Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Trying to live on 500k in New York City"

These people live in such an altered reality that they can't fathom why people would have a problem with them spending $45k on a nanny when mom doesn't work. It's the standard of living they're used to, so they don't snap to the fact that it's bullshit.

When it comes down to making do on $500k or facing abject poverty in the form of no job and a "will work for food" cardboard sign, they'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    These people live in such an altered reality that they can't fathom why people would have a problem with them spending $45k on a nanny when mom doesn't work. It's the standard of living they're used to, so they don't snap to the fact that it's bullshit.

When it comes down to making do on $500k or facing abject poverty in the form of no job and a "will work for food" cardboard sign, they'll get it.
    That's because it's their right to live that way. They're entitled.
    Now their "rights" are being violated and we should feel sorry for them.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    and the people they get probably won't be as good because the ones that are really good are being offered way more at other banks.
    The thing is some banks laid off the good employees. The ones who worked for the bank for 20 years, helped grow the business and would be willing to take a pay cut to see the bank succeed. The problem is the real geniuses and the hard workers get replaced by the the Billionaire Boys Club wannabes who talk a good game, but don't get results. The financial market has increasingly become about style while ignoring substance. For every one Warren Buffet there's 10 scam artists.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

What world are they living in where they are comparing their salary to a middle class lifestyle. I don't know any middle class families who have a full time nanny, someone to drive them everywhere, 2 big vacations a year, and private school. That is upper upper middleclass and the wealthy.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Seriously, does anyone think we would read this drivel and think it makes sense or that our hearts should go out to them? Basically, they're upset that they need to get rid of personal trainers, chauffeurs, fancy dresses, and twice a year vacations? And I'm supposed to go, oh yeah, that makes sense, we should give them more money. What a sense of entitlement! These fucking douchebags should be shot.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

The entitlement mentality of these asswipes makes me want to puke! Off with their heads!!

Serious, what's with these articles? Don't these people have PR people and packagers that will tell them how it is impossible to garner sympathy for people whining about a 500k salary cap? All they are doing it making people hate them even more. This is not a good PR move.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    If a nanny can live off $45,000.00 a year, other people should be able to live off $500,000.00
    You'll probably find the nanny gets accommodation, food, car and other expenses thrown in on top of a salary.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Gee, I guess, they'll have to cancel the nanny, and raise their own kids. And cancel vacations and the personal trainer and live like the rest of us.

I will make the supreme sacrifice, suck it up and take one of those jobs at the insulting salary of $500k in NYC no less. I'm just that type of person, I'm a giver.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I will make the supreme sacrifice, suck it up and take one of those jobs at the insulting salary of $500k in NYC no less. I'm just that type of person, I'm a giver.
    Me too. I'm all for the good of my fellow (wo)man, and I'll take one for the team. And I don't need the nanny!! And, I have been known to work out ON MY OWN (shocking). I'll use the $45K from the absence of the nanny for my private chef.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    You'll probably find the nanny gets accommodation, food, car and other expenses thrown in on top of a salary.
    Then they can go become nannies, so all their needs will be taken care of...

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's true, I know a nanny and she eats for free, gets her gas paid for, trips paid for, etc. As long as she has her charges with her, she gets to go along for free, all expenses paid. She doesn't live with the family though, if she did she'd get free housing as well.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

These people are living in the gilded twilight zone. They are lucky to have a job,and as far as I'm concerned should be out on their asses for creating the financial mess we are in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information