Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thousands march to US Capitol to protest spending

Quoting Keith Olbermann is the only thing that makes sense right now:

"There are many vague portions of this bill, but section 246 says it plain: "No federal payment for undocumented aliens."

I defend Congressman Wilson's right to incivility. A little incivility six years ago might have stopped the Iraq war. He can shout anything he wants, at anybody he wants, in any circumstances he wants. Providing that he is willing to suffer the consequences of his actions, I am willing to suffer him.

This nation can survive a president being disrespected by some nickel-dime congressman from Beaufort; the shame falls onto the shouter and not the one shouted at.

But this nation cannot survive the continued acceptance, the continued endorsement, the continued encouragement, the continued institutionalization of stupidity." (from Thursday's Special Comment)

Um, we have a Bahamanian born Governor General (technically above the Prime Minister), and she's just lovely. Nobody here had a problem with her.

She's actually kind of fun.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't think race and relgion alone is why these morans are freaking out. One of the things I hear against the health care reform is the taxes. They don't want to pay more taxes for more people to get covered, especially the "lazy poor people". There's class warfare invovled in this too. They think Obama is all for the welfare people instead of the tax-paying base. It's insane. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post

where's your apostrophe, you stupid NRA slut?

it's too bad we haven't invented a sterilising gas that someone could just dump on all these assholes from a plane.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly. But, then again, the typical GOP strategy is to blame the Democrats for your failed policies. Clinton was blamed for 9/11, even though Dubya was asleep at the wheel. And now Obama gets blamed for running the economy into the ditch and expanding the size of government, despite Dubya doing both for the last 8 years.
    Yeah, it's just like how "balancing the budget" is always a priority for Republicans when the Democrats are in power but never a priority when they're in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Yeah, it's just like how "balancing the budget" is always a priority for Republicans when the Democrats are in power but never a priority when they're in power.
    Yeah, the GOP's mantra is 'Clinton was too busy getting his dick sucked and caused 9/11, Bush kept us safe for 8 years, and now Obama's steering us toward Armaggedon.'

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I do not understand what is up with the gun freaks; no one is taking away guns so wtf is the problem? Oh no first it will be healthcare and then it will be guns! Kind of makes sense in a way; cut healthcare costs by getting rid of guns.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Today, as we all know, was Teabagger day in D.C. This morning, my running partner, Courtney and I did our long run along the Mall so we could check out the scene. We were among them.

Early on, the organizers had predicted millions would attend. Not even close. I was at the inauguration and saw what millions looked like. This was very far from it. Very far. The Washington Post reported there were "tens of thousands." Teabaggers have been tweeting a fake picture (of a sunny day and today wasn't sunny) apparently to claim they had a bigger crowd. Mike Stark has a video showing the size of the crowd, which really didn't extend too far down the Mall. In fact, the National Black Family Reunion took up most of the mall today. Yes, that event was taking place at the same time the teabaggers were protesting. (At 14 seconds into Mike Stark's video, you can see the white tents for the family reunion on the other side of a big patch of empty lawn.) Quite a juxtaposition.

I've been rooting around to find photo galleries of the protesters. Josh Nelson captured the essence of the event here. And, I did see that "Obamacare" hearse. Huffington Posthas an array of photos, as does Think Progress. My overall take: The teabaggers were a very white, very angry and older crowd. There were a smattering of confederate flags around. The only thing missing was the white robes and hoods. Let's just say, if one of them had a concession stand selling white robes and hoods, they'd have made a bundle.

I'd like to make a friendly suggestion to the teabaggers: Get a hobby, do some volunteer work, or better yet work out and get some exercise. These people needs lives. They were a stream of vitriol walking to the Capitol. Watching them, if you didn't know better, you'd think that somehow Obama was some kind of third world dictator. Here's a note to the teabaggers: We have these things in America called elections. Our side won. That's why Obama is in power. Your side lost. It's called democracy. My goodness, they are sore losers.

Meanwhile, the rest of D.C. and the country went on with our relatively non-angry lives. One does wonder just how many of those folks wandering around today are on Medicaid or some other government-sponsored disability program. This is going to sound bitchy (but it's true), this wasn't the healthiest looking group of people who were descending on the Capitol. Granted, I was doing a 15 mile run and was feeling like quite the athlete, but, wow.

After my run, I spent the afternoon at orientation for the English as a Second Language program where Carlos and I volunteer each week. Being a better teacher of English to immigrants seemed like a very productive use of my time when there were so many angry and bitter people wandering around my city.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth: My take on the teabaggers: Very white, older and very, very angry
    hah lame
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Of course, the unfortunate irony is that when tens of thousands protested going to war in Iraq, it got no coverage.

When a few fucktards descend on the Mall, they'll get tons of coverage and probably the front-page of the Washington Post.

In fact, the National Black Family Reunion took up most of the mall today.

They didn't check to see what other groups had permits for the Mall today! I bet they were UP-SET! That a bunch of black people were partying around them, while they were protesting the one living at their White House! Or, they hoped a few of them would come in view of a camera....

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Of course, the unfortunate irony is that when tens of thousands protested going to war in Iraq, it got no coverage.

When a few fucktards descend on the Mall, they'll get tons of coverage and probably the front-page of the Washington Post.
    Don't forget that protesters were cordoned off in an area where they would be noticed the least.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

The million morons march.

The National Black Family Reunion | Slog | The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper

On the same day that Glen Beck's teabaggers are marching through Washington D.C. demanding that Barack Hussein Hitler Obama be impeached, the National Black Family Reunion Celebration is being held on the mall.
    "The tea-baggers are now streaming past the Black Family Reunion Celebration," writes Slog tipper and commenter BrinkleyBoy. "There is a LOT of tension in the air. The fact that nearly ALL the tea-baggers are white hasn't been lost on the BFRC attendees—a group that is, I might mention, significantly more diverse than the tea-baggers.
    "Many of the attendees of the Black Family Reunion Celebration have mentioned something you said in your earlier post, Dan. The teabaggers were silent about so many of the same issues that they're now harping on. I heard one BFRC attendee remark, 'That's how you know it's not about politics, it's about race.'"

The comments are the best..

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Here's his sign:

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything less from The Stranger's readers in giving these idiots hell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information