View Poll Results: When push comes to shove will Ivanka stand with her husband or dad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy dearest

37 72.55%
  • Weasel boy

14 27.45%
Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree4352Likes

Thread: Tremendous people. All the best people. The general politics thread.

I agree - there's so much shit going on every day that so many stories aren't getting any play - but Mueller is on it!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

"Politico: White House economic adviser Gary Cohn may leave after Trump imposed tariffs.

NBC News: White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster may be replaced as national security adviser by the end of the month.

Soon no one will be left in the White House but Trump."
    tulip, Brookie, twitchy2.0 and 2 others like this.

Except that freak Stephen Miller - what a pos he is.
    twitchy2.0, OCD, BITTER and 1 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

I'm sure Miller would gladly steam Trump's pants.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

As soon as he changes out of his girl suit...made from real girls

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Trump, at opioid meeting, gives his most explicit endorsement of putting drug dealers to death: "Some countries have a very, very tough penalty - the ultimate penalty. And by the way they have much less of a problem."
    Brookie likes this.

Lets start with the CEO of Purdue Pharma
    twitchy2.0, OCD, greysfang and 4 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Kill all the drug dealers and put the dirty weak druggies in insane asylums til they're better or leave them in there if they can't be fixed. Build the wall so Mexicans can't throw drugs across the border. Done, drug epidemic solved. It's easy. Kellyanne Conway and Jared Kushner are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Stellar blowjobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Damn you beat me to it
    When I come home at the end of the day after being out of the news loop, I turn on Andy Cooper, I open up
    here and see scary great minds think too much alike posts, it makes me feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Oh I definitely judge a book by it's cover with him. He looks evil and very off.

Since it's all such a government soap opera, I'd like Jared Kushner and Hope Hicks found in bed by Ivanka Trump.

I just love Rachel Maddow - her sign off convo with Lawrence was ‘I’m a middle aged potty belly lesbian with no children what else do I have to look forward to?’ Said with a giggle and a smile about a crossword puzzle. She’s the best.
    Brookie, tulip and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Miller is basically the president now. The laziness of Trump (thank God) combined with this guys agenda -> not good!

Source: Washington Press

Orrin Hatch just leveled profanities at his own constituents in off the rails speech

Utah Senator Orrin Hatch just got caught name calling and it looks like he needs his mouth washed out with soap. In a speech to the American Enterprise Institute, the Republican senator didnít mince words.

He called supporters of Obamacare some ďof the stupidest, dumbass people Iíve ever met.Ē

Then he went on to disparage the landmark piece of legislation, which made healthcare accessible to millions of people, did away with preexisting conditions, and allowed young people to be covered under their parentsí insurance until the age of 26.

ďWe [Ö] finally did away with the individual mandate tax that was established under that wonderful bill called ĎObamacare.í Now, if you didnít catch on, I was being very sarcastic.Ē

He repeated that same, foul refrain again.
    ď[The Affordable Care Act] was the stupidest, dumbass bill that Iíve ever seen. Now, some of you may have loved it. If you do, you are one of the stupidest, dumbass people Iíve ever met.Ē
    You can watch the video footage of the Senatorís disparaging speech here.

Senator Hatch played fast and loose with his words. Itís unbecoming of a lawmaker. The bar is so low for decent behavior on Capitol Hill, it hardly comes as a surprise anymore. But whatís still surprising is how Senator Hatch is obviously willing to be just as cavalier with the lives of the constituents heís insulting.

Conservative estimates hold that dismantling Obamacare would kick tens of millions of people off of their healthcare, resulting in needless deaths from treatable illnesses, lost wages from missed workdays, and countless other hardships. Senator Hatch seems not to care about the welfare of the American people nearly as much as he does about partisan politics.

Source: The Palmer Report

Donald Trumpís whole life goes to hell

Imagine cheating your way into a job, and then trying to fend off a criminal investigation into your cheating which is landing everyone around you in prison. Imagine further that while youíre trying to survive in this job you were never legitimately hired for, you realize youíre completely incompetent at it, to the point that youíre creating new scandals daily. Now imagine that one day you have to basically fire your son-in-law, and the next day, the employee whoís like a daughter to you suddenly quits, and both of them are now likely to testify against you out of spite. This is even as your wife is probably preparing to leave you.

Welcome to the latest nightmarish sliver of Donald Trumpís miserable failed life. Heís never had a genuinely happy moment in his life. Heís never had a moment in which he wasnít committing crimes of one sort or another. Heís miserable despite being a billionaire, even though he isnít really a billionaire, and heís never even seemed to be able to enjoy the money heís stolen. Heís spent the last few decades fending off near-constant bankruptcies and mounting debts to increasingly shady characters. Then he made the terrible, terrible mistake of illegitimately winning the presidential election.

The one thing Trump seemed to care about, if only for reasons of vanity, was the supposed prestige of his family. So howís that working out for him? His namesake Donald Trump Jr is going to prison for having conspired with the Russians to try to alter the outcome of the election. His son-in-law Jared Kushner is headed to prison for massive financial fraud, and Kushnerís inevitable plea deal against Trump is likely to forever ruin the relationship between Trump and his favorite child Ivanka.

Hope Hicks, Trumpís quasi daughter, or whatever creepy connection it was he felt toward her, is now facing felony obstruction of justice charges and is likely to flip on him. The spotlight of the presidency has exposed so many of his past affairs, his wife Melania seems to be counting the days until the criminal charges against him allow her to safely get out of the prenup. Thatís before getting to the fact that Trumpís precious real estate properties bearing his name are all going to end up being seized assets in the end.

Donald Trumpís life went to hell the minute he was falsely named the winner of a rigged presidential election, and he made the monumentally stupid decision to actually take office instead of running for the hills. But when searching for the one moment in which everything finally fractured to the point that there was nothing left of his life one way or the other, we may end up looking back at this week in particular Ė and itís still only Thursday.

Source: NPR.org

Depth Of Russian Politician's Cultivation Of NRA Ties Revealed

Russian politician Alexander Torshin, standing next to then-Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin, attends a ceremony at the Kremlin in 2011. Torshin is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, and says he met Donald Trump through the group in 2015.

Konstantin Zavrazhin/Getty Images

Updated at 10:25 p.m. ET

A prominent Kremlin-linked Russian politician has methodically cultivated ties with leaders of the National Rifle Association, and documented efforts in real time over six years to leverage those connections and gain access deeper into American politics, NPR has learned.

Russian politician Alexander Torshin claimed his ties to the National Rifle Association provided him access to Donald Trump ó and the opportunity to serve as a foreign election observer in the United States during the 2012 election.

Torshin is a prolific Twitter user, logging nearly 150,000 tweets, mostly in Russian, since his account was created in 2011. Previously obscured by language and by sheer volume of tweets, Torshin has written numerous times about his connections with the NRA, of which he's a known paid lifetime member. NPR has translated a selection of those posts that document Torshin's relationship to the group.

These revelations come amid news that the FBI is investigating whether Torshin, the deputy governor of the Bank of Russia, illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to assist the Trump campaign in 2016, McClatchy reported in January.

In a letter to Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., a member of the Senate intelligence committee, the NRA denied any wrongdoing and suggested the FBI is investigating Torshin, not the NRA. Neither the NRA nor Torshin responded to inquiries from NPR.

Investigations by Congress and the Department of Justice have revealed that the Russian government has sought to sharpen political divisions among American citizens by amplifying controversial social issues. Investigators have expressed concern about Russian links to the NRA, one of the most politically polarizing organizations in the U.S.

Torshin is a former Russian senator and served as the deputy speaker of Russia's parliament for more than a decade. Known as a Putin ally, he also spent time on Russia's National Anti-Terrorism Committee, a state body that includes the director of Russia's internal security service and the ministers of defense, interior and foreign affairs.

Translation of November 2016 tweet: "For 15 years, I've traveled to the US with official delegations, and more often - privately. In this time, I NEVER HEARD ONE BAD WORD ABOUT RUSSIA!"

Torshin's use of NRA connections to open doors, and his 2015 claim to know Trump through the organization, raise new questions about the group's connections with Russian officials ó at a time when the organization is being roundly criticized by its opponents, and at times the president himself, for opposition to gun control.

The president has also defended the group in recent days as the gun debate has reemerged in the wake of a Florida school shooting, including a tweet calling the group's leaders "Great American Patriots."

The NRA has been a key part of Trump's conservative base. After a meeting with lawmakers in which Trump angered many conservatives for entertaining proposals for gun control, the president tweeted that he had another meeting with NRA leaders in the Oval Office on Thursday night.

On his verified Twitter account, Torshin talked about how he knew Donald Trump through the NRA, citing a connection at the group's 2015 convention. Responding to a tweet about comedian Larry David accusing Trump of being a racist, Torshin said he knew the businessman through the NRA, and defended him.

Translation of November 2015 tweet: "A comedian should make people laugh! Right? So he is trying! I know D. Trump (through NRA). A decent person."

"I saw him in Nashville" in April 2015, Torshin added later, the date and site of the NRA's 2015 convention. Trump gave a speech at that convention, the outlines of which would become familiar as his stump speech throughout the 2016 presidential campaign. The White House did not respond to repeated requests for comment by NPR, but denied Trump has ever met Torshin to Bloomberg News in 2017.

Among his tens of thousands of tweets, Torshin also documented his attendance at every NRA convention between 2012 and 2016, only some of which have been previously reported.

Torshin's attendance at the NRA convention in 2016 is where he reportedly met with Donald Trump, Jr.

Torshin had made repeated attempts to meet with Donald Trump himself at that convention during the presidential election year, but there is no evidence of this occurring. A conservative activist with ties to Torshin aide Maria Butina reached out to the Trump campaign in 2016, saying that Russia was "quietly but actively seeking a dialogue with the U.S." and would try to use the NRA convention to make "first contact," the New York Times reported.

"Putin is deadly serious about building a good relationship with Mr. Trump," the activist, Paul Erickson wrote. "He wants to extend an invitation to Mr. Trump to visit him in the Kremlin before the election." Erickson has business ties to Butina, having started an LLC with her in South Dakota.

Torshin has used his repeated trips to NRA conventions to cultivate relationships with top NRA officials. And his Twitter account documents that he has personally met with every person who has been president of the NRA since 2012.

On Twitter, Torshin portrayed these meetings as more than merely casual encounters. In 2017, he tweeted that he was bringing a gift to then-NRA President Allan Cors, and suggested he was familiar with Cors' hobbies.

Translation of January 2017 tweet: "Bought a gift for NRA President Allan Cors. Tanks are his favorite topic!"

Cors is the founder of the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles, according to its website.

In a public DropBox album that Torshin linked to from his Twitter account, he's seen meeting with former NRA president Jim Porter, as well as former NRA president David Keene.

His tweets suggest a longtime relationship with Keene, who repeatedly appears in photos as Torshin documents his visits, suggesting that their meeting was not merely coincidental. Keene did not respond to a request for comment.

Torshin has also met the current president of the NRA, Pete Brownell. Brownell was part of an NRA delegation that visited Moscow in 2015.
    These relationships that he cultivated appeared to open another door. Torshin came to the United States in 2012 as an international election observer, and watched as ballots were cast during the Obama-Romney presidential contest in Tennessee. This was possible, he wrote, due to his NRA links.

Translation of January 2015 tweet: "I was there at Obama's last election! The NRA card, to me as an observer from Russia, opened access to any [polling] station."

"Tennessee resident Kline Preston requested Mr. Torshin to be an international observer in November 2012," Adam Ghassemi, a spokesman for the Tennessee Secretary of State, told NPR. The Washington Post reported last year that Preston, a Tennessee lawyer, was the one who originally introduced Torshin to former NRA president David Keene back in 2011.

The heat is on the Russian politician, who was alleged by Spanish police to have directed financial transactions for the Russian mob. Not only is the FBI reportedly investigating him ó the bureau declined to comment for this story ó but lawmakers involved in congressional investigations have also expressed interest in Torshin.

Both the Senate and House intelligence committees are currently engaged in investigations into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Wyden, the top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee and a member of the Senate intelligence committee, has demanded the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network hand over documents related to Torshin and the NRA.

"The NRA and its related entities do not accept funds from foreign persons or entities in connection with United States elections," NRA General Counsel John Frazer wrote in response to a request from Wyden to turn over documents related to transactions between the NRA and Russian citizens. "NRA political decisions are made by NRA officers and executive staff, all of whom are United States citizens. No foreign nationals are consulted in any way on these decisions."

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee, told NPR this week that the committee's members have asked relevant witnesses about the NRA through the course of their investigation.

"I can't go into what we've been able to learn thus far on that issue. I can tell you it's one of deep concern to me and to other members of the committee, that we get to the bottom of these allegations that the Russians may have sought to funnel money through the NRA," Schiff said. "It would be negligent of us not to investigate."

Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of research firm Fusion GPS, alluded to Torshin and the NRA during his closed-door testimony before the House intelligence committee in November.

"It appears the Russians, you know, infiltrated the NRA. And there is more than one explanation for why," Simpson told lawmakers. "But I would say broadly speaking, it appears that the Russian operation was designed to infiltrate conservative organizations. And they targeted various conservative organizations, religious and otherwise, and they seem to have made a very concerted effort to get in with the NRA."

Not only are congressional investigators interested in the NRA's relationship with Russia, but this inquiry comes as the NRA is receiving additional pressure from groups hoping to pass additional gun restrictions into law, and as dozens of American companies have cut ties with the NRA in the wake of the Parkland, Fla., shooting last month.

"These revelations suggest that for years the NRA courted a top Putin ally who is now reportedly attracting scrutiny from the FBI," John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, told NPR. "NRA leaders still haven't explained their close relationship with Russian officials in Putin's orbit. Until they do, people will continue to wonder what the NRA is hiding."

NPR's Alina Selyukh and Audrey McNamara contributed to this story.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Justin HendrixVerified account @justinhendrixFollowingFollowing
    @justinhendrix

"One source -- who is a presidential ally -- is worried, really worried. The source says this past week is "different," that advisers are scared the President is spiraling, lashing out, just out of control."

BREAKING: According to people in the WH, President Trump is trying to get Chief of Staff John Kelly to remove his own daughter, Ivanka & son-in-law Jarad Kushner from their positions, while telling Ivanka & Jared that he thinks they should stay.
    per @maggieNYT & @MarkLandler
    Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; March 2nd, 2018 at 08:45 AM.

LL Bean will now also not sell guns & ammo to anyone under 21.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

An argument can be made that no administration has been 'without sin.'

With Trump, however, the stink is so deep we may never see the bottom. Mueller's methodical, steady, investigation is the only possible antidote to the histrionic corruption of Trump and his pestilent band of thieves.

Thread Information