Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you voting Nov. 4th...

^^Me, too, January. It's gonna be a crazy day!!!

I pray to god that Obama wins this! I can't immagine what life will be like being under Palin's presidency. I have a horrible feeling John Mc Cain will die in the next 2 years at the most.

As I've said before, I can't talk too much about politics on GR cuz of my job in elections--however, I do read this forum just about every day. You all have done such a great job of posting interesting articles, videos and fun arguments too. Oh...and I enjoyed the drinking game for the 3rd debate.

Vote please! I can't urge you enough. After/when/if I get outta work Tuesday night, I'll be checking in if I can. That is, if they allow me to leave...LOL.

I heard that NYC had no early voting. I wonder why & how they can pack all those people in on one day?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'll be voting first thing in the morning to avoid all the crowds and long lines

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Working election day at the polls. Already voted so I'll be on late checking with all the other politicos here. Too bad we cannot put together a government based on us in the political threads. I'm convinced with all the smart posters we have here we'd have the war over in Iraq, the economic, oil and health care crisis resolved in a few weeks before tackling the lack of pudding cups.

... if GR ruled the world......

oh man

Elite Member

I've tried to vote early 2X, but the lines were sooooooo long. I'm getting up really, really early on Tuesday. I can't wait for this to be over, although, we really will need some good celeb gossip to fill in the void.

You guys have been great. I love reading these threads and searching in vain for the proof that doesn't seem to be in the pudding.

Hoping for the best birthday gift of my life on January 20 -- an Obama inauguration. If McCain wins, I think Grimm is going to have a lot of company in Canada. I seriously don't know what I'll do. However, if my hardcore repug sister can vote for Obama (which she already did!) I am holding out hope for the rest of the country!

I'll be at the polls right around 7:30am, on my way to work.

Brookie - The Obamarama Mama

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I heard that NYC had no early voting. I wonder why & how they can pack all those people in on one day?

There's no early voting anywhere in NY state, not just the city. It's the state law, and they've talked about changing it but haven't done it yet. You can't even have an absentee ballot without a recognized excuse.

In the 5 boroughs we have tons of polling places. I have voted in every election since 1988 and I have never waited on a long line, 5-10 minutes at most, sometimes no line at all. The polling sites usually have multiple booths and voting hours are long, 6am - 9pm. We even still have the old style booths where you have to pull the lever and the curtan closes behind you in lots of districts.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Going before classes start (thankfully I can be a bit tardy for it since it's one of those fluff courses). I usually wait in a pretty long line during elections, but I know alot of people who voted early here in Michigan so it should'nt take too long this time.

once my daughter goes to school, then i'm off to vote. then the wait begins...tick tick
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    There's no early voting anywhere in NY state, not just the city. It's the state law, and they've talked about changing it but haven't done it yet. You can't even have an absentee ballot without a recognized excuse.

In the 5 boroughs we have tons of polling places. I have voted in every election since 1988 and I have never waited on a long line, 5-10 minutes at most, sometimes no line at all. The polling sites usually have multiple booths and voting hours are long, 6am - 9pm. We even still have the old style booths where you have to pull the lever and the curtan closes behind you in lots of districts.
    Some years it doesn't matter. This year,with so much excitement it does. I wonder if it will change after this. At least we got a lot of people voted already. I assume your is like ours-as long as you are in line by 9pm, you are get to vote?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I assume your is like ours-as long as you are in line by 9pm, you are get to vote?
    exactly....although there's little suspense here, NY hasn't voted red since Reagan's national landslide in 1984.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

WTF!!!!!! McCain was a POW? Are you sure?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information