View Poll Results: When push comes to shove will Ivanka stand with her husband or dad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy dearest

    37 72.55%
  • Weasel boy

    14 27.45%
Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1722
Like Tree4352Likes

Thread: Tremendous people. All the best people. The general politics thread.

  1. #811
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    This article says that Trump can pardon someone via Twitter and no one can stop him.

    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/28/p...mpression=true

  2. #812
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Gold Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    911

    Default

    He's so stupid it makes my blood boil. He has an uncanny ability to make me feel exactly the same as I do when I talk to anyone back home (I escaped the red part of my state) and they start in with their half baked views which take a little bit from Fox News, a little bit from the idiots they drink with, and a little bit from the recesses of their own booze addled brains. These are the folks that chain smoke and live with COPD for years bitching and whining about people on food stamps while they drain America's pockets by using medicaid for their lifestyle induced diseases.

    It's amazing to me that someone born into privilege like Trump with every advantage can come out no better brain cell wise than someone born in a holler to two genetically related people with FAS eating lead paint chips and a diet of mountain dew, margarine, boxed macaroni and diced frankfurters.
    Trixie, Brookie and needmeds like this.

  3. #813
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Hey Don? You don't pay any taxes either so shut the fuck up.
    And, ya know, isn't he the one who recently signed a massive corporate tax cut bill in to law?
    Kittylady, OCD and Brookie like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  4. #814
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    He's talking about the fact that Trump's lawyer's lawyer said that Cohen entered into the agreement with Stormy Daniels on Trump's behalf without telling him. Right. Trump supposedly didn't sleep with her, didn't sign the agreement, didn't pay her and now didn't know about the agreement in the first place.

    Can someone please ask Michael Cohen to call down to central casting again and order up a new hack to speak on his behalf? Iím bored with batting around David Schwartz. #neednewchallenge #basta

    8:39 AM - 28 Mar 2018

  5. #815
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Mr. Avenatti should settle a little, he's getting out a little over his skis. Yes, he's poked the bear but this tweet is crossing ethical boundaries in my book (as someone who's passed that test in 3 states).
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  6. #816
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Mr. Avenatti should settle a little, he's getting out a little over his skis. Yes, he's poked the bear but this tweet is crossing ethical boundaries in my book (as someone who's passed that test in 3 states).
    Please tell us how because I think most people are having a hard time keeping up with the many moving parts of this story. Should any of these lawyers be baiting or suing each other like this?
    czb likes this.

  7. #817
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Gold Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    911

    Default

    I don't think these particular lawyers have any ethical boundaries. It would be humorous if they were stripped of their law licenses.
    Brookie likes this.

  8. #818
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    The Model Rules pretty much start with respect for the practice of law. Taunting your adversary on social media is juvenile and disrespects the otherwise really good legal work/maneuvering that he's done. He's acting like Patrick Dempsey in Can't Buy me Love - suddenly a little attention and loses his mind.

    Cohen should be disbarred post haste. Their "defense" is that he acted without his client's knowledge or consent and used his own money to settle a claim against his client. That's not even a close call on some of the most basic ethics rules. We're advocates, we don't personally involve ourselves in the controversy. Absolutely no lawyer who is representing someone in the controversy should be giving interviews about the merits of the other side's case, their client's trustworthiness, etc. etc. This whole disintegration of all social behavior in the legal profession is really unsettling to watch.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  9. #819
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    The Model Rules pretty much start with respect for the practice of law. Taunting your adversary on social media is juvenile and disrespects the otherwise really good legal work/maneuvering that he's done. He's acting like Patrick Dempsey in Can't Buy me Love - suddenly a little attention and loses his mind.

    Cohen should be disbarred post haste. Their "defense" is that he acted without his client's knowledge or consent and used his own money to settle a claim against his client. That's not even a close call on some of the most basic ethics rules. We're advocates, we don't personally involve ourselves in the controversy. Absolutely no lawyer who is representing someone in the controversy should be giving interviews about the merits of the other side's case, their client's trustworthiness, etc. etc. This whole disintegration of all social behavior in the legal profession is really unsettling to watch.
    Thanks for that explanation! I just read that Kushner has been accused of having given John Bolton inside information over the last year as talking points to use on Fox. Scott Pruitt has lived in a top energy lobbyist's house for over a year. Lawlessness is now our new normal.
    czb likes this.

  10. #820
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    Daniel Dale@ddale8

    Trump on the Middle East: "We build a school. They blow it up. We build a school they blow it up." This is quite a speech. "You know what we have for it? Nothing...I used to say, keep the oil!"

    Trump: "If we kept the oil, we would've been okay? If we kept the oil, we wouldn't have ISIS!...they kept the oil, we didn't keep the oil! Stupid! Stupid!"

    The president is advocating war crimes again.

    Trump on judicial vacancies: "We were left JUDGES! They're the ones that JUDGE on your disputes! They JUDGE on what's fair on the environment and what's not fair!"

    Trump mockingly thanks Obama for leaving him judicial vacancies, saying, "What happened? How did he do that?" What happened was Republicans refused to approve Obama's judicial nominees.

    Trump on the global agreement to help developing countries transition to cleaner energy: "As far as I'm concerned, we're developing. Pay us some money. Pay us. We're developing."

    The president says abusive employees at the VA treated people "horribly. Horribly. Worse than a movie."

    Trump is trying to simultaneously preside over extensive, increased military involvement in the Middle East and campaign against such involvement.

    Trump: "When I was growing up we had what was called VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS. They weren't called community colleges. Because I don't know what that means, a community college...I don't know what it means...I tell people, call it 'vocational' from now on."

    Those are different things.

    The president says he doesn't know what "community college" means.

    Trump gives a rare shout-out to his daughter Tiffany, who is apparently present.

    The president is complaining about a particular highway again. He doesn't name it, but it's either the one he hates in Maryland or the one he hates in New Jersey. He says it's not good and straight anymore, so it's "not good if you're not feeling so good behind the wheel."

    Trump: "America built the Empire State Building in ONE YEAR. It's actually like nine months, can you believe that?"

    He always says this.

    It was 13 months.

    This is a classic kind of Trump false claim. It wasn't his building. There is no benefit to him saying "actually it was less than one year." But he's done that three times as president, because he is who he is.Daniel

    Trump finally returns to his prepared text, touting various investments - "an additional $2 billion to improve veterans' medical facilities," etc.

    Trump says some of US infrastructure is "like a Third World country." As he did on the campaign trail, he waxes nostalgic about the glory days of US building.

    Trump takes credit for the SpaceX rocket launch and landing, saying such things didn't happen until he was president. Then he says, "Why the hell should we do it?...They want to send rocket ships up, they're rich, let them do it." Then, incongruously, he talks up NASA.

    "Our country had very little pride," the president says about the country before he was president.

    Trump on how he is improving the country: "Even look at Roseanne! I called her yesterday! Look at her ratings! Look at her ratings!"

    Trump Roseanne: "Over 18M people! And it was about US! They haven't figured it out! The fake news hasn't quite figured it out yet! They have not figured it out! So that was great. And they haven't figured it out. But they will. And when they do, they'll become much less fake."

    The big conclusion of the president's "infrastructure" speech was supposed to be about American hands and American pride rebuilding America. Instead, he made it about the ratings of a sitcom.


  11. #821
    OCD
    OCD is offline
    Gold Member OCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    911

    Default

    I actually didn't watch the return of Roseanne because of Trump. I loved that show, but I'll be damned to watch her nutty Trump loving ass on tv. Some things must remain sacred in my mind.

    He doesn't know what community college means. That just IDK. Can it just be November already so he can get wind of what's to come? Prior to 2016 I was a fairly Buddhist leaning person. My karma now I'm sure is super shitty. I ooze hate and want retribution.

  12. #822
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I actually didn't watch the return of Roseanne because of Trump. I loved that show, but I'll be damned to watch her nutty Trump loving ass on tv. Some things must remain sacred in my mind.

    He doesn't know what community college means. That just IDK. Can it just be November already so he can get wind of what's to come? Prior to 2016 I was a fairly Buddhist leaning person. My karma now I'm sure is super shitty. I ooze hate and want retribution.
    I told my sister that he may as well change his name to "fucker" because that's how I refer to him and I don't like to curse...except in the car because it's allowed there.
    OCD and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

  13. #823
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    Trump on Syria: "We'll be coming out of Syria, like, very soon. Let the other people take care of it now. Very soon. Very soon. Very soon we're coming out."

    Trump falsely claims that the US has spent $7 trillion on Middle East wars. He has made up that figure. He adds: "Seven trillion with a T! Nobody ever heard of the word 'trillion' until 10 years ago!"
    Nevan and OCD like this.

  14. #824
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,236

    Default

    JFC, the shit that comes out of his mouth. Stealing natural resources from a foreign country would never have happened ... if we had tried that, I think all of the Middle East would have attacked us. And jackass, in my town we have a community college AND a vocational school (a couple as a matter of fact). Vocational school teaches stuff like mechanics, plumbing and beauty school, among many other things ... basically it teaches you a trade and generally, they help you try to find placement after you've graduated. Community college is .... well, community college. There are so many around that I can't believe any one wouldn't know what they were. The community college in my town has partnered with a well-known university and that university built a ginormous building on the community college's campus. So now, instead of only being able to get a certificate or an Associate's Degree, there are several subjects that you can go all the way up to a Master's without ever leaving the community college's campus. I think it's pretty genius. Community college prices and a university education, all at the same place.

    I'm curious what highway he's talking about in New Jersey. Mind you, he has lots of financial interests in New Jersey but I'm pretty sure before he became president, he used a chopper to get anywhere in NJ, so what the fuck is he going on about?
    Kittylady, OCD, faithanne and 1 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

    Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

    Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!


  15. #825
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    JFC, the shit that comes out of his mouth. Stealing natural resources from a foreign country would never have happened ... if we had tried that, I think all of the Middle East would have attacked us. And jackass, in my town we have a community college AND a vocational school (a couple as a matter of fact). Vocational school teaches stuff like mechanics, plumbing and beauty school, among many other things ... basically it teaches you a trade and generally, they help you try to find placement after you've graduated. Community college is .... well, community college. There are so many around that I can't believe any one wouldn't know what they were. The community college in my town has partnered with a well-known university and that university built a ginormous building on the community college's campus. So now, instead of only being able to get a certificate or an Associate's Degree, there are several subjects that you can go all the way up to a Master's without ever leaving the community college's campus. I think it's pretty genius. Community college prices and a university education, all at the same place.

    I'm curious what highway he's talking about in New Jersey. Mind you, he has lots of financial interests in New Jersey but I'm pretty sure before he became president, he used a chopper to get anywhere in NJ, so what the fuck is he going on about?
    He's probably talking about the Maryland Intercounty Connector (ICC). He has been bashing it for almost a year.


    June 2017







    The president approached a table that had three binders stacked on it. They laid out plans for the Intercounty connector (ICC) running between I-270 to US 1 and detailed the controversial environmental impact study he spoke of.


    A part of the 'Outer Beltway' of Washington, the road opened in 2014 after decades of pushing that stretched across Republican and Democratic administrations in Maryland.


    'Phase one,' Trump said, holding the first of the books up associated with the project.


    He flipped through the binder and tossed it on the floor, emphasizing how heavy it was with hand gestures that drew laughter from attendees.


    'OK,' he said as he moved on to the next one. 'Phase two.'


    'Look!' he exclaimed. 'Nobody's gonna read it.'

    'So they spend, millions and millions of dollars,' he said, getting back on track. 'When I said, how long is this short road way been talked about, the gentleman said, "Well, if you say 20 years, you're safe."

    Read more: Trump tosses binders full of permit paperwork on the floor | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Inbred Rich People: The Royalty Thread Part 2
    By twitchy2.0 in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 3351
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2019, 12:14 PM
  2. Who Are The Actual 'Crazy' People In American Politics?
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 5th, 2010, 01:38 AM
  3. Questions about politics in general
    By travelbug in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
  4. I'm in ur (inspired by Grimm's cat thread) people version
    By moomies in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: July 21st, 2007, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •