Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brokaw: Chris Matthews & Keith Olbermann have gone too far

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    go back and read more of my posts and educate yourself on me some more; i dont have time to answer that for you.
    And I don't have the time or feel the need to "educate" myself on you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

then dont comment on my ass!

No one needs to educate anyone on anything. Jesus fucking Christ.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

What Obama means to me if pretty profound. I have lived in this country since 1962. I'm from Canada and never got my citizenship. I didn't feel proud of this country until Obama decided to run. So I went and got "citizenfied" so I could vote for him. I'm 58 and this will be my first election that I am voting in. I am still a proud Canadian though, so are my children.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

he's acheived something truly amazing. that alone makes him worthy of this nomination and presidency

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    What Obama means to me if pretty profound. I have lived in this country since 1962. I'm from Canada and never got my citizenship. I didn't feel proud of this country until Obama decided to run. So I went and got "citizenfied" so I could vote for him. I'm 58 and this will be my first election that I am voting in. I am still a proud Canadian though, so are my children.
    Wow. I don't quite know how to take this. You have lived in our country for 46 years. During that time you found nothing to be proud of until a bi-racial man was nominated for president? And although you have got "citizenfied" you still consider yourself a proud Canadian?

Although I too think this is an historic moment in American history, I don't believe someone should live somewhere practically their entire life that they apparently are ashamed of and disagree with. Perhaps you should go to that lake in Ontario you are dreaming of and stay there.

America - love it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    he's acheived something truly amazing. that alone makes him worthy of this nomination and presidency
    He has achieved the nomination of the Democratic party to run for president. He is not the first, nor will he be the last. That is not what makes him worthy.

What makes him worthy to be president is what he believes in, how he will lead and what he will be able to do for our country.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    Wow. I don't quite know how to take this. You have lived in our country for 46 years. During that time you found nothing to be proud of until a bi-racial man was nominated for president? And although you have got "citizenfied" you still consider yourself a proud Canadian?

Although I too think this is an historic moment in American history, I don't believe someone should live somewhere practically their entire life that they apparently are ashamed of and disagree with.
    Ugh, whynot. I have to live BESIDE it, and it's bad enough all your smog and pollution floats over the lake to our country.

Perhaps you should go to that lake in Ontario you are dreaming of and stay there.
    Perhaps you should lick her clit. It tastes like Maple Syrup.

.... oooooooooooor instead of existing in a narrow frame of mind you actually embrace reality with all its faults, foibles and facets.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

ugh, ok watever...

anyways im wating the next president of the us on tv now and im really tense, im happy, but i cant watch, i can only listen..... im scared of nutjobs.......to be honest.

My boyfriend has lived in this country since 1983. He became a citizen after Bush won the last time. We are behind Barack Obama. I want to find that pride in my country that I used to have. I think Barack Obama is the man to do it

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post

Although I too think this is an historic moment in American history, I don't believe someone should live somewhere practically their entire life that they apparently are ashamed of and disagree with. Perhaps you should go to that lake in Ontario you are dreaming of and stay there.

I was brought here when I turned 13. I planned on moving back when I graduated high school. I graduated and made my plans. My father had a heart attack and they needed me to help out. so I went to work at KMart. What a great job While working I met my future husband who was from France. We married and did think of moving to either Canada or France. Instead he opened his own repair shop, (repairs Mercedes) after that we really couldn't leave. He became a citizen and we raised two wonderful children. I do go home every summer and in the back of my mind I plan to spend my retirement summers on that lake in Ontario with my sister. I pay my taxes, my husband runs a business and hires employees, pays big taxes, and always always votes. So I didn't become a citizen. It has been hard to be proud of this country. When I was younger I was uninterested as a lot of young people are. As I got older I cared a great deal but for many years you had to renounce your citizenship when you became American. This I was unable to do. Now you can have dual citizenship. Sorry I'm not your idea of what a great American should be, but then America hasn't been a great idea of what a country should be.

Nana55, you think America is not a great country, yet it has afforded you the opportunities you listed in your message.

As a true American, I have a problem with others living here who do not stand behind our country and have pride in it. America is a great country, and while all countries have problems and makes mistakes, no one can match the good that America and their people do for others all around the world. No, I don't agree with everything our leaders have done over the years, but I am sure that could be said of any country - other than those who just sit back and do nothing at all. But I would never dream of not being proud to be an American or wish to live somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Ugh, whynot. I have to live BESIDE it, and it's bad enough all your smog and pollution floats over the lake to our country.
    Well I have to live beside Canada and I am tired of your trash being hauled into my state for disposal. Keep your trash at home!

We pay you for it. Hush your mouth.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

We could have had the same opportunities in almost any country in Europe also in Canada. My husband wasn't sure he wanted to emmigrate to another country so soon. Yes, we had a nice living here. I have wonderful friends. You don't become a citizen of a country because of money, but because in your heart you love it. I'm sorry that as a true american you wish I would leave. However not yet. I'm a citizen now and I'm proud to be. I want this country to become what it forefathers promised.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information