Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: United States 2010 Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    California carries the country? I thought they voted against Prop 19? You gotz to be high!
    Well, California did for a long time. Maybe not now, but within the last couple of years. California had anywhere from the 5th to the 8th largest economy in the world. Now, we just have foreclosures and short sales.

Oh Iowa *sigh and shakes head*

^^I know. It's so disappointing. And I have friends who are Repugs and their blathering is getting too much to take.

Branstad? Really? I've hated him since the 80's when he kid was busted for DUI and killed somebody. But let's not send him to jail, cuz he's the Gov's son and all. and he's back. PUKE.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^ if it was good enough for ted kennedy...........

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I just feel very apathetic to the whole results to be honest. We now have a Republican governor here in Michigan (ie a so-called Nerd - whatever) and it was either him or the Mayor of Lansing whom I just didn't care about. That and because it'll take more than a new politician to bring jobs here in MI or anywhere in the Midwest.

As for the Prop 19 being voted down in Cali, I think even if it did pass there would still be drug raids on legal pot growers and people getting arrested by the Feds for "drug dealing". Pot legalization won't work on a State level, it has to be legal by the Feds which won't happen anytime soon sadly.

So pretty much, this election blew chunks and i just don't give much of a damn. :/

Sums it up pretty much, Mr. A.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It's not all bad news. A divided congress means that they will be forced to compromise. That can't be a bad thing. I am not a fan of most Gop candidates. They want to bring down spending but extend the Bush tax cuts?! That will add to our deficit. Don't like the health care plan? Then why didn't they contribute with practical solutions to our nations problem? John Boehner says that the US has the best health care system in the world. Really??? I've read studies that says France holds that honor.....and they have universal health care. If everyone doesn't have access to health care, then it is not that great. I am eager to see what the GOP plans to cut to bring down the deficit. The Tea partiers want less government but DON'T touch their SS and medicare. Maybe they don't realize that those are government programs.
    Last edited by Janet296; November 4th, 2010 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Well, California did for a long time. Maybe not now, but within the last couple of years. California had anywhere from the 5th to the 8th largest economy in the world. Now, we just have foreclosures and short sales.
    I blame the guvernator! Cali is not doing too good. Sad. But, then again - what state is doing really well right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ if it was good enough for ted kennedy...........
    BOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    I just feel very apathetic to the whole results to be honest. We now have a Republican governor here in Michigan (ie a so-called Nerd - whatever) and it was either him or the Mayor of Lansing whom I just didn't care about. That and because it'll take more than a new politician to bring jobs here in MI or anywhere in the Midwest.

As for the Prop 19 being voted down in Cali, I think even if it did pass there would still be drug raids on legal pot growers and people getting arrested by the Feds for "drug dealing". Pot legalization won't work on a State level, it has to be legal by the Feds which won't happen anytime soon sadly.

So pretty much, this election blew chunks and i just don't give much of a damn. :/
    Me too!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

a divided congress will be forced to compromise LOL.. the GOP never compromises. Ever. THe Dems are the ones who compromise everything away. The GOP has no problem shutting down the government to get what they want.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh... well, in Texas (Houston specifically) the only good thing on the ballot was the ending of the red light cameras! Suck on that!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    a divided congress will be forced to compromise LOL.. the GOP never compromises. Ever. THe Dems are the ones who compromise everything away. The GOP has no problem shutting down the government to get what they want.
    Well, I can always hope can't I?

fgg

Oh... well, in Texas (Houston specifically) the only good thing on the ballot was the ending of the red light cameras! Suck on that!
    i wish we had that!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i wish we had that!
    shit, it apparently takes a frigging act of congress to get it. those things bring in 44 million here (per year). even though they were voted out in Houston, they are STILL running today. The city apparently has a contract with a company in Arizona that runs the cameras and they have 4 years left on that contract. An interesting fact for me was that they don't improve safety or decrease accidents - they only improve revenue. And supposedly 90% of that revenue is from people turning RIGHT on red - which is NOT illegal. But, speaking as a person who got one for turning right on red, I took the easy way out and paid the $75.00 rather than taking a day off work to fight it. Now, if I can get a petition going for the 5 in Humble, I'll be a happy driver again!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

shit, it apparently takes a frigging act of congress to get it. those things bring in 44 million here (per year). even though they were voted out in Houston, they are STILL running today. The city apparently has a contract with a company in Arizona that runs the cameras and they have 4 years left on that contract. An interesting fact for me was that they don't improve safety or decrease accidents - they only improve revenue. And supposedly 90% of that revenue is from people turning RIGHT on red - which is NOT illegal. But, speaking as a person who got one for turning right on red, I took the easy way out and paid the $75.00 rather than taking a day off work to fight it. Now, if I can get a petition going for the 5 in Humble, I'll be a happy driver again!
    Damn!! Here the redlight tickets here cost about $400 to pay off and get rid of. That's the fine, plus the amount to go to traffic school. If you don't go to traffic school, then you get a point on your license and you're insurance goes up for three years. I got one and it sucked. Thankfully, most of the cameras are gone. Basically they were causing more accidents because people were slamming on their brakes at yellow lights, causing the person behind them to slam into them.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Damn!! Here the redlight tickets here cost about $400 to pay off and get rid of. That's the fine, plus the amount to go to traffic school. If you don't go to traffic school, then you get a point on your license and you're insurance goes up for three years. I got one and it sucked. Thankfully, most of the cameras are gone. Basically they were causing more accidents because people were slamming on their brakes at yellow lights, causing the person behind them to slam into them.
    They are like parking tickets here apparently. They don't count against your record, you won't go to jail if you don't pay... the only REAL point is to get the money. Here's a little excerpt from the Humble website:
    What happens if I ignore the Notice of Violation?
    Failure to pay the civil penalty or to contest liability by the due date on the Notice is an admission of liability, and failure to appear at an administrative adjudication hearing after having requested a hearing is an admission of liability and constitutes a waiver of the right to appeal. Failure to pay the civil penalty by the due date on the Notice of Violation shall result in the imposition of a late-payment fee of $25. If the second notice remains unpaid, collections proceedings and entry of a judgment against you may proceed. It may result in the County Tax Assessor-Collector refusing to register the vehicle alleged to have been in violation of the ordinance.
    Will I receive any points on my driving record for this violation?
    The civil penalty may not be recorded on the owner’s driving record and an arrest warrant may not be issued.
    Will my insurance rates be affected?
    The civil penalty may not be recorded on the owner’s driving record and an arrest warrant may not be issued.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information