Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TX GOP official opposes Jewish House speaker, wants a true Christian

Have you guys read "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. I swear that's the future of the USA

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I tell every Christian I know, don't trust the muslims. They'll switch on a dime and come for you like it's 1915 Armenia.
    At least Muslims are openly hostile and are combated in secular Western countries for the intrinsic antisemitism of their religion (outside of Sweden.)

Xtians believe themselves incapable of such things. It's not jesusy. When you try to show a Xtian that, in fact, they are filled with the same rhetorical nonsense that caused the Holocaust, they get real uppity.

In a country where people are keeping Sarah Palin in the public eye, because they believe she is a spiritual warrior in a hidden battle between good and evil, anyone can be demonized on a whim. Jews are usually first in line.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Have you guys read "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. I swear that's the future of the USA

Yes and saw the movie. The book is much better.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    At least Muslims are openly hostile and are combated in secular Western countries for the intrinsic antisemitism of their religion (outside of Sweden.)

Xtians believe themselves incapable of such things. It's not jesusy. When you try to show a Xtian that, in fact, they are filled with the same rhetorical nonsense that caused the Holocaust, they get real uppity.

In a country where people are keeping Sarah Palin in the public eye, because they believe she is a spiritual warrior in a hidden battle between good and evil, anyone can be demonized on a whim. Jews are usually first in line.
    Actually, if we are talking about right-wing Christians, or "Christianists" as Andrew Sullivan calls them -- they are pretty tightly aligned with Jews. At least aligned with pro-Israel Jews because these Christians tend to be apocalyptic and believe that Jews must inhabit Israel for the second coming of Christ to be realized.

So, I don't see how the Jews would necessarily be in the crosshairs of Palin types.

Muslims are openly hostile? Really? Wow.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Muslims are openly hostile? Really? Wow.
    I had at least 30 of them shaking angry fists at me on the way to work today.

Elite Member

Yeah, but fundie Christians are aligned with Israel because they are planning on converting Jews to Christianity as part of the second coming, or something like that. They love Israel but their love for the Jews doesn't go so deep--as the behavior of those assholes who are the subject of this thread indicates.

In any case, Jews < Christians in their eyes, and always will be.

Elite Member

I had at least 30 of them shaking angry fists at me on the way to work today.
    No, that was just people who don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    In any case, Jews < Christians in their eyes, and always will be.

Sadly, many Jews feel the same about Christians. There are assholes in all faiths.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Actually, if we are talking about right-wing Christians, or "Christianists" as Andrew Sullivan calls them -- they are pretty tightly aligned with Jews. At least aligned with pro-Israel Jews because these Christians tend to be apocalyptic and believe that Jews must inhabit Israel for the second coming of Christ to be realized.

So, I don't see how the Jews would necessarily be in the crosshairs of Palin types.
    Jews couldn't possibly be in the crosshairs of a country that fully embraced them, where they were an inherent part of the culture, where they had been war heroes, scientists, philosophers, composers...

...until they were, of course.

The fundies now control the Xtian message. It's pretty obvious that the Jews of Israel are a convenient alliance for them, in their fantasy End of Times. As far as Jews in their local governments, not so convenient.
    CHILLY FREE!

^^Perhaps, but apparently only Muslims are openly hostile, the rest are covert.

So what is being inferred here? America is going to start rounding up Jews and shipping them off to be gassed because we have some fundie Christians? I'm not really getting it.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    No, that was just people who don't like you.
    That can't be the case because I was dressed up incognito as Jesus for a nativity scene at work, so it was different from the normal people shaking their fists at me. And they were wearing chadors.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    So what is being inferred here? America is going to start rounding up Jews and shipping them off to be gassed because we have some fundie Christians? I'm not really getting it.
    Not exactly. If I were a minority in this country, I wouldn't trust the gifts the majority claims to bestow, since often those gifts should be my rights as a citizen.

As soon as some yahoo like this TX official claims that he will only give the appropriate people certain jobs based on their religion, then we are headed to majority rule - where the majority gets to decide upon who they bestow the gift of rights. We have seen historically where this leads. Though those particular circumstances can't be duplicated, my suspicion is we US Americans can invent new and marvelous ways to separate the deserving from the undeserving classes, with our own horrific atrocities.
    CHILLY FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    As soon as some yahoo like this TX official claims that he will only give the appropriate people certain jobs based on their religion, then we are headed to majority rule - where the majority gets to decide upon who they bestow the gift of rights.
    I'm not sure one yahoo in Texas making a statement like this is enough to establish a trend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information