Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. illegal immigrants 'self deport' as woes mount

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well my vote will show how i truly feel!

see y'all at the poll bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i invite you to state your sources meticulously and/or actually speak to and make friends with illegals to see how they are. hard workers, we all take advantage and shit, if i came from a hell hole of a place w/ a corupt govt. who could care less i'd get up and run too.

Too bad we can't shift the entire tax burden imposed on us by illegals onto the shoulders of those who support them. If you had to pay your fair share AND theirs too while the rest of us laugh all the way to the bank, you'd change your attitude real quick.

Illegals OUT. NO shamnesty.

^ nobody supports them; wtf r u talking about?!!!! omg, its useless, you cant reason w/ racism and insanity.
    that being said, our borders should be fixed immediately and guess what the last time that was gonna happen, congress voted against it and that just really blows! fix the borders, then fix wats inside. i dont blame victims but in this case i blame the us govt. for not fixing this sooner and then others now using it as a scapegoat for everything thats wrong w/ this country! illegal immigrants are not our biggest or baddest problem, not by a long shot. its a distraction tactic and it worries me how gullible people can be just by getting their ingrained racism and xenophobia played on by the puppet-masters.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Whatever happened to a good old fashioned boycott and being an informed consumer? Screw the illegals; they're breaking the law. Okay, continue to spout that crap while putting money in the pockets of those who continue to hire illegals... it's not our fault; we're just American consumers, wtf do we know?!?!?!
    I boycott companies who've been repeatedly busted for using illegal labor.

As for boycotting illegal builders...good luck with that. My dad is in the business (he's not a contractor or sub) and is constantly running into serious problems on building sites that he just didn't see 5-10 years ago when the vast majority of the people doing the work were Americans or legal immigrants. Try and find a contracting company that doesn't use illegal labor these days. Go on...I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I live in Houston, too, and I don't know how you haven't seen what a problem this is, particularly in public elementary schools. Do you have children in public school in Houston? If so, be thankful that their school isn't taking the hit that the one my siblings go to is.

Our local elementary school is located in the middle of a bunch of upper middle class neighborhoods. We do not live in a "low-income" area. Unfortunately, it's also right behind an apartmentment complex that, when first built, was occupied by young professionals and recent college grads but today is mostly Mexicans and Katrina evacuees, who (although they do pay US taxes) also don't pay taxes to the city of Houston, but that's a different story! They have so many immigrants who don't speak English and whose parents refuse to put them in the ESL school that in my brother's class they had to send the English speaking kids to a separate room for 2 hours every day to do "busy work" (coloring and shit) while the teachers worked exclusively with the ESL kids. My brother regressed in every subject and according to my stepmother was 2 reading levels behind where he should have been at the end of the year (he had always been on par before that).

That elementary school has also given priority for pre-school registration to non-English speaking kids so they can get a head start on English because it's "not fair" not to give them the opportunity to start on grade level. How about this- it's not fair that my parents who are paying taxes to that school can't send their kids to preschool there and have to pay for private because all the slots are taken by the kids of illegals who refuse to send their kids to the ESL school because it's inconvenient for them and force the school to accommodate them.

I say, if they can't speak English and demand spots in English-speaking classes where they can't keep up instead of going to the ESL school, fail them. Don't penalize the other kids by taking up their class time teaching it. I believe the best solution is to simply stop accommodating them.

The elementary school I went to was faced with a similar problem. There are so many illegals living in an apartment complex called the Bentworth that the school they were zoned to couldn't accommodate them, so it got permission to bus them in to my school. It's now totally over-run by kids who don't speak English. Like my brother's school, it's gotten so bad and so overcrowded that the families living in the surrounding neighborhoods don't want to send their kids there. They are faced with two options: send your kids to a school where as English speakers they'll be in the minority or pay for private.
    *nodding* Sounds familiar...some of the staunchest supporters of public schools that I know here in Dallas have given up and started sending their kids to private schools or have moved to far-flung suburbs (after a lot of careful research) to get away from similar problems. We're not talking just white families either....whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc. All FED UP!

^ nobody supports them; wtf r u talking about?!!!! omg, its useless, you cant reason w/ racism and insanity.
    that being said, our borders should be fixed immediately and guess what the last time that was gonna happen, congress voted against it and that just really blows! fix the borders, then fix wats inside. i dont blame victims but in this case i blame the us govt. for not fixing this sooner and then others now using it as a scapegoat for everything thats wrong w/ this country! illegal immigrants are not our biggest or baddest problem, not by a long shot. its a distraction tactic and it worries me how gullible people can be just by getting their ingrained racism and xenophobia played on by the puppet-masters.
    Illegals are not victims. We, the American taxpayers, are the victims here.

Oh, and here's your race card back...you must have dropped it while you were spinning and running off on a tangent.
    Last edited by Tati; January 25th, 2008 at 08:47 AM.

I don't feel sorry for anyone that comes over here illegally period. Easy for me to say sure, however half of my family is "mexican", and yes my great grandmother is originally from Mexico, however she obtained a legal citizenship, made a life for herself and her family...I just can't feel sorry for anyone that doesn't do that.
    I understand that they want to make a better life for themeselves...however people like this are draining the system, sure the US needs to labor but hell why not just raise mininum wage, or just pay American workers more, and I can bet that MANY people would love to have those jobs.

Ya know-all of my forefathers came over legally-and I damn well expect everyone else to be legal also. Another thing-we have Russians,South Americans,Spanish,Frech,Hungarian,Korean,Japanese-guess what? They ALL leaned English. Never when I call my bank do I hear "Press 1 for Chinese".
    I don't know why, but it seems in our area (DFW) we seem to have so many drunk drivers here illegally-found out after they kill someone...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Ya know-all of my forefathers came over legally-and I damn well expect everyone else to be legal also. Another thing-we have Russians,South Americans,Spanish,Frech,Hungarian,Korean,Japanese-guess what? They ALL leaned English. Never when I call my bank do I hear "Press 1 for Chinese".
    I don't know why, but it seems in our area (DFW) we seem to have so many drunk drivers here illegally-found out after they kill someone...
    And just check out your insurance policy sometime and see how much that uninsured motorist coverage costs you. It'd be nice to not have to have that, but realistically in DFW if you don't have it you're playing with fire.

I cannot support alot of these illegal 'immigrants' because they are really not 'immigrants' in the true sense. They are simply opportunistic illegal 'guest workers' who come here to work, save all of their money they make, and then send it off..to another country! Just like was mentioned about the guy in the article..he put his children through school..not here..but there!

True Immigrants come into the country and make new lives for themselves. They either assimilate into their surrounding communities or establish PERMANENT communities of their own-that is the history of immigration in this country-the people come here..to STAY here. Many of these people are just coming here to make more money than they were at home, make it for as long as they can, ship it off to support some other nations economy, and then when things get tough-they simply leave. Many if not most have no roots here, have no intention of staying here, settling here. They are here for one reason. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and as soon as that dries up, they are gone. And I am talking mostly about the illegals here. This is the truth-this is why they are here. only for the dollars-which are quickly shipped OUT of the US.

I am hardly a racist, I am a liberal all the way. But this is just ridiculous. You have illegals exploiting on one end, and you have the corporations and companies on the other hand exploiting them, a sick symbiotic relationship that does nothing really good in the long term for the nation, or the nation's economy.

Sorry if this is offensive, but it is not meant to be, just how I see the situation. Other nations are allowed to protect their borders..why can't we? Can we just ship them to YOUR nation(if you are not in the US) if it bothers you so?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

This is ridiculous and just a slap in the face for the hard working LEGAL immigrants who come here looking to really assimilate, work hard, and give something back to society. The racism card is getting really really old - I support immigrants of all colors, as long as they come here LEGALLY. Thats the code word here. We are a nation full of immigrants, the difference is that our ancestors learned the language, paid their dues, and assimilated to society. Its bullshit that my husband and many many others have paid their dues to get here and others just walk right over the line, not giving a damn about contributing anything to our society. It makes the whole legal immigration thing a joke. When my husband applied for his visa, we were told we were lucky we didn't live on the west coast because the immigration office is overflowing there with so much crap from the illegals that they are having a hard time moving forward with processing the legal requests to come over. Thats not fair. I sincerely don't understand why some people just don't have a problem with this.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Oh, and here's your race card back...you must have dropped it while you were spinning and running off on a tangent. Oh snap!!!!!!!!!

Thats not fair. I sincerely don't understand why some people just don't have a problem with this. Well, January, that is because you are really an ignorant racist deep down (even if you don't know it, just ask Alice) and you simply cannot be reasoned with. Go ask Alice, she'll tell you what you really think. I'd like to borrow her crystal ball so I can read minds,too.

well my vote will show how i truly feel!

see y'all at the poll bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    which potential presidential candidate supports illegal immigrant issues? seriously, i don't know. is there one who has publicly declared him/herself to be like that?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    which potential presidential candidate supports illegal immigrant issues? seriously, i don't know. is there one who has publicly declared him/herself to be like that?
    Some of them pander to Hispanic Americans by being pro-shamnesty. If I was Hispanic I might be offended by their assumption that Hispanics by and large support amnesty. None of the Hispanics I know do.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Some of them pander to Hispanic Americans by being pro-shamnesty. If I was Hispanic I might be offended by their assumption that Hispanics by and large support amnesty. None of the Hispanics I know do.
    I know. If I remember right, 1/2 of Hispanic voters in Arizona voted to ban illegal aliens from receiving public benefits. That number is even counting all of the illegal aliens who vote in our elections (and you would be surprised to know how many illegals are fraudently voting in our elections).

I have no idea why this has been turned into a race issue. People are trying to say white people are racist for not wanting illegal aliens here, but it makes perfect sense for mestizo Hispanics who are legal immigrants and American citizens to support illegal aliens on the basis of them being the same race? That logic puzzles me (maybe AliceInWonderland can explain it to us). Low income Hispanics are some of the people being hit hardest by illegal immigration. Illegals are taking their jobs, and ruining their neighborhoods/school districts.

But I think most candidates in this election pander to illegal aliens, especially the Democrats. The Democrats know the illegal aliens are popping out tons of anchor babies, and it is only a matter of time until the anchor babies grow up and can vote for them, as the Democrats will promise them lots of welfare and other benefits (funded by us of course). They want the illegal aliens and anchor babies here so they can turn America into a huge welfare state (and of course because they are funded by La Raza and other Hispanic supremacist groups). I am supporting Mitt Romney, because he seems to be the only candidate taking the illegal immigration issue seriously. Mike Huckabee and John McCain are pro-illegal immigrants, just like Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    john mccain, he has some smart logical points actually.

All I want to add to this heated debate is this:

Don't you people think that all illegal immigrants would much rather be legal immigrants? It's not like they get to choose.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information