Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: U.S. illegal immigrants 'self deport' as woes mount

The Republicans can't keep their hands off my crotch
    That's some hot firecrotch you got goin
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hey, I wasn't advocating for mass deportations, just that they kick their efforts up a notch to enforce the current immigration laws.

One example I see in my own state that I wish would change, is that local law enforcement would be given the right to contact INS when they have an illegal prisoner (I think they might be changing this now). Ship them home. They have them right there and proof that they're illegal. Why should we have to pay to incacerate them when they're not even legal? Bye!

As for the kids and broken families, well...if the kids and spouses are illegal, send them home too.

I don't care what color your skin or eyes are. If you're breaking the law, I have no sympathy for you. If you're taking more than you contribute, I think you're a POS. If you constantly expect people to give you things that you're not entitled to or haven't earned, I have no use for you. If you aren't able to take personal responsibility for yourself and your actions, get lost. I equally apply that stance to everyone. I'm pretty black and white. I feel that way about anybody, any situation.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    The modern Democrat party has pissed all over FDR's dreams in order to pander to various constituencies so they'll elect them....then they turn around and don't do shit for them. The Republicans are worse. I think I may just stay home this year on Election Day.
    That's why the elections always suck for me. The Republicans can't keep their hands off my crotch and the Democrats can't keep their grubby paws out of my pocketbook!

And I disagree in that what I cited was how CHILDREN would be affected-nothing voluntary there, no choice there.
    Sojita: I resent it when anyone tries to play the kiddie card and suggest that acceptions be made 'for the children(TM)'. I think the onus for not breaking up families should fall on the shoulders of the people who chose to gamble on trying to get into another country illegally. It's bad enough that people have anchor babies to get away with staying here. No one calls them out on 'using' their kids to get what they want. Sometimes when you gamble you lose and it isn't someone else's fault it didn't work out the way you planned.

It won't be the wealthy 'upper classes' who will suffer when their bills go up - they can afford it. It's the poorer people who will bear the brunt of the increased cost of living.
    You mean the same poorer people whose jobs are primarily the ones that are going to illegals who work for so much less? Those? Because an illegal workforce doesn't personally affect an upper middle class professional like me, but I actually do have concern about the other people that is does impact.
    Wow..'the kiddie card'. that is a new one. Just wow. Nothing else.

*Yes..something else..I am just done with this thread.
    Last edited by Sojiita; January 30th, 2008 at 02:03 PM.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I disagree with alot of your points. Especially the parts about denying citizenship to anyone born here..that is a part of Americana IMO. And the part about the poor 'not being able to pay taxes' stuff at the end. You do realize this is a nation of immigrants..most who arrived here DIRT POOR..you do remember the Statue of Liberty and the Emma Lazarus stuff from previous in this thread..'Give me..your poor.." That is the American way. Give them a chance and they will aspire like any other group. Keep them down, pidgeon hole them, etc. and you will simply add to/create a permanent underclass.

I just detect alot of elitism in this thread and it is disturbing to me. I also wonder how people would be reacting if these illegals were blond haired, blue eyed, lily white, and spoke perfect English. '(This is not directed at any particular poster btw).

I agree that the situation is not fair..especially to those who are waiting to get here legally..but the fact is the illegals who are already here should be allowed to stay here if they want to assimilate-absorbing them into the nation fully would actually be the best way to deal with them IMHO. And to try and ferret them out, get rid of them, would cost more in the long run IMO then absorbing them. I think if you want to do something about this problem you need to stop it where it begins. Where and how they get in to begin with.-now how do you do that..that is the question.

And also along with that, crack down on the fucking companies who are attracting and exploiting this group of people. The ones who are making the most money offof the illegals are not the average American anyway, it is the upper class power holding segment that is benefiting the most..as the always benefit the most from just about anything.
    Yes, and poor immigrants of yesteryears did not have the same assoicated negative cost to this nation, because we did not have a generous social welfare system in the past. My great-grandparents arrived here legally, and were poor, even though they were educated. They worked hard for a modest living, and they received no government hand outs to suppliment their income, like the illegal immigrants do today. And they spoke English to their children, because they wanted to be Americans first and foremost. And their children walked miles to attend school, and studied hard to become successful. Do you see the children of illegal immigrants doing that? I don't. Over 1/2 of them are dropping out of high school, and their test scores as an overall group are not good. They tend to ruin whatever school districts they go to with overcrowding, ESL issues, etc. The children of illegals HAVE been given a chance - with a free education, and many of them are willfully choosing to become part of a permanent underclass.

Let me ask you this, do you live in an area that has a significant illegal immigrant population? I suspect you may not, or are not affected/paying attention to problems that arise for communities that have significant illegal immigrant populations. You are taking an idealist position.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I bet you the people who bitch and moan about 'illegals' will be the first and loudest to bitch and moan when they have to start paying higher prices for their goods and services if employers are forced to pay decent wages. It won't be the wealthy 'upper classes' who will suffer when their bills go up - they can afford it. It's the poorer people who will bear the brunt of the increased cost of living.
    If illegal immigrants weren't suppressing American wages, if jobs weren't being shipped to China/India or whereever else, perhaps the American people wouldn't be suffering from stagnant real wages. The lowest class of people in this country has suffered a loss in real wages over the past decade, as their income hasn't risen enough to keep up with inflation. Yes, there may be a cost associated with rooting out a significant number of illegal immigrants from our country/economy, but I think the effect of wages rising in relation to that means it would not hurt the American consumer as much as you suspect. Illegal immigrants have formed informal economies in this country, where they work off the books for low wages, undercutting the salaries of our unskilled population. Those people, who are some of the poorest in our country, would see the greatest gain from rooting out illegal immigrants from our country/economy.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Hey, I wasn't advocating for mass deportations, just that they kick their efforts up a notch to enforce the current immigration laws.

One example I see in my own state that I wish would change, is that local law enforcement would be given the right to contact INS when they have an illegal prisoner (I think they might be changing this now). Ship them home. They have them right there and proof that they're illegal. Why should we have to pay to incacerate them when they're not even legal? Bye!

As for the kids and broken families, well...if the kids and spouses are illegal, send them home too.

I don't care what color your skin or eyes are. If you're breaking the law, I have no sympathy for you. If you're taking more than you contribute, I think you're a POS. If you constantly expect people to give you things that you're not entitled to or haven't earned, I have no use for you. If you aren't able to take personal responsibility for yourself and your actions, get lost. I equally apply that stance to everyone. I'm pretty black and white. I feel that way about anybody, any situation.
    I agree with you. Law enforcement should have the ability to check immigration status, and deport illegal immigrants if they are found to be breaking a law. Sanctuary city policies should all be struck down, IMO.

I also have no sympathy when illegal aliens cry about job site raids/enforcement "breaking up families." They have chosen to break the law, and they must suffer the consequences of that choice. If that means leaving their American-born children behind when they have to leave this country, or taking them back to their home country, that is the consequence of the choice they made to break the law. Like you, I have no sympathy for law breakers. I don't sympathize with or support those who think they can jump the line in front of everybody in the world who is waiting to get into this country legally, and like the illegals, wants a better life, but does things the right way.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So unskilled people are being denied work? I still have yet to meet anyone crying in their beer because they couldn't get a job mowing lawns and bussing tables.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I bet you the people who bitch and moan about 'illegals' will be the first and loudest to bitch and moan when they have to start paying higher prices for their goods and services if employers are forced to pay decent wages. It won't be the wealthy 'upper classes' who will suffer when their bills go up - they can afford it. It's the poorer people who will bear the brunt of the increased cost of living.
    I've said it before and I will say it again. I would not mind paying a little more for goods and services to avoid exploiting black market labor. The low cost of the labor is not keeping prices low, though; please realize that we have had an above-ideal inflation rate here for several years, which is why the Fed ramped up interest rates quickly some time ago. The inflation has happened in tandem with the explosion of illegal immigrant labor. Clearly they are not keeping prices low. All the illegal labor does is increase profit margins for corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    Let me ask you this, do you live in an area that has a significant illegal immigrant population? I suspect you may not, or are not affected/paying attention to problems that arise for communities that have significant illegal immigrant populations. You are taking an idealist position.
    I suspected as much myself. I live in Dallas, a city with a massive illegal immigrant population. For people not talented in geography Dallas is the third-largest city in Texas, which is a border state. I see the effects of illegal immigration every single day. All I have to do is take one step out of my house and I'm living it.

I think it's sort of funny that people would assume that since I'm anti-illegal, I must also be a racist. Since I'm from a very cosmopolitan metro area, I've been around all kinds of people from all over the world, of all races and creeds, my entire life. If I didn't like Hispanics, I wouldn't live in Texas. You can't really live here if you don't like them; it would drive you insane. They comprise a significant portion of the population here. Even if you sent every illegal Hispanic home, they would still comprise a significant portion of the population. Since I'm not insane, it therefore follows that I don't have a problem with Hispanics. They've been my friends, neighbors, doctors, teachers, colleagues, etc. my entire life. My problem is with people who have no right to be here, regardless of where they came from. People who sneak in or overstay a visa have not undergone the mandatory checks required by the US government for immigrants. They could, and sometimes do, pose a threat to the public's health and safety. It's a matter of national security as much as anything else. All of the checks we now have in place for immigrants and at border crossings aren't worth a squirt of piss if the next team of hijackers or suicide bombers sneaks across the Rio Grande with their shoes in a plastic bag. Think about that.

...I agree that the country is to blame for turning a blind eye to the problem of illegal immigration, and letting the situation get out of control. But the problem is compounded by having many totally incompetent countries to the south of our border. Our border with Canada is less guarded than the one with Mexico (despite being a longer land border), yet there is little problem with illegal immigration from Canada. Instead of asking the American people to feel sorry for people who are 'just looking for a better life,' why not demand Mexico and Central American countries change for the betterment of their people? We can't accept everyone who is poor, and is just looking for a better life. It's not feasible. Illegals are going to have to start looking at their home countries for the answers, and not running to the US as an escape from their problems....
    Yeah, just go tell them to smarten up, Problems over! damn how simple was that?

Drinks on me, problems over...

wait.... that didn't work? well shit.

...I do think a few high profile raids of job sites would be beneficial to solving the problem. As is, the illegal population lives in our country with little fear of deportation. If you make them squeemish by putting that fear in their head, many may leave. A few well publicized raids would go a long way in getting illegal aliens to leave...
    Let's see, starvation and abject poverty with no hope of a future vs. fear of deportation. Hmmmm.... oh yeah I'd rather starve and live in a hovel making $100.00 a month then have the fear of maybe being caught and sent back then take that chance.

...It's also an outrage that many people are coming over the border, having their child here at tax payer expense, and then returning to their home countries...
    Kind of like what Americans are doing now in Canada eh?

...A blanket amnesty is not a good idea. Rewarding illegal behavior is never a good idea. I agree that we will never get rid of all the illegal aliens, but once the illegal population has been decreased through enforcement, maybe they can receive a work permit. They should not receive citizenship. The costs associated with giving illegal aliens citizenship would be disasterous, because then you add social security payments, etc. for a group of mostly uneducated people who don't have the ability to pay much in taxes...
    This is ridiculous on so many levels...

You want to stop illegal immigrants? You just need to not have any jobs for them. Who's going to clean your house? Cut your grass? Work in the other menial jobs that so many Americans won't? You really think that if you get rid of all the illegals that suddenly everyone will have jobs and your economy will be good and everything will be sunshine and roses?

Nice fantasy
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

I stumbled across an article about the poor American tax payers who are dying of hunger, because of the greedy Haitians. After all, they have been mentioned repeatedly on this thread.

Or, wait, did I confuse something?

The Associated Press: Poor Haitians Resort to Eating Dirt

I visited Haiti once. It used to be a country with a rich flora and many resources. Then the Americans came and bought it all up - for about 50 cents. Now the country is one big dump and it's children are eating dirt.

Poor, poor American tax payers.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I stumbled across an article about the poor American tax payers who are dying of hunger, because of the greedy Haitians. After all, they have been mentioned repeatedly on this thread.

Or, wait, did I confuse something?

The Associated Press: Poor Haitians Resort to Eating Dirt

I visited Haiti once. It used to be a country with a rich flora and many resources. Then the Americans came and bought it all up - for about 50 cents. Now the country is one big dump and it's children are eating dirt.

Poor, poor American tax payers.
    And a succession of horrifyingly corrupt governments in Haiti have absolutely nothing to do with it, right?

Oh shut it; we have more wetbacks in Houston... I'm still waiting for someone to tell me about a real instance in which someone couldn't get a job banging a hammer or bussing tables coz of some darn immigrant that took their job.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; January 31st, 2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: I didn't get a good education coz of all the immigrants in my ESL class...

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    And a succession of horrifyingly corrupt governments in Haiti have absolutely nothing to do with it, right?
    Of course, it's always everyone else's fault.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Of course, it's always everyone else's fault.
    No, it's always our fault according to you.

Now Chilly. remember that none of this is ever personal

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    What?
    I was making fun of tee-ha-ha's claim that none of this is personal, after said poster used language that expresses otherwise.

Example:

Non-personal: I strongly disagree with your argument, here is why...

Personal: Your argument is ridiculous.
    (what tee-ha-ha said, and then played the 'not being personal' card.

Thread Information