Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: For those of you voting Nov. 4th...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I can't drop her like that. She's been a good friend to me in some rough times. But once she started going on about how she was making a statement for women everywhere by not voting in this election, I knew it was time to end the conversation.
    Yeah,right. That'll show 'em.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

SSDiva, I got that same email and I triumphantly told my husband, "I got an email from my friend Barry!!!!"

Happy voting to everyone!

I voted this morning!!! I got there at 6 a.m. and waited 30 minutes.
    I also got to see Obama last night in Virginia at his rally which was super cool!
    As I was casting my ballot for O and Biden, I had this huge smile on my face.

Yay! Today is going to be insane waiting for the results to come in!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I voted this morning!!! I got there at 6 a.m. and waited 30 minutes.
    I also got to see Obama last night in Virginia at his rally which was super cool!
    As I was casting my ballot for O and Biden, I had this huge smile on my face.

Yay! Today is going to be insane waiting for the results to come in!
    That makes us practically neighbors! I watched him last week from my front porch just down route 15 from where he was last night, ha! And I could have thrown a rock from my office to the Nissan Pavillion when he was there. I hope he sweeps Virginia today and breaks the good old boy Repuke stranglehold.

Congrats on being the first GRer to post that they voted today!~

^^ We probably are neighbors!

This morning they had a bunch of Mccain supporters picketing the voting line with fliers and signs. I called over to the O center I volunteer for to tell them to come out in droves.

I hope hope hope Obama wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When are you voting, Chee? Or did you already?

Gold Member

I just got back from voting. Got there at 7 and waited 40 minutes. First time voting and it felt good to vote for Obama, but sadly I have to work 6-10. It's gonna drive me crazy not being able to hear whats going on.

^^ Keep checking the internet, news if you can Yay for voting!

Gold Member

^^I can't even do that. We don't have internet. I'm a college student working at her local Blockbuster. I'm gonna have someone text me results. I think I can last 4 hours.

I have been in line since 6:15 and am moments away from voting. These lines are soo long and I'm so very proud. I'm an Obama and Biden voter!!!!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

"During early voting, the clerk's office got a report of a woman who showed up to a polling place in west Harris County wearing an Obama T-shirt. She was told she could cover the shirt up, turn it inside out, or not wear it. She chose not to wear it, and voted in her bra."
    Houstonian wearing Alaska T-shirt nearly denied a vote | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

A person from another board I frequent announced that he was going to hang out with a bunch of plain t-shirts for people to use to cover themselves in case they didn't know about the rules so that they could still vote. Sounded like a good idea to me.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

I'm gonna be heading out in about 20 minutes to vote, just woke up. My dad went at 5:30 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Only worrisome thing to me is here in the greater DC area there are many many military jets spotted in the airspace. Local radio says that it is a harmless military training maneuver but the tin foil hat wearin' part of me is thinking the President is up to something sinister to do with the upcoming election.

I need a valium and a nap.
    well there IS that brigade of active duty marines standing by "just in case" as well... 4000 troops..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

What time do the polls close? And what time do they start counting the ballots?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Polls close at 7 pm here-but I don't know of a soul who has not already voted! Everyone is excited!

Oh-just because the polls close,everyone in line at that time still gets to vote ,even if it takes hours.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^ What time do they start counting the ballots?

Texas is 2 hours ahead of Eastern time right? So that's 9:00PM EST.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Thread Information