Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tina Fey, Sarah Palin cross paths on SNL

I really don't think she gained anything by being on.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Oh whatever. It was funny and she was a good sport, not unlike the McCain/Obama humor a few nights ago. Lighten up.
    Tina Fey was funny, Palin wasn't. Although I did like hearing her say 'Caribou Barbie.'

Now McCain was actually funny the other night.

Eli

That was FUUUUUNNN.
    Omg that was so much fun. Usually when I watch SNL I'm bored by its unfunniness. But that was FUN.
    I love Sarah Palin. I'm going for Obama but I still like her, even if she's a bit mad.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Tina Fey was funny, Palin wasn't. Although I did like hearing her say 'Caribou Barbie.'

Now McCain was actually funny the other night.
    Amy Poeler (sp) was hysterical too, with the rap. The most disturbing things about Palin are 1) her dead eyes. Is this characteristic a Repug trademark? That crazy Bachman bitch, McCain with his dead shark eyes, Palin whose eyes have the same expression (none) whether she's laughing, or whether she's regurgitating a serious portion of a memorized campaign speech 2) the fact that she appeared to be under the impression that she was IN on the joke (making her cool, smirky face) while really, she wasn't.

P.S. And no: I really still don't see the "pretty" thing. If that's pretty, then 75% of the planet's population is, and we all know THAT ain't so.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    The joke is still on Palin.
    She's such a dimwit that she doesn't understand that.

I liked when Fey said that the American's are angry and so is John McCain.

Bronze Member

The Weekend Update segment with Palin was cute, so Sarah can do comedy skits and that's fine and dandy, but she won't go on shows like "Face the Nation" or "Meet the Press", to discuss the critical issues and represent herself as a candidate qualified to be the next Vice President of the United States.
    Last edited by Calimaster; October 19th, 2008 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimaster View Post
    The Weekend Update segment with Palin was cute, so Sarah can do comedy skits and that's fine and dandy, but she won't go on shows like "Face the Nation" or "Meet the Press", to discuss the critical issues and represent herself as a candidate qualified to be the next Vice President of the United States.
    Now THAT is the most chapping of all. It is insulting to every woman,but especially those women gonernors and senators with years of experience that he stomped over to get her. Those women would be front and center,mixing it up with all of them. I just cannot believe how stupid he was!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Now THAT is the most chapping of all. It is insulting to every woman,but especially those women gonernors and senators with years of experience that he stomped over to get her. Those women would be front and center,mixing it up with all of them. I just cannot believe how stupid he was!
    That's the part that pisses me off the most. This has the potential to be history changing, and instead this woman is the least qualified woman he could find just to try to be shocking and prove he's a "maverick". Instead of it being a great moment in women's history if she does become the vice president, it will be embarrassing and potentially detrimental to this country and any future woman who wants to hold that office or higher. There are scores of other qualified women out there that could be sitting in her place and doing the job infinitely better than her, and I'm counting Hillary in there even though I wasn't a supporter, and the fact they aren't is a complete joke.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    She's such a dimwit that she doesn't understand that.

I liked when Fey said that the American's are angry and so is John McCain.

Ok seriously.. you guys really don't think Palin got that the jokes were about her.? Wow... She just doesn't care what Alec Baldwin or any of those people think of her. She was a good sport.
    She even made fun of herself when she came out and said "I'm not going to answer any of your questions".

You all act like she's dumb.. she's not dumb, she's just not qualified.
    She's just as much a "politician" as Biden and Obama. (I just like them better)

I don't like anything she stands for but I'm not going to slam her just to slam her.

I thought it was great that she went on SNL and Amy Poehler's rap had me in tears. Other than that..the show is not funny anymore!

I think she's evil because she thinks her media avoidance, lies and assholery are actually amusing.

She's like those evil cheerleader bitches in high school.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Wow. I just watched the rap and that's embarassing. I almost felt sorry for her, how stupid can you be when you just sit there and pump your head along to the beat while someone is making fun of you right to your face. I love how they focused on what a violent person she really is, she's just way too stupid to understand it's not normal to be that way. Very revealing. I love watching Amy Poehler rap though, I remember one of the first times she was ever on there was when she did an 'east coast vs. west coast' SNL cast rap, she's hysterical.

to grim above, yep, you found the level, that's exactly what she is. She hasn't matured a day since the age of 14 and probably is a huge Fey fan because of "Mean Girls", and not because of identifying with the Lohan character.

I just watched both clips and I have a few comments.

First, anyone notice that she didn't really use her twangy accents? Even when she said "You betcha!" after the rap?

Two, she didn't look like she was enjoying herself. Most people who go on there when they're being spoofed LOOK like they're having a good time. She looked like she didn't want to be there when she was talking to Loren and when she was sitting on Weekend Update.

Three, The joke's still on her in all of this. A lot of people can take the weight off of their criticisms or foibles when they spoof themselves or what they've said. Marky Mark probably acquitted himself of the statements he made about Sandberg on Jimmy Kimmel (which were probably bad jokes anyways 'cuz it was on Kimmel). End of chapter on that for him.

Sarah Palin just reinforced the jokes in a way. It would've been much better if she'd tried to out-Palin Fey in a skit. I bet she didn't want to do anything like that. Just saying "You betcha!" without the funny accent at the end of Weekend Update just doesn't count. You have to turn the spooof on its head, which she didn't.

I can't believe the McCain advisors let her go on. They've been poking fun at her for weeks now. She doesn't show me a strong intelligent woman, just a fame whore. What a bunch of dimwits, of course we all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    I just watched both clips and I have a few comments.

First, anyone notice that she didn't really use her twangy accents? Even when she said "You betcha!" after the rap?

Sarah Palin just reinforced the jokes in a way. It would've been much better if she'd tried to out-Palin Fey in a skit. I bet she didn't want to do anything like that. Just saying "You betcha!" without the funny accent at the end of Weekend Update just doesn't count. You have to turn the spooof on its head, which she didn't.

Oh wow, that is a great point, she really dropped her fake accent for this skit, didn't she. Fantastic catch there. I've been trying to find that interview with her that was supposed to back up the rumors that she faked the Trig pregnancy, where she walks with the reporter up to her office, because I don't remember her being all Fargo on steroids in that interview either. Someone really needs to do a breakdown of her pronunciations of words pre-and post-nomination and with different audiences, it would be fun to see side by side.

here's a radio interview without the distraction of her face. She does apparently drop the 'g's and stuff, but the 'Fargo' type stuff is definitely a put-on.
    YouTube - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin Interview

another pre-nom interview
    YouTube - Sarah Palin on Glenn Beck

I can't figure out why she sounds so much more competent in this second interview than I have ever heard her sound post-nomination.
    Last edited by ymeman; October 19th, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information