View Poll Results: When push comes to shove will Ivanka stand with her husband or dad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy dearest

37 72.55%
  • Weasel boy

14 27.45%
Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Like Tree4352Likes

Thread: Tremendous people. All the best people. The general politics thread.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    This is a publicly held company (Amazon). What if people suddenly start to listen to his bullshit about it? Then shareholders (which can be anybody) lose money because a sitting president is slandering a company they hold shares in. Is there a precedent for this?
    I can see that effecting Amazon easily, but I sort of think for Trump voters its like welfare. They vote against it and hate it, but still use the shit out of it. The more wealthy people like shareholders I'd think would have a few more brain cells. But who knows. It's definitely absolutely bullshit that the president is singling out American businesses and slandering them with zero regard for the truth, or his mother fucking place.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    He's never getting removed from office is he? Each time I see things like this I realize it. Can the voters be held responsible? Can we jail them?
    Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere. Rep. Trey Gowdy, who investigated Hillary Clinton for 7 years, said today that he doesn't have much to show for his time in Congress. Mueller has probably gathered enough evidence to have the entire GOP leadership and most of the Cabinet and West Wing indicted and nothing will happen.
    OCD likes this.

fgg

This is a publicly held company (Amazon). What if people suddenly start to listen to his bullshit about it? Then shareholders (which can be anybody) lose money because a sitting president is slandering a company they hold shares in. Is there a precedent for this?
    it already happened. the stock price is starting to rebound but it tanked $1,567/share on 3/27 to $1,361/share on 4/2.
    Nevan likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    We have to keep keeping in mind - he's NOT here for us. He's here for his friends, for his family, for himself, for his wallet. His actions are consistent with that. The people he surrounds himself with are consistent with that. I think he saw/sees this as a "get rich quick" scheme while making a few proclamations and playing golf the rest of the time. He never had any intention to actually "be" a president.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    it already happened. the stock price is starting to rebound but it tanked $1,567/share on 3/27 to $1,361/share on 4/2.
    Cui bono? Who benefits and what degree of separation is there from the Trump and Kushner crooks?

Cui fucking bono?
    Nevan and Brookie like this.

This is insane. From Sarah Kendzoir who is an expert on authoritarian governments....

Department Of Homeland Security Compiling Database Of Journalists And 'Media Influencers' https://t.co/qJG6qlyr0x <-- this is bad; pay attention to section on potential overseas travel restrictions for US journalists critical of Trump

We'll wait to see what happens, but this tactic of travel restriction is very common in authoritarian states. It is meant to be devastating; I have a friend who is a journalist in an authoritarian state who couldn't leave to see her mother before she died because of this tactic.
    Brookie likes this.

A ban on overseas travel for journalists will NEVER pass SCOTUS. It's absurd. They aren't government employees or even on a terror watchlist. They are free to move about with a passport just like any other US citizen.

ETA: Even the monitoring is going way too far.
    Brookie likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    We have to keep keeping in mind - he's NOT here for us. He's here for his friends, for his family, for himself, for his wallet. His actions are consistent with that. The people he surrounds himself with are consistent with that. I think he saw/sees this as a "get rich quick" scheme while making a few proclamations and playing golf the rest of the time. He never had any intention to actually "be" a president.
    Exactly. Also, he thinks the job of the President is akin to being a dictator or a king back in medieval times. No time for democracy. That's too complicated for him.

Pruitt was supposed to stay in that Capitol Hill condo six weeks as a favor. His landlords eventually pushed him out...and changed the locks - https://t.co/9QcxvMguTm

Huckabitch to now represent Trump at the WH Correspondents Dinner.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

GOP lawmaker pulls out loaded gun while meeting constituents: 'I'm not going to be a Gabby Giffords' https://t.co/N6rVPHM0gn

"I'm not going to be a Gabby Giffords," SC Rep. Ralph Norman said, referring to a former AZ congresswoman, "I don't mind dying, but whoever shoots me better shoot well or I'm shooting back." Join me in SUPPORTING HIS OPPONENT, Archie Parnell via @actblue https://t.co/qdMOWCRIka
    needmeds and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Each day, I'm sure that I can't be more surprised, and each day I'm proven wrong. This pisses me off considering that I tell jimmy that I'm never wrong. Good thing we don't talk politics.
    OCD likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Headlines like this should terrify sane people. His staff are so concerned about what is going on that they are leaking information that we should never, ever hear about.

Trump's furious Situation Room row with his top general is LEAKED: Chairman of joint chiefs reprimanded him on Syria - so the president demanded immediate pull-out

Trump's furious Situation Room row with his top general is leaked | Daily Mail Online
    Brookie likes this.

Just like Uncle Vernon, we don't even get a break on the weekends - FOX yammers all day and night, and Trump doesn't even pretend to be interested in governing, he can just sit there with his Big Macs and phone and tweet away.

The corruption surrounding this bunch is astonishing. They don't even try to hide it.

Mick Mulvaney has complained the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau engages in “wasteful spending”.

But Mulvaney appointed 2 senior staffers who are paid more than $230,000, amounts far above their previous gov't jobs, according to docs obtained by NYT. https://t.co/9DAYXSfYhR

A financial analyst with knowledge tells New Yorker that, despite his previous claims, Charles Kushner pitched a huge renovation of 666 5th Avenue to the Qataris.

The Qataris declined, citing dubious business logic. Jared's ally MBS then blockaded Qatar.
    https://t.co/vwZrG8NTXB

30+ security agents accompanied Pruitt on vacation to Disneyland and Rose Bowl; $3,000,000 in costs and counting https://t.co/q7jaLEUYW6

SWAMP >> An Oklahoma buddy of Pruitt's helped Pruitt get $973,000 in mortgages to buy a lavish home even though Pruitt earned just $38,400.
    That buddy was banned from the banking industry, but Pruitt named him to oversee the nation's Superfund program. https://t.co/YxFeqzECQG
    Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; April 7th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Brookie, Nevan and ConstanceSpry like this.

Elite Member

The level of corruption is truly disgusting. When he talked about "draining the swamp" what he really meant was that he was going to take our government for every last dime he and his buddies could get their hands on.

Again, this whole notion of "successful" businesspeople being able to run the government better than politicians is a load of crap. Do people not realize that to reach their success they laid waste to everything in their paths and all they care about is making themselves and their board directors richer? The people who really put in the work were screwed out of everything.

While we've had some crooked politicians in our time, we have never seen this level of money-grubbing activity. They are using the government like their private playground. If you're not in the 1% and a friend of Trump, you are going to pay the price.

Both the democrats and republicans in congress are sitting by and doing nothing. They are destroying our country and except for Mueller, everyone is letting it happen. I don't care if the repubs are controlling everything. Where is the outrage from the democrats? Why aren't they shouting about all of this from the rooftops?

We need new blood in Washington. We need to get people in who understand the system and are about working for the people, not themselves. People that want to lift up and do the right thing.

Do those people exist? I don't know, but we sure have to try to find them and get them in office. What's going on now better not be our new normal, or our nation won't last. We will be weak and then we'll be under Russia's control.

Thread Information