Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Ultra Liberal' Barack Obama too conservative for Canada :P

You need to find a liberal country then. Your country obviously isn't liberal enough.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yes, because that happens anywhere. Everybody gets what they want.
    That rationale proves why there must be a balance between conservative and liberal.

Like I said, too liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rica View Post
    America is crazy.
    I have alot of american friends, and no disrespect to them, but I'd never want to live in America. You cant even sneeze without offending anyone...so much political correctness...and alot of other things that would drive me mad...like how there is a TV ad every 5 minutes...
    Let the stereotypes begin.

First, no one invited you. It isn't as if the US is begging people to move here.

Being politically correct stems from having manners and being polite in most cases. Maybe going back to clubbing each other over the head would be simpler.

Actually, with the number of channels we have, there is a commercial on every second of the day. Get Tivo and skip through them. You have Tivo there, don't you? Or is that another American luxury which is a disgusting display of wealth?

Please, stay where you are. If you are going to insult 300 million people based on what you know of a few, we really don't need to import haters. There are enough here.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    No one ever said the US was the center of the Universe. The US isn't asking for the world's attention, so why do so many countries seem to have their noses permanently glued into our business?
    Probably because the US injects their noses into their business.

Maybe the US isn't too conservative. Maybe other places are just too liberal?
    On what issues? Health care? Progressive taxation? The countries sputnik named have all of those to varying degrees. Controversial issues here yet no brainers in other places.

That rationale proves why there must be a balance between conservative and liberal.

Like I said, too liberal.
    That was sarcasm. You should be more liberal with sarcasm.

.. and just who determines what is "too liberal". Canada seems to function pretty well despite being WAY more liberal. In fact, we probably function a lot better.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No, the US government was under the leadership of people who liked the cause trouble. Again, you can not blame the whole for the actions of a few. Bush was disliked by Americans!

Again, those who have held power for the longest of time, regardless of which party blanket they lay under, did not always choose what was best for the people, but what was best for their pocketbooks. I have long supported health care reform, which isn't going to happen because insurance is a multi-billion dollar industry and hospitals are following that industry's lead. You don't think politicians are getting a taste of that money? While the lower earning members of this society would support progressive taxes, they do not have the funds to encourage politicians to vote in their favor. Guess who does? Dem or Repub, they both love green.

So, for me, there is a too liberal and a too conservative, but I am not naive enough to believe either side is impervious to financial encouragement clouding judgment.

No, the US government was under the leadership of people who liked the cause trouble. Again, you can not blame the whole for the actions of a few. Bush was disliked by Americans!
    But whoever leads the country, represents the country. They portray the image to other countrys about the people and how the act and their opinions.

As someone who lives in America, I am assuring you, Bush is representing only himself, his cabinet, and his family.

Unless you have had your head in the sand for the previous eight years, you would know just how vocally we have opposed his disregard for the law and expectations we have for a man in his position. He is a rogue and he doesn't represent the US as a whole.

Do go research the 2000 election.

Dunno, up till about a year ago half the country thought he was doin a bangup job.

The US hasn't just acted this way under Bush.
    Again, those who have held power for the longest of time, regardless of which party blanket they lay under, did not always choose what was best for the people, but what was best for their pocketbooks. I have long supported health care reform, which isn't going to happen because insurance is a multi-billion dollar industry and hospitals are following that industry's lead. You don't think politicians are getting a taste of that money? While the lower earning members of this society would support progressive taxes, they do not have the funds to encourage politicians to vote in their favor. Guess who does? Dem or Repub, they both love green.
    Sounds like you're in favor of more liberal issues than conservative: universal health care & public financing of elections

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    or maybe the US isn't the centre of the universe and it's the one with a skewed political scale?

not really. it's the US' left-right scale that is skewed way to the right compared to canada, europe, australia, new zealand and, you know, the rest of the world...
    and i have nothing against obama i just think it's laughable that in the US he's considered on the left.
    Not really. In the U.S. if you're pro-choice, but more conservative-leaning in some other views, you're considered more liberal than conservative because of that one issue.

And while some countries are more liberal-leaning on certain issues they are more conservative on others. So, while Obama may be considered 'conservative' in some countries he's still going to be 'considered' liberal in others.

As someone who lives in America, I am assuring you, Bush is representing only himself, his cabinet, and his family.

Unless you have had your head in the sand for the previous eight years, you would know just how vocally we have opposed his disregard for the law and expectations we have for a man in his position. He is a rogue and he doesn't represent the US as a whole.

Do go research the 2000 election.
    And I live outside America, and I can tell you that Bush has spent a long time making your country look foolish. Wether or not you want to admit it, he was a representation of your country. And being an elected leader, he is even more of a representative.
    As a nation, you have not being opposing him for 8 years or he would not have been reelected.
    Already Obama has done a lot to restore the image of Americans, but Bush is still close in the mind of those from outside the USA

^^Ahem. You seem to have missed the nod to the 2000 election. Do go brush up on that.

As for the 2004 election, the winner of the dem nomination was Bush in blue.

Do you know anything about either of those elections or do you wish to only promote your xenophobia?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Totally right on Grim - Barack Obama, right wing bastard, lol.
    Bwwwwaaaahahahahahahaaa!
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

There are a lot of pro-Bush supporters actually, so to say he is only representative of his inner circle is kind of ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    If Obama is considered 'too conservative' for Canada then that says more about Canada than it does Obama.
    Am I the only one who remembers in 2004, when Obama gave his key note address at the DNC with John Kerry, the FOX News pundits were floored and said he was too conservative to be a democrat and should be a Republican instead? They basically tried to claim him.

To look back on that is so funny now.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers in 2004, when Obama gave his key note address at the DNC with John Kerry, the FOX News pundits were floored and said he was too conservative to be a democrat and should be a Republican instead? They basically tried to claim him.

To look back on that is so funny now.
    FOX considered Obama 'too conservative' to be a Democrat because he wasn't a hardcore liberal but more centrist/moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Dunno, up till about a year ago half the country thought he was doin a bangup job.
    No they didn't. Bush's approval ratings tanked after Katrina in 2005 and never recovered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information