Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: U.S. illegal immigrants 'self deport' as woes mount

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^^That insinuation has come up plenty in this thread. Please don't compel me to comb through all 12 pages and find quotes. I'm honestly worn out over this thread and don't know how much more I can keep posting or even lurking here.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Yeah, I know alot of people in the building industry from the actual developers to the guys who lay tile... I'm still not feeling you there.
    Come to Dallas and I'll take you to some building sites. Wear a blue shirt that says I.C.E. in huge letters on the back. Watch them scatter.

^^That sounds like fun! I'll bet you could make your own shirt and do the rounds just fo' shits and giggles. If you wanted to be down right mean, you could take licence plate pics of the runners and send 'em to the real ICE...
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    ^^That sounds like fun! I'll bet you could make your own shirt and do the rounds just fo' shits and giggles. If you wanted to be down right mean, you could take licence plate pics of the runners and send 'em to the real ICE...
    Some people do do this and film it, it's probably all over YouTube. I don't, though, because I don't have to do it to prove to myself that building sites here are largely populated by illegals.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Some people do do this and film it, it's probably all over YouTube. I don't, though, because I don't have to do it to prove to myself that building sites here are largely populated by illegals.
    Yeah, I'm sure there are illegals working in construction; I never said they weren't. What I want to hear about is a US citizen who is skilled and can't get work in construction.

Crumpet, regarding the race thing yeah it's been thrown about in this thread I'm not oblivious. I was commenting on the post you were quoting.

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm sure there are illegals working in construction; I never said they weren't. What I want to hear about is a US citizen who is skilled and can't get work in construction.

Crumpet, regarding the race thing yeah it's been thrown about in this thread I'm not oblivious. I was commenting on the post you were quoting.
    I would advise you to do your own research. Given your attitude during this debate it seems that you are not willing to accept anything that I say as the truth. It doesn't matter that construction sites here in Dallas used to have mostly Americans (of all colors) on them and now they don't, I suppose. Would it help if I could provide you with a telephone number? How do you know it's not some random guy I know that I instructed to tell you what you want to hear? It's all a conspiracy.

It naturally follows that the Americans who used to work there now no longer do, i.e. they were undercut by illegal labor. This happens all over the country; illegals do not only wash dishes or pick vegetables.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

My attitude? What the fuck ever... anyway. I work in an industry in which I work closely with builders and developers in fact I just did a closing for one of our builder's supers... we had a lovely little discussion regarding employment practices... maybe your rainbow family or unemployed US citizen construction workers need to move to Houston because it sounds like Dallas is fucked.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by deckchick View Post
    Wow, just wow is all I can say. Your ignorance is just stunning. And I mean that in the kindest way. I was going to write a big ole reply with a bunch of links and stats, but then I realized that there really is no point. I have to address a couple of things though,

1. Canada does have illegal immigrants, and it's a huge problem here.

2. US policy does affect Canada, case in point is the war in Afghanistan. You guys basically pulled out of there to go start your illegal war in Iraq. Speaking Iraq, that is what is draining your economy, do you have any idea how many billions and billions of dollars has been spent and continues to be spent there? That is a big reason your economy is in the toilet, not the illegal immigrants.

3. Mexico and Latin America sucks because in US interference. It's not all your fault, but you guys really don't help.

Carry on with your misguided beliefs, good luck. You will need it.
    1. Canada has an estimated 35,000 to 120,000 illegal immigrants. There are 12-20 million, and maybe even more illegal immigrants in the US. Even considering the population difference between the US and Canada, illegal immigration is a MUCH greater problem in this country. (And your countrymen don't seem too sympathetic to illegal immigrants Canadians want illegal immigrants deported: poll

2. I never said illegal immigrants are the main or only problem with the US economy. Quit putting words in my mouth. I said they are a problem. Other serious problems are our trade policy, the outsourcing of jobs, the war in Iraq, healthcare, education, etc. I don't feel too optimistic about this country's future with all of the serious problems it has, and our spineless puppet politicians' inability to effectively deal with any of them.

3. I am tired of people blaming the US for other country's failures. I know the NAFTA treaty has been a reason for incresed illegal immigration, as some peasant farmers can no longer make a living with subsidized US agricultural goods on the market. BUT NAFTA was a huge loss for American workers as well. We lost thousands of manufacturing jobs to Mexico. And you don't see American ex-manufacturing workers streaming across the border to Canada or Mexico to illegally obtain a job. Mexico is the cause of its own failure as a nation. The corruption in that country certainly is a huge contributing factor, the awful education system, and the fact policies benefit the small elite even more so than here in the US (low tax rate, few if any social welfare benefits (and if you are an illegal Guatemalan in Mexico, forget about receiving even emergency medical care, let alone any other benefits. Mexico cries when the American people don't want be used as the welfare and healthcare system of Mexico, but they turn around and treat their illegal immigrants horribly.)

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post
    The people who are contantly complaining that illegals are "what is
    wrong with this country" are like car on the highway doing fourty while
    everyone else is passing them by, so step up before you cause an
    accident. This country will not be turned into 1940's Germany where
    people are going to be forced to identify themselves as "legal" by
    wearing something on their person so that a "concerned citizen" will
    not
    mistake them for undocumented and have the police pound on their doors
    at 3am or be stopped because he/she fits a profile.

Instead of talking about "anchor babies" like they are some kind of
    subspecies, you should best remember that you are talking about
    Americans even if their parents are not. Talking about cutting off
    access to schools or other services because of "status" is completely
    stupid and in the end we will be hurting ourselves. Those kids are not
    going anywhere, and all your opposition today is just breeding
    uneducated Americans that will be ill-equiped to compete in tomorrow's
    world.

All the while, the arguing on whether Jose or John gets that
    dishwashing
    job, the U.S. falls behind while other countries pass us by. We have
    people all over the world dying to be Americans and all people care
    about is me me me or "what is in it for me". Well go ahead and blame
    all the evils on the backs of the undocumented who don't have two dimes
    to rub together while the powerful companies continue to outsource your
    coveted jobs all the while backed by their legions of lawyers who say
    it's legal. But i guess it is more sporting to go after the ones you
    know are easy prey than to really admit where the problem is. Stop
    thinking short-term and start seeing things further than just the end
    of
    your noses. All this arguing is only taking up precious time while the
    "anchor babies" as it's been so eloquently put, become uneducated men
    and women along with all your children. Oh, and whoever said they have
    the token latino friends, please stop. You embarrassing yourself. We
    are not a token you can use when you feel like making a point.
    I never said illegal immigrants are the main or only problem with this country. I said they are a huge problem. You may choose to ignore that, and sympathize with lawbreakers on account of your ethnicity, but I let facts formulate my opinions. And It doesn't help your cause to equate Latinos to illegal immigrants (when most Latinos in this country are not illegal immigrants). Stop acting like illegal immigrants are above the law because they are brown.

And I will continue to talk about anchor babies, because I believe many women are coming over the border and having a child in order to use their child to claim benefits, and put roots down here in the US. I believe all children of illegals should be denied American citizenship. And it's not my fault their anti-education culture has created such horrible and overcrowded school districts like LA Unified.

Plus, many of these illegal immigrants DO NOT want to be Americans, like you are insinuating. They are here ONLY for the money, and they don't have the skills to make it in their home country. That's why you see so many people walking around waving the Mexican flag, refusing to learn English, and living in neighborhoods totally cut off from American culture. They are here for the MONEY. To benefit from the society our ancestors built, so spare me the sob stories about how people are dying to come here so they can wave the American flag. We all know this is not the case.

Very good post purple rain. I don't agree with it, but I can at least respect it.
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by deckchick View Post
    Very good post purple rain. I don't agree with it, but I can at least respect it.
    She speaks true. I have no quarrel with those who genuinely want to become a citizen. I see plenty that do not.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What I want to hear about is a US citizen who is skilled and can't get work in construction.
    My brother is one and my best friend's husband is the second. Perhaps this is something to do with north TX and Dallas because both people live in that area.

Its disgusting and disheartening. My best friend's husband Cory is very skilled in construction and he would have done anything to get on a crew but could not get hired.

Personally, I'm in favor of America spending a good amount of money on working to make Mexico more livable and less corrupt. Thats about the only way to stop the mass immigration flow that is costing America so much money anyway. People are very logical: they are leaving Mexico because they can't get work, living conditions are terrible and they want better wages. We can build a fence to Mars and that wont solve those problems. We'd be much further ahead to put our anti-immigration dollars into helping Mexico be less of a third-world country. Granted, this is likely to never happen, but if I were in charge, thats what I'd advocate.

^^ That's basically what John McCain advocates.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    My brother is one and my best friend's husband is the second. Perhaps this is something to do with north TX and Dallas because both people live in that area.

Its disgusting and disheartening. My best friend's husband Cory is very skilled in construction and he would have done anything to get on a crew but could not get hired.

Personally, I'm in favor of America spending a good amount of money on working to make Mexico more livable and less corrupt. Thats about the only way to stop the mass immigration flow that is costing America so much money anyway. People are very logical: they are leaving Mexico because they can't get work, living conditions are terrible and they want better wages. We can build a fence to Mars and that wont solve those problems. We'd be much further ahead to put our anti-immigration dollars into helping Mexico be less of a third-world country. Granted, this is likely to never happen, but if I were in charge, thats what I'd advocate.
    I totally agree with this. Mexico is a country with a lot of natural resources and great beauty. I am sure it could be a great country with the right changes.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information