View Poll Results: When push comes to shove will Ivanka stand with her husband or dad?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daddy dearest

37 72.55%
  • Weasel boy

14 27.45%
Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree4352Likes

Thread: Tremendous people. All the best people. The general politics thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Kushner is compromised - but who's going to enforce this when the "president" is your FIL? How will we know he isn't seeing any more top secret stuff??
    The gesture to take away his clearance is meaningless because the fool in the Oval Office can show him anything he wants to.

I have been rubbing my hands together since Election Day waiting for Jared to go down. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that he's in big trouble for trading political favors for his own personal business (which is supposedly in a blind trust but I don't trust a word any of these assholes say) favors. It went into details about meetings before and after the election/inauguration. Maybe I'm a drama queen but I hope we get huge fireworks when this administration implodes. I want them all to go down, but for some reason I want Jared almost as much as I want Trump to go down the tubes.
    tulip and Mivvi21 like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's amateur hour at the WH...
    Brookie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I have been rubbing my hands together since Election Day waiting for Jared to go down. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that he's in big trouble for trading political favors for his own personal business (which is supposedly in a blind trust but I don't trust a word any of these assholes say) favors. It went into details about meetings before and after the election/inauguration. Maybe I'm a drama queen but I hope we get huge fireworks when this administration implodes. I want them all to go down, but for some reason I want Jared almost as much as I want Trump to go down the tubes.
    You don't start your career in government by being President of the United States. And you definitely don't hire your son in law with ZERO experience to lead the way for you.
    twitchy2.0 and Mivvi21 like this.

Ben Carson’s HUD, Planning Cuts, Spends $31,000 on Dining Set for His Office

By GLENN THRUSHFEB. 27, 2018

Ben Carson, the secretary of housing and urban development, touring an apartment building in Columbus, Ohio, in April. CreditTy Wright for The New York Times

WASHINGTON — Department of Housing and Urban Development officials spent $31,000 on a new dining room set for Secretary Ben Carson’s office in late 2017 — just as the White House circulated its plans to slash HUD’s programs for the homeless, elderly and poor, according to federal procurement records.

The purchase of the custom hardwood table, chairs and hutch came a month after a top agency staff member filed a whistle-blower complaint charging Mr. Carson’s wife, Candy Carson, with pressuring department officials to find money for the expensive redecoration of his offices, even if it meant circumventing the law.
    Mr. Carson is also facing questions on another front. Under pressure earlier this month, he requested that HUD’s inspector general investigate his son’s involvement in a department-sponsored listening tour of Baltimore last summer. Department lawyers had warned Mr. Carson that including Ben Carson Jr., an entrepreneur who does business with the federal government, could create a conflict of interest.

Mr. Carson “didn’t know the table had been purchased,” but does not believe the cost was too steep and does not intend to return it, said Raffi Williams, a HUD spokesman.
    “In general, the secretary does want to be as fiscally prudent as possible with the taxpayers’ money,” he added.

The White House is proposing to slash department programs for the homeless, elderly and poor.CreditJustin T. Gellerson for The New York Times

Department officials did not request approval from the House or Senate Appropriations Committees for the expenditure of $31,561, even though federal law requires congressional approval “to furnish or redecorate the office of a department head” if the cost exceeds $5,000.

Mr. Williams said department officials did not request congressional approval because the dining set served a “building-wide need.” The table is inside the secretary’s 10th-floor office suite.
    The decision was made by a “career staffer” who selected the company, Sebree and Associates, which is based in Mr. Carson’s longtime hometown, Baltimore, from a list of preapproved federal contractors, Mr. Williams said.

Neither Mr. Carson nor his wife — who expressed a strong interest in sprucing up the drab, wood-paneled, 1960s-era secretary’s suite, according to several current and former department staff members — requested that the 50-year-old table be replaced, Mr. Williams said.
    But he had remarked how the previous table was covered in scratches, scuff marks and cracks. Mr. Williams emailed several pictures of the old table, which looks polished and not visibly scarred, during events held by Mr. Carson’s predecessor, Julián Castro.
    The new table, listed as “household furniture” in federal procurement documents, has not yet arrived.

A spokesman said Mr. Carson did not believe the cost of the dining set was too steep and did not intend to return it. CreditTom Brenner/The New York Times

About a month before it was ordered, Helen G. Foster, a former top HUD official, filed a complaint with the Office of Special Counsel, a federal whistle-blower agency, claiming that she had been demoted and transferred after resisting Mrs. Carson’s attempts to get around the $5,000 redecoration law.
    The pressure began in January 2017, before Mr. Carson was even confirmed, when HUD’s interim secretary, Craig Clemmensen, told Mrs. Foster to help secure redecorating funds for Mrs. Carson, a frequent visitor to the department’s Washington headquarters who serves as an informal adviser to her husband, the complaint said.

Mr. Clemmensen, acting on Mrs. Carson’s behalf, told Mrs. Foster to “find money” to purchase better furniture for the office — and he quipped that “$5,000 will not even buy a decent chair,” according to the complaint, which was reported by The Guardian newspaper.

Mrs. Foster refused to comply, and said she then sent HUD officials the text of the law requiring congressional approval for the purchases. After she was removed from her position as the department’s chief administrative officer, she was made head of the agency’s unit overseeing Freedom of Information Act requests, which she viewed as an act of retribution.
    She “has suffered much humiliation and a loss of reputation, and harm to career advancement, as a result of this retaliatory reassignment,” according to a letter written by her lawyer, Joseph Kaplan, to the head of the special counsel investigations unit on Nov. 3.

Mr. Williams said Mrs. Foster was reassigned as part of a routine agency reshuffle, and denied that Mrs. Carson pressured her to help redecorate the office.
    “Secretary Carson, to the best of our knowledge, is the only secretary to go to the subbasement at his agency to select the furniture for his office,” Mr. Williams said.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Brookie likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Pence: Abortion in the U.S. will end "in our time" https://t.co/xivNiR74uC https://t.co/CJzDxG3GNN

“LEHIGH VALLEY
    Lehigh University faculty vote to rescind Trump's honorary degree"

University officials told 69 News Tuesday afternoon that faculty voted to rescind the degree bestowed on Trump in 1988.”
    https://t.co/YvvtPdhCcd

Source confirms Hicks acknowledged telling white lies for Trump, but she said never lied about anything substantive https://t.co/cwnmL30LKl

"Am told Robert Mueller himself walked into the room several times to talk to Steve Bannon. Not surprising given Bannon's seniority but it's quite rare for Mueller to attend interviews."

"Been reported elsewhere that he sits in often, 'sphinx-like', not saying much, but scaring the f out of witnesses"

"I’ve heard that. That he’ll enter the room med interview, never say a word & just sit there. Then leave. I want to see a movie about him"
    ikmccall, lindsaywhit and Brookie like this.

"Am told Robert Mueller himself walked into the room several times to talk to Steve Bannon. Not surprising given Bannon's seniority but it's quite rare for Mueller to attend interviews."

"Been reported elsewhere that he sits in often, 'sphinx-like', not saying much, but scaring the f out of witnesses"

"I’ve heard that. That he’ll enter the room med interview, never say a word & just sit there. Then leave. I want to see a movie about him"
    My world just got a little brighter again. Godspeed, Mueller.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I hope Hicks remembers White Lies Matter.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

I'm sure my version of a white lie and Hicks' version are quite different.

Well....now we know why Trump was screaming about a witch hunt yesterday. State charges in the making against Kushner.

BREAKING: New York’s banking regulator has asked Deutsche Bank and two other banks to provide info about Jared Kushner, his family and the Kushner Cos., @gregfarrel and @davidkski report.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I think you're thinking of his sister offering up business visas if only the chinese billionaires would fork over cash to the Kushner clan.

So one of the sealed indictments that Mueller has filed but not release has to be Carter Page, right?
    C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

They say he only asks if he knows the answers already....

Mueller's team is asking witnesses pointed questions about whether Trump was aware that Democratic emails had been stolen before that was publicly known, and whether he was involved in their strategic release, people familiar with the probe tell NBC News. https://t.co/j0Gw0ldVHs

witch hunt!!! ��“Mueller's investigators have asked witnesses whether Trump was aware of plans for WikiLeaks to publish emails. They have also asked about the relationship between Roger Stone and Julian Assange, and why Trump took policy positions favorable to Russia.”

Hope Hicks is resigning in the coming weeks. Wonder if she told any of those little white lies while she was answering to Mueller. Would it be too "lowly" for Ivanka to take her role? She a little long in the tooth to get back to "modelling". And I wonder where she'll find boyfriends now.

Hope Hicks just resigned.

Hope Hicks to Resign as White House Communications Director

By MAGGIE HABERMANFEB. 28, 2018

Hope Hicks did not indicate what her next job would be or when she intended to leave her post as White House communications director. CreditLeah Millis/ReutersHope Hicks, the White House communications director and one of President Trump’s longest-serving advisers, said Wednesday that she was resigning.

Ms. Hicks, 29, a former model who joined Mr. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign without any experience in politics, became known as one of the few aides who understood his personality and style and could challenge the president to change his views.

Ms. Hicks had been considering leaving for several months. She told colleagues that she had accomplished what she felt she could with a job that made her one of the most powerful people in Washington, and that there would never be a perfect moment to leave, according to White House aides.

Her resignation came a day after she testified for eight hours before the House Intelligence Committee, telling the panel that in her job, she had occasionally been required to tell white lies but had never lied about anything connected to the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

She did not say what her next job would be, and her departure date was unclear, but it is likely to be in the next few weeks.

Ms. Hicks said that she had “no words” to express her gratitude to the president, who responded with his own statement.

“Hope is outstanding and has done great work for the last three years,” Mr. Trump said. “She is as smart and thoughtful as they come, a truly great person. I will miss having her by my side, but when she approached me about pursuing other opportunities, I totally understood. I am sure we will work together again in the future.”

As communications director, Ms. Hicks worked to stabilize, to some extent, a fractious press department of about 40 people who were often at odds with one another in 2017.

She maintained one of the lowest public profiles of anyone to ever hold the job, declining to sit for interviews or appear at the White House briefing room podium. That mystique added to the outsize attention she received.

“I quickly realized what so many have learned about Hope: She is strategic, poised and wise beyond her years,” said John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff. “She became a trusted adviser and counselor, and did a tremendous job overseeing the communications for the president’s agenda including the passage of historic tax reform. She has served her country with great distinction. To say that she will be missed is an understatement.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/u...-director.html

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yeah, poor kid. Those little white lies just weren't good enough to keep her widdle job.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information