View Poll Results: When push comes to shove will Ivanka stand with her husband or dad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy dearest

37 72.55%
  • Weasel boy

14 27.45%
Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Like Tree4352Likes

Thread: Tremendous people. All the best people. The general politics thread.

Hey now. My Honda is more American made than most American brands. The only thing that wasn't made and assembled in the US on my vehicle was the transmission.

Manufacturing[edit]

In the 1980s,[2] Honda established its own automobile plants in the U.S., becoming the first Japanese automaker to build cars in the U.S.[3] Honda already had begun producing motorcycles in the U.S., in 1979,[17] and in 1982, Honda began producing Accord sedans at its first U.S. auto plant, in Marysville, Ohio. The 1,000,000-square-foot (93,000 m2) plant cost nearly $300 million to build.[2] As of 2010, the plant measured 3,600,000 square feet (330,000 m2) with cumulative capital investment of $3.8 billion.
    During the next 10 years, Honda expanded its auto manufacturing presence, and as of 2010, the company was operating nine U.S. plants in six states. Collectively, these plants produce Honda and Acura automobiles, engines and transmissions, as well as Honda all-terrain vehicles and Honda power equipment products. In 2010, Honda America continued construction on two new factories in North Carolina, one for the production of the HondaJet very light jet, in Greensboro, and a second to produce its GE Honda HF120 turbofan engines, in Burlington.[23][24][25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ..._Motor_Company
    Brookie likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Tell Trump that.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    She's dumb then. She needs to wait until he's locked up, then she will control all the money.
    Going back to this because I saw an interesting comment elsewhere - if Don Jnr goes down on fraud/financial charges then he could be asset stripped, meaning that there won't be much for the wife to seize control of. This makes the possibility of a divorce even more interesting. Is she getting out while there's still something to take with her or could this be a maneuver to safeguard a chunk of money in the event of charges being brought, with plans for some good ol' Christian forgiveness and reconciliation if/when he gets away with it or gets out?
    fgg, Brookie, gas_chick and 2 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Hawaii Rep. Colleen Hanabusa argues against Trump's cuts to historical preservation grants, telling Zinke about how she didn't find out about her grandfather's incarceration in WWII camps until he was 80 yrs old.

Zinke responds: "Oh, konnichiwa"

https://t.co/ehkJFgHieV

Pete Herseth, a Fox & Friends personality and veterans advocate, is a leading candidate to take over the VA from embattled Secretary Shulkin, @Reinlwapo reports https://t.co/AG5ir7CYcb

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Speaking of which - RIP.

I know. I feel terrible ever using the great S. Hawking in a pun regarding this shit president. Sorry Stephen- RIP.
    Brookie likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    There's no such thing as a "bowling ball test". Someone believes/believed that?
    Here is the Nissan ad that he thinks is an official quality control test for Japanese automobiles: https://t.co/q5iuHVpXx4
    witchcurlgirl and Brookie like this.

Brookie, Mivvi21 and faithanne like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^^^ Oh. My. God. Did someone tell him about this ad and he thought it was real?

So I guess if it doesn't start raining bowling balls, all our cars are good?

.... Sorry, to Shimmering Glow.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Couple big news items today: Vanessa files for divorce from Don Jr.

Donald Trump Jr.?s wife Vanessa files for divorce - NY Daily News

This is one I like the best:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller Has Subpoenaed Trump Organization in Russia Investigation
    Trump Organization had already been voluntarily producing documents to Mueller’s team

Updated March 15, 2018 4:08 p.m. ET

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents related to his investigation into whether Trump associates colluded with Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The Trump Organization has been voluntarily producing documents to the special counsel for months, according to people familiar with the matter. “Since July 2017, we have advised the public that the Trump Organization is fully cooperative with all investigations, including the Special Counsel, and is responding to their requests,” said Alan Futerfas, an attorney for the Trump Organization, in a statement.

Referring to reports of a subpoena being issued, he said: “This is old news and our assistance and cooperation with the various investigations remains the same today.”

The statement didn’t directly confirm the issuance of the subpoena. The special counsel’s office declined to comment.

The news of the subpoena was first reported by the New York Times.

Mr. Mueller’s decision to subpoena the company—which is owned by President Donald Trump and managed by his two adult sons—appears to mirror the strategy he applied to the Trump campaign, which voluntarily gave documents to the special counsel for months before receiving a subpoena in October.

That subpoena requested documents and emails from more than a dozen top officials that reference a set of Russia-related keywords.

Mr. Mueller is investigating possible collusion with Moscow as part of a broader probe into Russian meddling in the election, and is also examining whether the president sought to obstruct justice in the Justice Department’s probe. Mr. Trump has denied collusion and obstruction of justice, and Moscow has denied meddling in the election.

The special counsel’s investigation has appeared to focus less on the president’s finances and more on questions of collusion and obstruction. Mr. Mueller’s team in recent months, however, has asked witnesses about the Trump Organization’s business endeavors in Russia, including an effort to build a Trump Tower in Moscow years before the election, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, an attorney for the Trump Organization at the time, discussed a prospective real-estate deal in Moscow with Mr. Trump on three occasions during the presidential campaign, Mr. Cohen told the The Wall Street Journal last year. In October 2015—months after Mr. Trump had launched his presidential campaign—Mr. Cohen sought and received his signature on a nonbinding letter of intent for the project. He told Mr. Trump he killed the proposal in January 2016, Mr. Cohen said.

That month, Mr. Cohen sent an email to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s top press official to ask for “assistance” in arranging the deal, the Journal previously reported.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/special-...ion-1521143068
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    yep.

In this talk, he went after a host of allies, as a matter of fact, accusing Japan, the European Union, and South Korea of years of ripping off the United States.
    He was so manic, that he even threatened to pull U.S. troops out of South Korea if he doesn’t get what he wants, as far as trade.
    While claiming that South Korea had gotten rich off of cheating the United States in trade, he pushed:

“We have a very big trade deficit with them, and we protect them,” Trump said. “We lose money on trade, and we lose money on the military. We have right now 32,000 soldiers between North and South Korea. Let’s see what happens.”
    “Our allies care about themselves,” he said. “They don’t care about us.”

While attacking Japan, he created this scenario of how Japan uses gimmicks and tricks to avoid allowing U.S. auto makers from selling to their consumers.

“It’s the bowling ball test. They take a bowling ball from 20 feet up in the air and drop it on the hood of the car,” Trump said of Japan. “If the hood dents, the car doesn’t qualify. It’s horrible,” he said.

It was unclear what he was talking about.
    https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2...raising-event/

cheap-ass American car hoods

jimmy kimmel orders merchandise from the trump family's official online store and shows what he received in the box.

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Gotta love Kimmel.
    panic likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Looks like Trump lied about lying to Canada’s prime minister

Carole Orr
    1 min ago
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau meets with U.S. President Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House, in Washington, D.C., on Monday, Feb. 13, 2017

It appears that Trump was just caught making up a story about the time he made up a story.

Trump was caught bragging about lying to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in an audio recording released on Thursday. But now, it appears that Trump was lying when he boasted about the time he lied to Trudeau.

The leaked recording captured Trump telling donors in Missouri on Wednesday that he had invented a story about the U.S. trade deficit during a meeting with Trudeau. Trump can be heard admitting that he “didn’t even know” if his claims about trade were true when he said them.

He also said staffers for both of the world leaders were sent out of the room to check the facts on the trade deficit, and that they had come back and concluded that he was correct. That’s a lie — Trump was not correct in telling Trudeau the U.S. runs a trade deficit with Canada.

But the story doesn’t end there.

According to Alexander Panetta, Washington correspondent for The Canadian Press news agency, Trump’s story about lying to Trudeau may itself be a lie.

“For starters, the Canadian government is unsure what meeting he’s referring to,” Panetta reported in the National Post. “A Canadian official said the conversation may have happened by phone.”

Panetta said on Twitter that the story Trump told donors appears to be “a blend of different chats” that took place over the phone — not, as Trump claimed, a meeting where aides were “sent out” of the room to fact-check his statement about the trade deficit.

In other words, Trump was caught on tape boasting about lying — and now, it appears that has been caught making up a story about the time he made up a story.
    During the presidential campaign, a full 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked were false, while just 4 percent were completely true. People close to Trump say he has lied his way through life, spouting falsehoods about everything from the tiles on the floor of Mar-a-Lago, to his success as a businessman, to stories of “millions” of people voting illegally.

Now, there may another lie to add to that rapidly growing list.

https://shareblue.com/trump-lied-can...mpression=true
    Brookie likes this.

How would you keep so many lies straight in your head? He clearly doesn’t write or read (except for that serial killer scrawl on his new laws).

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    How would you keep so many lies straight in your head?
    He doesn't need to, he just moves on to the next lie and brushes the old ones aside, or builds on them or completely contradicts them - it doesn't really matter. He's just a rambling old windbag who likes the sound of his own voice and thinks everything that comes out of his mouth is entertaining and fascinating to everyone else, so has no qualms about spouting a lot of easily-verifiable bullshit. He's the L Ron Hubbard of politics.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Thread Information