View Poll Results: When push comes to shove will Ivanka stand with her husband or dad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy dearest

37 72.55%
  • Weasel boy

14 27.45%
Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree4352Likes

Thread: Tremendous people. All the best people. The general politics thread.

Heard an awesome new name for Trump yesterday: Chucklefuck.
    twitchy2.0, BITTER, Nevan and 4 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A presidential milestone: Trump has spent 100 days in office at one of his golf clubs

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][/COLOR]
    WASHINGTON (CNN)President Donald Trump reached a presidential milestone at his Palm Beach County, Florida, golf club on Saturday: One hundred days in office at a golf club that bears his name.

Trump, once a critic of presidential golfing, has ignored his own advice and made a habit of visiting some of the many golf courses emblazoned in his moniker. The habit is part of the broader trend of the President and first lady making frequent trips to properties owned and operated by the Trump Organization.
    According to CNN's count, Trump has exclusively visited four golf clubs he owns during his presidency: Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida; Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida; Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia; and Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
    Trump has spent 36 days at his Florida club and 40 days at his New Jersey course and made the short trip from the White House to his Virginia club 23 times. He golfed once at his Jupiter course with professional golfers Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson and Brad Faxon.
    In total, Trump has spent nearly 25% of his days in office at one of his golf clubs. It is impossible to know whether Trump golfs every time he visits one of his golf clubs because White House aides rarely confirm that he is golfing, and Trump has, at times, visited his golf clubs to eat a meal or meet with people.
    Trump's golf habit has drawn incredible scrutiny in his first year in office, with watchdog groups raising questions about whether his endorsement of his own properties violates federal law, and reporters standing outside the gates of his courses hoping to confirm that Trump is hitting the links.
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]
    [/COLOR]

Critics have faulted Trump's repeated trips to his properties, claiming they allow the businessman to boost the bottom line at the Trump Organization and give his properties a presidential stamp of approval. Though Trump transferred his businesses holdings to a trust run by his sons before taking office in 2017, he stopped short of selling off his holdings and still could benefit from money flowing into his properties.
    But the primary criticism has stemmed from how Trump, as a private citizen, slammed Barack Obama for hitting the links while president.
    "Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf," Trump tweeted in 2014. "Worse than Carter."
    Trump also made presidential golf an issue during the 2016 campaign.
    "I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf," Trump said in August 2016 on the campaign trail.
    Norm Eisen, the chief White House ethics lawyer under Obama, called Trump's 100th day at a golf property as president "an ignominious anniversary."
    "First, there is his hypocrisy in criticizing Obama for golfing and then playing much more himself," Eisen said. "Then there is the fact that he is using his government platform to promote his businesses."
    Eisen added, "Finally, he is also mingling with representatives of corporate interests who are paying to play, and not just golf. Because they have business before the federal government, that creates more conflicts. Trump has hit an unprecedented ethics bogey."
    Senior White House aides have failed to fulsomely explain the difference between Obama's and Trump's golf games. Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer once argued that Trump uses the game to "foster deeper relationships" with foreign leaders.
    Though Trump did golf with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe early in his administration, his golf games regularly feature family, friends and, often, professional golfers.
    But Trump has golfed during the majority of his visits to his clubs. All of Trump's visits to his West Palm Beach, Florida, golf club coincide with his stays at Mar-a-Lago, his private club and estate in Palm Beach, Florida.
    Trump has spent part of 58 days at the opulent private estate during his time in office.
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]
    [/COLOR]

But when the weather in South Florida turns muggy and hot over the summer months, Trump has decamped to his golf course in New Jersey, where he stays inside the walls of the club. In total, Trump has spent part of 40 days at the course outside New York City, some of which came during his August "working vacation" when he held meeting with Cabinet officials and called world leaders.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/polit...ays/index.html
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Yes, he can be more embarrassing:
    The Norwegian Nobel Committee has uncovered what appears to be a two forged nominations of Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. The matter has been referred to the Oslo police for investigation. https://t.co/DbJ9J9E6rq

Source: Dan Rather's Facebook account

“It is fair to ask just now whether a child psychologist is needed to help us make sense of the chaos in the White House. Because it strikes many people that we seem to have a petulant and spoiled toddler throwing a temper tantrum, with the Oval Office resembling a romper room.

There is no joy in asking this question. I love the United States of America and its people. I cherish what are on our best days. And to see our economy, society, and national destiny at the whim of a man who strikes so many people—at home and abroad—as not having the temperament for the Presidency. To consider this is to be struck with a great and profound sadness.

From trade deals to gun policy to immigration rights to medical care to every other aspect of our complex and interconnected polity, Mr Trump may be inflicting real damage with what, by any reasonable analysis, is his recklessness.

We need to have a functioning government. The world needs for us to have a functioning government. Was all of this predictable? An argument can be made that the answer is yes if you reread the assessments of bipartisan critics during the campaign.

But that is now for the historians to judge. It is up to everyone in a position of power and everyone with the right to vote who believes that what is happening is dangerous to put a halt to it.”
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Yes, he can be more embarrassing:
    The Norwegian Nobel Committee has uncovered what appears to be a two forged nominations of Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. The matter has been referred to the Oslo police for investigation. https://t.co/DbJ9J9E6rq
    "Dear Noble committee,

Donald J Trump should be awarded the Nobel Piece Prize. He's the greatest. Everybody says so. And give him a parade with tanks and missiles.
    Also, can you retract Barack Obama's prize?

Yours truly,
    Qualified Nominator, I swear"
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^I'm sure it says something similar.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Yet another article about how delusional Trump is and how isolated he is. He thinks the public believes that the Democrats conspired with Russia during the campaign. He thinks he's doing a great job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ec9b1a0282e1

In closed-door remarks, Trump praised China's President: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day." https://t.co/y6IhGZ7RNM
    Brookie likes this.

Elite Member

^^^ Oh dear god -- he just needs to find some little island where he can be president for life. Clearly, he has shown over and over that he has no clue how our government works. We don't have kings, we don't have dictators, we don't have presidents for life.

I still can't believe such a total and complete dumbass was elected.

Yet another article about how delusional Trump is and how isolated he is. He thinks the public believes that the Democrats conspired with Russia during the campaign. He thinks he's doing a great job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ec9b1a0282e1
    This is great. All I could hear when I was reading it was Fegelein! Fegelein! Fegelein!
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Trump made an incredibly racist crack about Maxine Waters needing to take an IQ test tonight at the Gridiron and it has barely even registered a mention in coverage of the event. An appalling moment that I can’t believe isn’t everyone’s lead takeaway.

He had harsh words about a number of Democratic pols, as you would expect. But the only one he singled out for needing an IQ test was Waters. And people are so used to it that the room barely even noticed. Unreal moment.

POTUS in his speech at the Gridiron Club tonight said North Korea had “called up” and asked to begin talks but that he responded with “you have to denuke” first. Asking for more information as to what he meant —

Maybe the most controversial joke by @realDonaldTrump tonight:

"I like turnover. I like chaos. It really is good. Who is going to be the next to leave? Steve Miller or Melania?”

He did turn to his wife, who was in the audience, and ask if she still loved him.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I meant to say the question becomes...
    Last edited by politicsrocks1; March 4th, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by politicsrocks1 View Post
    CNN's Brian Stelter made a good point today about the amount of news this presidency has generated. It's at least four headlines a day if not more...so the question combines are people becoming numb to his shock talk, etc...I'm not sure. I do hope that the office of the presidency still maintains its integrity regardless of who the President might be. The office itself has survived many scandals ( Nixon, Clinton, etc) so that will continue. I tried attributing some of Trump's comments to former Presidents and it's interesting to say the least...can you image Obama saying, "I like turnover, I like chaos. It is really good"?
    I think people are becoming immune to what he says and does. No one in my department at work talks about politics or the news. Apathy is what is going to get him re-elected.

Joy Reid had Maxine Waters on her show this morning.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think people are becoming immune to what he says and does. No one in my department at work talks about politics or the news. Apathy is what is going to get him re-elected.
    Agreed but I think the dems will sweep the midterms.

Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information