into a cat fight.

Quote Originally Posted by blue Jam View Post
    This comment board is not a bout Blue Jam ..... tell me where your neighbourhood is if you are ready to get into a cat fight.

Oooh an internet tough guy. I love those.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

lol wut?

Quote Originally Posted by blue Jam View Post
    This comment board is not a bout Blue Jam .....
    About is one word.

Ok, late to the party, but wanted to add these two things, not that anyone cares.

1) My husband, a Republican to the core, voted for the Libertarian candidate for New York State Governor. I almost fell on the floor. Though, the guy seemed pretty damn cool during the Debate and came off well, so I can see how he would do that. I knew he'd lose, so I voted for Cuomo...

2) I fucking LOVE to see my idiot 'friends' on FB losing their shit over the Tea Party crap. ESPECIALLY Christine O'Donnell. It has provided me several hours of enjoyment since Tuesday..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information