Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two hockey moms weigh in on VP debate

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The people that say they want a president/VP that's 'just like me' need to ask themselves one question. Are you qualified to run the country? If the answer's no, then why do you want someone just as unqualified as you are running the country? So, maybe, having someone that's just like you isn't a good idea.
    Once again, you hit the nail on the moose, King.

"He's speaking way above what the average person would understand," Lauren remarked. "Everything he says has a negative purpose about it."
    What?!

Well, I don't know about sociopathic, but Sarah Palin does come across as pathologically narcissistic.

If the majority of Americans really want Mr. Raging Warmonger and Ms. Cute Lil' ol' IQ running this country, then fuck it, we deserve this shit.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

yeah, but the rest of the world doesnt! just ask iraq and afghanistan!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Well, I don't know about sociopathic, but Sarah Palin does come across as pathologically narcissistic.

If the majority of Americans really want Mr. Raging Warmonger and Ms. Cute Lil' ol' IQ running this country, then fuck it, we deserve this shit.

I think you cross into sociopath automatically when you get this close to high office and support such murderous policies as the Iraq war (not to mention denying women who've been raped access to the justice system, without a fee). On his own Bush the lesser might be just a narcissistic but now that he's killed a million people and orphaned 5 million children he qualifies by default. You are right though she definitely has all the earmarks of a narcissist.

The people that say they want a president/VP that's 'just like me' need to ask themselves one question. Are you qualified to run the country? If the answer's no, then why do you want someone just as unqualified as you are running the country? So, maybe, having someone that's just like you isn't a good idea.
    Which brings us back to Jon Stewart and his commentary on the 'Obama is an elitist' media criticism on The Daily show.

'Isn't elitist...good?'
    Last edited by bychance; October 3rd, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Once again, you hit the nail on the moose, King.
    Cmm, I'd like to drive a nail into the moosehunters head.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Which brings us back to Jon Stewart and his commentary on the 'Obama is an elitist' on daily show.

'Isn't elitist...good?'
    Exactly. You want the commander-in-chief to be a cut above the average citizen. Didn't 8 years of Dubya teach people anything?

Cmm, I'd like to drive a nail into the moosehunters head.

Exactly. You want the commander-in-chief to be a cut above the average citizen. Didn't 8 years of Dubya teach people anything?
    Tsk tsk. That sounds like a threat to Palin? I guess you will have to be sentenced to spending a week with her. You will be foreced to converse with her at least six hours per day. You will transcribe those conversations and provide translation for mooselian to English.

If you do not wish to choose that fate, you have one other option. You will be Dubya's sociology, geography, psychology, and Hooked on Phonics instructor.

Dubya is a cut above the rest. You did not mention in which areas he should excel. We know bullshitting, lying, and stupidity are owned by Dubya. Intelligence, articulate speech, and integrity are foreign concepts to him.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Tsk tsk. That sounds like a threat to Palin? I guess you will have to be sentenced to spending a week with her. You will be foreced to converse with her at least six hours per day. You will transcribe those conversations and provide translation for mooselian to English.

If you do not wish to choose that fate, you have one other option. You will be Dubya's sociology, geography, psychology, and Hooked on Phonics instructor.

Dubya is a cut above the rest. You did not mention in which areas he should excel. We know bullshitting, lying, and stupidity are owned by Dubya. Intelligence, articulate speech, and integrity are foreign concepts to him.
    I will happily spend a week with Palin, and tell her that I plan to get Bristol pregnant again and then she can have her own little Barack Obama in the family. And then when she tries to shoot me, she'll be arrested and disqualified as VP.

And if that doesn't work, I'll just give Dubya a fifth of Jack during his coloring hour and then he can enjoy some sleepy-time.

I will happily spend a week with Palin, and tell her that I plan to get Bristol pregnant again and then she can have her own little Barack Obama in the family. And then when she tries to shoot me, she'll be arrested and disqualified as VP.

And if that doesn't work, I'll just give Dubya a fifth of Jack during his coloring hour and then he can enjoy some sleepy-time.

If your standards so low that you think this woman is capable of running anything more mentally taxing than a couple laps around her yard, you get what you deserve. If they get into the White House, everyone who voted for them because they loved her cuteness and the feeling that she was "just like them" will get their just desserts. That's my one saving grace about this election. I sure as shit won't be the one suffering. And I can guaran-fucking-tee you she and McCain won't be feeling any pain either.

Middle class america - you know, the foundation of their "base" supporters - they will be the ones to feel the effects their ticket will have on America. And I'll be laughing my ass off while not having to alter my lifestyle in any way.

Let's see how cute she is and what a "maverick" team they are when shit continues to go downhill. See how much you want to have a beer with her when you lose your job, your house and your savings cause these two "reformers" won't deliver on their promise to "bring the government back to the people" or "stop the corruption and greed on Wall Street". See if you can pay your electric or gas bill with the words maverick or reformer. Tell your kid that gets drafted for the war with Iran and Pakistan how you let the soft feelings you had for the "soccer mom" cloud your judgment. Let me know how that goes for ya Joe six pack and hockey mom.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Bronze Member

As for McCain speaking above what most people understand, I call bs. I understood him FAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR better than I understood she nonsense spouting out of Palin's mouth in a mind-numbingly robotic fashion. I was watching the debate on a big screen with tons of people and people's mouths were literally gaping open, and their faces twisted into confused bewildered looks whenever she started speaking.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Doggone it, I think you are spot on...wink, wink, wink.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    If your standards so low that you think this woman is capable of running anything more mentally taxing than a couple laps around her yard, you get what you deserve. If they get into the White House, everyone who voted for them because they loved her cuteness and the feeling that she was "just like them" will get their just desserts. That's my one saving grace about this election. I sure as shit won't be the one suffering. And I can guaran-fucking-tee you she and McCain won't be feeling any pain either.

Middle class america - you know, the foundation of their "base" supporters - they will be the ones to feel the effects their ticket will have on America. And I'll be laughing my ass off while not having to alter my lifestyle in any way.

Let's see how cute she is and what a "maverick" team they are when shit continues to go downhill. See how much you want to have a beer with her when you lose your job, your house and your savings cause these two "reformers" won't deliver on their promise to "bring the government back to the people" or "stop the corruption and greed on Wall Street". See if you can pay your electric or gas bill with the words maverick or reformer. Tell your kid that gets drafted for the war with Iran and Pakistan how you let the soft feelings you had for the "soccer mom" cloud your judgment. Let me know how that goes for ya Joe six pack and hockey mom.
    Co-freaking-sign. For the life of me, I can't understand this "he's/she's just like me" crap. When did the American people become so damned threatened by someone just because they can use big big words and have an intelligent conversation? And what scares me the most is that these kinds of people have no educational standards for their children...they'd rather see them audition for reality television shows than try to expand their minds. In ten or twenty years, our whole country will be full of folks just like that stupid Carolina teen pageant moron.
    Last edited by mintjelly; October 4th, 2008 at 11:13 AM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

^^^^^
    I just watched Idiocracy, it is set 500 years in the future...I think 50 might be more truthful!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information