Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. illegal immigrants 'self deport' as woes mount

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i think there's nothing more american/capitalistic than people leaving everything they know behind including family and loved ones in order to make a better lives for themselves legal or otherwise. i dont get all the hate, except that it is usually just racism pure and simple.
    The anger is because millions of people have entered our country unlawfully, and are destroying the quality of life for Americans.

We don't have the resources to allow every person who wishes to make a better life for his or herself to come to our country. That's why immigration is supposed to be controlled, so immigrants who have the skills our economy needs are the ones being let into the country. That's not what's happening. Millions of very uneducated and unskilled people are sneeking over our borders, and wrecking havoc on communities. They are undercutting the wages of our unskilled and uneducated. They contribute very little in taxes, so are costing the tax payers thousands and thousands of dollars to pay for their children's education, public benefits, incarceration, births, etc. I should not have to support someone from another country's better life. That should be the job of that country and its citizens. There are plenty of needy people in this country who could use the money we spend on illegals. The American people are being used to subsidize big business' cheap labor, and as a welfare system for Mexico and Central America's poor. They are exporting their poverty to our nation, and then the leaders of those nations become offended when the American people speak out against people who are unlawfully in our country stealing resources from Americans and legal immigrants.

As for playing the race card, that's what all illegal alien apologists do. When they don't have the facts or arguments to back up their viewpoint, they try to silence debate by labeling everyone who is rightfully concerned about the very real negative effects of illegal immigration a racist. Give me a break. Do I appreciate seeing Mexicans spit on the American flag, or trying to change our culture into a Spanish speaking one? No. Do I appreciate the culture of gangs, teen pregnancies, and a lack of emphasis on education some uneducated illegal aliens are bringing to our country? Not one bit. But I'm no racist. The idea that we dislike illegals just because they are natives of Mexico is ridiculous. It's politically correct lunacy. The American people are not even allowed to stand up for ourselves when we are being taken advantage of, or we are a "bunch of evil white racists." Give me a break. Go try to sell that spin elsewhere.

Silver Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Good. Now maybe they will stop forcing my kids to learn
    Spanish in school.
    it is time for Americans to start playing the "race card"
    start demanding that French, German, Chinese and Japanese and other languages be taught in schools along Spanish

children have a right to know about their cultural background aka "la raza"

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Oh please what?

I invite you to come to Dallas and see how illegals are destroying entire communities here.

Come see hospital emergency rooms here, brimming with illegals who don't speak English, getting care at the expense of the taxpayers.

Come see schools here, brimming with the legal and illegal children of illegal immigrants. Check out how much money the state spends on them...money that should be spent on American children and the children of LEGAL immigrants. You'll stagger in disbelief at the state of our schools...we could fix a lot of the problems with the money we're currently spending on bilingual education and an army of translators.

Come talk to police officers here, who know damn well what's going on but who are often discouraged from doing their jobs because Dallas is a sanctuary city. Talk to them about their frustration at having to let people they KNOW are illegal go because Dallas won't play ball with ICE.

Come talk to blue collar workers here, who are helplessly watching their standard of living go down the toilet as they are undercut by illegal subcontractors who do shoddy work and who are completely and totally unaccountable.

Come talk to the residents of Dallas. Plano. Richardson. Garland. Grand Prairie. Arlington. Farmer's Branch. Etc. about how illegals are invading and destroying once-proud neighborhoods of independent businesses and modest but well-kept homes.

Illegals are destroying this country with every job they take, with every anchor baby they birth, with every neighborhood they ruin, with every accident they stroll away from because they're uninsured, with every hospital they force into bankruptcy because they cannot...or WILL not...pay their bills.

As for your assertion that people who are anti-illegal are racist...some of the most forceful anti-illegals I know are black or Hispanic. So much for that.
    i invite you to state your sources meticulously and/or actually speak to and make friends with illegals to see how they are. hard workers, we all take advantage and shit, if i came from a hell hole of a place w/ a corupt govt. who could care less i'd get up and run too.

and PR; you need to adapt. if you dont like how others act, dont be like them and become financially independent so you dont have to depend on anyone or the govt. and educate yourself and learn how not to pay the taxes you feel you are paying that only go to illegals or watever yur whacked out perception is making you believe.

actually speak to and make friends with illegals to see how they are. hard workers, we all take advantage and shit
    I live in Texas. I know plenty of illegals. Their situation is sad, but it doesn't excuse them breaking the law. If they want to get out, they need to do it the right way- there are plenty of immigrants who apply and come here legally to improve things for their families.

My dad is a hard worker too- at his job where he pays taxes to support the illegals and their kids who demand total accommodation and a free ride. His hard-earned tax money pays for the illegals' kids to get their OWN ESL SCHOOL instead of the tax-paying citizens' kids getting new computers. It pays for the American kids to regress academically because the teachers are having to spend so much time teaching the illegals- many of whose parents refuse to teach them English and won't put them in the designated ESL school because they want them to go to the National Exemplary School next door to their apartment complex- basic things like how to read.

And I have to disagree with you- we don't all take advantage. Everyone I know actually works and pays taxes.

educate yourself and learn how not to pay the taxes you feel you are paying that only go to illegals or watever yur whacked out perception is making you believe.
    What?? Delinquency may work just fine for the illegals but I don't think that committing the crime of tax evasion is a reasonable solution for most people.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i invite you to state your sources meticulously and/or actually speak to and make friends with illegals to see how they are. hard workers, we all take advantage and shit, if i came from a hell hole of a place w/ a corupt govt. who could care less i'd get up and run too.

and PR; you need to adapt. if you dont like how others act, dont be like them and become financially independent so you dont have to depend on anyone or the govt. and educate yourself and learn how not to pay the taxes you feel you are paying that only go to illegals or watever yur whacked out perception is making you believe.
    Way to make ASSumptions. I am financially independent. I pay my own way; I'm not on any government welfare program. I would be embarassed to take handouts.

Guess what? I work hard, too. I pay my taxes - because I am a law-abiding citizen of this nation. I have no idea how you would suggest I get out of paying taxes. I'd be in jail if that were to happen. Legal citizens of this nation are not afforded the same privliges as the illegal aliens. They pay no taxes, and enjoy all the fruits of our labor. What a great situation for them.

I could direct you to all kinds of sites that lay out how much illegal aliens are costing American tax payers, but you don't seem to be interested in listening to anyone. Many people have explained to you how illegal aliens are destroying the quality of life in their area, and you don't seem to accept any of it. We get it. Many illegals are hard workers and nice people. That doesn't excuse their lawbreaking and sponging off of the American tax payers. If the situation is not ideal in their nations, perhaps they should work for positive change. Why would the corrupt elite in Mexico make any changes when they have the option of pushing their poor onto the American people to take care of?

If illegals want to immigrate to this country, get in line and do it the legal way like everyone else. I have no sympathy for those who think they are above the law. Illegal aliens are not wanted in this nation by the vast majority of the American people. You'd think they would take the hint and leave. But no, even more of them insist on flooding into this nation. Now that the economy isn't doing so well, maybe people will say enough is enough.

buh bye!!!

as a side note, how did the woman in the article work as a hairdresser for 3 years? aren't they required to go to school & be licensed by the state? how did she pull that off being illegal...??

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Way to make ASSumptions. I am financially independent. I pay my own way; I'm not on any government welfare program. I would be embarassed to take handouts.

Guess what? I work hard, too. I pay my taxes - because I am a law-abiding citizen of this nation. I have no idea how you would suggest I get out of paying taxes. I'd be in jail if that were to happen. Legal citizens of this nation are not afforded the same privliges as the illegal aliens. They pay no taxes, and enjoy all the fruits of our labor. What a great situation for them.

I could direct you to all kinds of sites that lay out how much illegal aliens are costing American tax payers,
    but you don't seem to be interested in listening to anyone. Many people have explained to you how illegal aliens are destroying the quality of life in their area, and you don't seem to accept any of it. We get it. Many illegals are hard workers and nice people. That doesn't excuse their lawbreaking and sponging off of the American tax payers. If the situation is not ideal in their nations, perhaps they should work for positive change. Why would the corrupt elite in Mexico make any changes when they have the option of pushing their poor onto the American people to take care of?

If illegals want to immigrate to this country, get in line and do it the legal way like everyone else. I have no sympathy for those who think they are above the law. Illegal aliens are not wanted in this nation by the vast majority of the American people. You'd think they would take the hint and leave. But no, even more of them insist on flooding into this nation. Now that the economy isn't doing so well, maybe people will say enough is enough.
    good then do it; direct to WEB SITES because they are soooooooooooo reliable afterall and so are the people behind them! and i didnt make any assumptions about you personally but thats all u ppl are doing is assuming that illegals are all on govt. aide or some shit! and that just ain't the case. and im not saying to be a deliquent but i for one dont depend on anyone for anything and therefore watch over very carefully what i do with my money and suggest you do the same. take that for what its worth.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

You know what's funny; I've tried to look up the actual numbers of illegal children in ratio to legal children that are so terribly taxing to our (TEXAS) public school system and overflowing out of our hospitals... all I find is anti immigration propaganda sites. The only official sites don't list exact figures. I live in Houston; I've actually visited the Ben Taub emergency room, I've gone to public schools, and I drive past public schools daily... they do not appear to be overflowing with immigrants. Yes, there is illegal immigration and yes tax payer funds go to cover that but those of you who seem to think that illegal immigration is the only source of fiscal instability are seriously mistaken. Immigrants are ruing entire communities? Ummm, how? They live where the rent is really cheap and the buildings and upkeep is usually substandard and then they go work for shit pay building new suburban sprawl all over the outskirts of Houston and Dallas. Then calling out the quality of their work; wtf? That's not an illegal immigration problem; that's a shitty sub contractor problem. Instead of everyone bitching about these illegal aliens why don't you get up off your ass and actually do something and I don't mean vote to make everyone prove citizenship to rent or banning ESL; I mean actually calling out the builders that use illegal aliens, stop wearing clothes (especially the ones Made In USA; those are usually made in stateside sweatshops filled with ILLEGALS), start growing your own fucking vegetables and fruits instead of buying from mass producers who hire migrant (usually illegal) workers to pick and process, stop dining in restaraunts until they can prove all staff is here legally, refuse to call customer service for anything because it's probably been outsourced,... I can't believe how ignorant some people are. Unless you are wearing a home grown/made burlap sack, live in a shack you built yourself, and grow all your own food then YES YOU DO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ILLEGAL LABOR; so quit bitching, stop using it, and stop supporting companies that do.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^When every company is employing illegals it becomes very challenging to purchase goods that have not been produced in some way by illegals. I don't think the onus is on the legal visitors or citizens to either do without necessities or make everything they use from scratch in order to address the issue.

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned boycott and being an informed consumer? Screw the illegals; they're breaking the law. Okay, continue to spout that crap while putting money in the pockets of those who continue to hire illegals... it's not our fault; we're just American consumers, wtf do we know?!?!?!

Wow it got plenty heated in here. Try not to make things to personal okay guys?

I live in Houston, too, and I don't know how you haven't seen what a problem this is, particularly in public elementary schools. Do you have children in public school in Houston? If so, be thankful that their school isn't taking the hit that the one my siblings go to is.

Our local elementary school is located in the middle of a bunch of upper middle class neighborhoods. We do not live in a "low-income" area. Unfortunately, it's also right behind an apartmentment complex that, when first built, was occupied by young professionals and recent college grads but today is mostly Mexicans and Katrina evacuees, who (although they do pay US taxes) also don't pay taxes to the city of Houston, but that's a different story! They have so many immigrants who don't speak English and whose parents refuse to put them in the ESL school that in my brother's class they had to send the English speaking kids to a separate room for 2 hours every day to do "busy work" (coloring and shit) while the teachers worked exclusively with the ESL kids. My brother regressed in every subject and according to my stepmother was 2 reading levels behind where he should have been at the end of the year (he had always been on par before that).

That elementary school has also given priority for pre-school registration to non-English speaking kids so they can get a head start on English because it's "not fair" not to give them the opportunity to start on grade level. How about this- it's not fair that my parents who are paying taxes to that school can't send their kids to preschool there and have to pay for private because all the slots are taken by the kids of illegals who refuse to send their kids to the ESL school because it's inconvenient for them and force the school to accommodate them.

I say, if they can't speak English and demand spots in English-speaking classes where they can't keep up instead of going to the ESL school, fail them. Don't penalize the other kids by taking up their class time teaching it. I believe the best solution is to simply stop accommodating them.

The elementary school I went to was faced with a similar problem. There are so many illegals living in an apartment complex called the Bentworth that the school they were zoned to couldn't accommodate them, so it got permission to bus them in to my school. It's now totally over-run by kids who don't speak English. Like my brother's school, it's gotten so bad and so overcrowded that the families living in the surrounding neighborhoods don't want to send their kids there. They are faced with two options: send your kids to a school where as English speakers they'll be in the minority or pay for private.
    Last edited by southernbelle; January 24th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Southernbelle, taxes are paid by the property owners... the same people who collect rent from these illegal aliens. Illegal aliens may not be having federal income tax withheld; but we don't have income tax in Texas. Illegals are actually contributing to the City of Houston and the county in which they reside through rent and sales tax... so they are paying the school district in which they reside and their children attend.

I hope that somehow they're paying more since they're getting all of the benefits that our kids get PLUS special programs, books, and schools just for them. I feel like even if they are putting in money, they're costing us more than they're contributing.

Should we also make the parents of children with learning disabilities pay more? We're going with the given that in Texas they're contributing towards property taxes which go to directly to the school district in which they reside... how about we go back and retroactively charge anyone who was ever held back for that extra year of education they received at our expense.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information