Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: U.S. Only Industrialized Nation With No Paid Leave For New Parents

^^ The Flying Bear ride?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ze socialicht automated kanuckistan bear themed crushing and spinning fun device

patent pending.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^

i want a bear ride.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

and aren't we lucky to be an industrialized nation and have the freedoms we have.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    A power grid is not a right

Highways are not a right

Indoor plumbing is not a right

Public education is not a right

A military is not a right

Garbage pickup is not a right

Social programs are not a right

All these things benefit society, all of these things you use every day, all of these things you pay into with taxes and not one of them is a right guaranteed by the constitution.

When you start complaining about these, start generating your own power, forging and building your own plumbing hookups, dispose of your own garbage, take yourself off every possible social program, homeschool your children, and take up arms to defend yourself.. only then can you complain about fucking maternity leave.

Till then, you're a ridiculous hypocrite with an imaginary line in the sand where you'll use THOUSANDS of things every day that aren't rights, but get in a huff about 1 other item that isn't a right either all because you have some enormous anti-child chip on your shoulder... and that's coming from someone who hates kids.

Really. It's so stupid.
    I don't know about you but I use public roads and indoor plumbing much more frequently than I go to the doctor. And you might hate kids but I don't and never said I did. I also do dispose of my own garbage and am armed and capable of defending myself, glad to know you care.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah but the point is it's not about what you use the most or not. we all have to pay for stuff we don't like with our taxes. that's part of living in a society. and IMO parental leave is part of making the workplace more family friendly, putting gender equality into practice and making sure women aren't punished professionally for choosing to have children. and that's something all women should applaud, whether they choose to have kids or not.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I don't know about you but I use public roads and indoor plumbing much more frequently than I go to the doctor. And you might hate kids but I don't and never said I did. I also do dispose of my own garbage and am armed and capable of defending myself, glad to know you care.
    Aren't you independent! Go out and find an wilderness to inhabit then, if belonging to a society is so abhorrent to you. Just don't take anything this society created, okay? That's not playing fair.

Better yet, join those societies that don't pay taxes and get nothing from the government, like the favelas of Brazil or the slums of Mumbai. That gun will REALLY help you there.

Drink the water from their fetid open sewers. Pick through trash to make a few cents a day. It will be a blast! You won't owe the ebil gov't a dime and never have to support someone else's kids.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I don't know about you but I use public roads and indoor plumbing much more frequently than I go to the doctor.
    Awesome. I'm sure I can find some rural tax paying citizens that don't want to support your toilet flushing or driving despite you using such services.

And you might hate kids but I don't and never said I did.
    *gives you a look*

I also do dispose of my own garbage and am armed and capable of defending myself, glad to know you care.
    Great. All you have to do is generate your own power, buy products that aren't government certified or tested, and go utterly off the grid and then you can whine about freaking maternity leave.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information