Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Presidential debate 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Ok, I am glad that this is the last debate, because I can't hang when it comes to drinking. I was drunk at 9:30. I sobered up at the Abortion question, and got feverishly pissed. He took issue with the mother's health exception, wtf? Seriously, after losing two babies in two separate pregnancies in my 6month, I am still and will always be pro-choice...so suck a hard one with piss on it, right to lifers!! I don't think anyone has the right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do when it comes to her body. It is her choice, and whoever she decides to let in on it!!
    Sorry to hear that, Diva. No wonder you were pissed, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    The Obama campaign is MAD QUICK!

[youtube]wlrf32JI708[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedFairy View Post

Jazzzzzzzzzzz handssssssss
    OMG
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Diva, hugs to you. I also thought that was beyond insulting. And he has 3 daughters-doesn't he?

Lynnie,I hope you can function tomorrow. Or maybe you won't wake up till the next day...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was walking in front of two dumb bitches today and happened to hear their conversation about Obama.

This is pretty much what the main dumb fuck said:

Did you hear about Obama and his birth certificate? I hope he is disqualified and isn't allowed to talk in the debate today. The supreme court gave Obama until TODAY to show a hard copy of his birth certificate and to prove without a doubt he was born in American like he says. Obama is a liar and they have finally caught him red handed! I can't wait until McCain wins!

I wanted to turn around and let them know how fucking stupid they were, but sometimes you can't argue with ignorant, uninformed asswipes. Some are just sheep who don't check the facts.

Grading the Final Presidential Debate - Yahoo! News

Obama

Substance:

Intelligent, knowledgeable, and an earnest explainer, as always, but to no real effect. Though he conveyed a general sense of his agenda, he did so without bothering to fight ardently for his case.

Grade: B

Style:

Appeared tired and irritable, and bore the ills of a poor make-up job. While initially seeming distracted and even resentful of the evening's activity, he eventually realized he needed to step up his game, and became more conversational and involved. Recovered after the rocky start to avoid anything transformative for his opponent.
    Grade: B-

Offense:

Grade: C+

Defense:

Unrattled by frequent McCain attacks, but a little peevish in addressing the allegations tossed his way. He strained to defend his positions on health care and taxes and failed to express a fully-formed alternative explanation. Relying on polling data to excuse himself for the campaign's negative tone and implicitly for going back on his word on campaign financing, he seemed indifferent towards the recent mutual harsh words, placing the blame firmly with his opposition.

Grade: B+

During the first half of the debate, the Democratic nominee too often displayed his worst traits - petty, aloof, imperious - and behaved as if he had some place better to be, although he became warmer and more engaged as the evening progressed. He did not seem to have an explicit strategy, answering the questions piecemeal as they came his way, without driving a message or even a theme. He retained his consistently unflappable air, and had a few fine moments. If he was sitting on his lead, it worked - but perhaps at the expense of relinquishing part of it.

Overall grade: B

McCain

Substance:

Avoided the policy weeds, as usual, but sounded more engaged on his economic program, presenting a clear, thematic argument. He was also good on climate change, trade, taxes, and spending. It was an impressive performance from a politician who is generally more comfortable offering broad statements and displaying his compelling personality, than focusing on detail and nitty-gritty.
    Grade: A-
    Style
    For forty minutes, he was cogent, friendly, and yet sharp when he needed to be. Well aware of the stakes and his underdog circumstance, he worked hard to hit all his marks. Showed genuine empathy about the ramifications of the battered economy, small business struggles, and even childhood obesity. But he lost points during the second half of the session by falling back on the awkward, cranky tics that have marred his earlier performances.
    Offense:
    Hit Obama again and again, almost always with authority and command rather than desperation. Repeatedly steered the evening's discussion to a plumber named Joe who talked about taxes with Obama during a recent campaign event - and scored points. He deftly used opposition research on Obama's record, and did so far more effectively than in the first two debates. Skillfully attacked his opponent for not keeping his word on campaign financing and for refusing to hold joint town meetings. At times, though, he became too agitated and lost focus, particularly when he raised the Ayers matter - still a negative bridge too far for many.
    Defense:
    Dramatically proclaimed "I am not President Bush" with toughness and clarity, in one of the few true "moments" in any of the debates - the tangible ripple of reaction from the (albeit silent) crowd signaled that the video clip will be replayed many times.
    During the first half of the debate, the Republican nominee showed off the best of himself - dedicated, sincere, patriotic, cheery, earnest, commanding - all without seeming old or anxious. He even scored some points in the "change" category, against the candidate who has owned the theme. He was also clear, upbeat, and totally on message. To his detriment, however, he became more aggressive and distracted during the second half, and perhaps lost a chance for the truly dramatic event he needs to change the game. Still, if a silent majority of persuadable voters watched the debate, they saw why McCain's advisers have faith in him and still believe he can win this race.
    Overall Grade: A-

Thanks KC, and McJag...

The McDumbasses ticket do not respect women, and they allegedly have on on that ticket. They want women to resort back to a time when they were using coat hangers, and shady doctors for abortions. How dare McCain make a woman who wants her child terribly, but has to have an abortion due to her health, feel more guilt and hurt than she can already tolerate. Sadistic bastards..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Appeared tired and irritable, and bore the ills of a poor make-up job. While initially seeming distracted and even resentful of the evening's activity
    Um, seriously? They are talking about Mc, right? Right?

Thanks KC, and McJag...

The McDumbasses ticket do not respect women, and they allegedly have on on that ticket. They want women to resort back to a time when they were using coat hangers, and shady doctors for abortions. How dare McCain make a woman who wants her child terribly, but has to have an abortion due to her health, feel more guilt and hurt than she can already tolerate. Sadistic bastards..
    You are 100% right. It makes me sick.

Repeatedly steered the evening's discussion to a plumber named Joe who talked about taxes with Obama during a recent campaign event - and scored points.
    Joe the Plumber got old after the second time McCain mentioned him. By the 30th time, I wanted to strangle Joe.

And I don't see how TIME magazine could give McCain an A? McCain's best moment was the "I'm not Bush" line, but that was it.

Thanks KC, and McJag...

You're welcome, D.

This was definitely McCain's best debate, but I wouldn't give him an A. Unless that A is for Angry! He sounded angry the whole time. I just listened to most of it instead of watching it on tv.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Excellent video bychance. I may have to send that around.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I would say Obama did best, although McCain got the bes soundbite 'I am not George Bush. If you wanted to run against Bush you should have done it four years ago'. You just know he was waiting for the opportunity to pull that one out. But it didn't win McSqurimy, McGrumpy the debate. He was all over the map and apparently thinks Palin's son has autism, not Downs.
    I didn't see the entire debate, just some choice clips including the one you mentioned. What immediately caught my attention was the gasp from the audience when he said that and the plummeting lines, especially of the female undecided voters. To me the gasp came across as "how dare you?", not an admiring or "you sure told him off" sound.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Grading the Final Presidential Debate - Yahoo! News

Obama

Substance:

Intelligent, knowledgeable, and an earnest explainer, as always, but to no real effect. Though he conveyed a general sense of his agenda, he did so without bothering to fight ardently for his case.

Grade: B

Style:

Appeared tired and irritable, and bore the ills of a poor make-up job. While initially seeming distracted and even resentful of the evening's activity, he eventually realized he needed to step up his game, and became more conversational and involved. Recovered after the rocky start to avoid anything transformative for his opponent.
    Grade: B-

Offense:

Grade: C+

Defense:

Unrattled by frequent McCain attacks, but a little peevish in addressing the allegations tossed his way. He strained to defend his positions on health care and taxes and failed to express a fully-formed alternative explanation. Relying on polling data to excuse himself for the campaign's negative tone and implicitly for going back on his word on campaign financing, he seemed indifferent towards the recent mutual harsh words, placing the blame firmly with his opposition.

During the first half of the debate, the Democratic nominee too often displayed his worst traits - petty, aloof, imperious - and behaved as if he had some place better to be, although he became warmer and more engaged as the evening progressed. He did not seem to have an explicit strategy, answering the questions piecemeal as they came his way, without driving a message or even a theme. He retained his consistently unflappable air, and had a few fine moments. If he was sitting on his lead, it worked - but perhaps at the expense of relinquishing part of it.

Overall grade: B

McCain

Substance:

Avoided the policy weeds, as usual, but sounded more engaged on his economic program, presenting a clear, thematic argument. He was also good on climate change, trade, taxes, and spending. It was an impressive performance from a politician who is generally more comfortable offering broad statements and displaying his compelling personality, than focusing on detail and nitty-gritty.
    Style
    For forty minutes, he was cogent, friendly, and yet sharp when he needed to be. Well aware of the stakes and his underdog circumstance, he worked hard to hit all his marks. Showed genuine empathy about the ramifications of the battered economy, small business struggles, and even childhood obesity. But he lost points during the second half of the session by falling back on the awkward, cranky tics that have marred his earlier performances.
    Offense:
    Hit Obama again and again, almost always with authority and command rather than desperation. Repeatedly steered the evening's discussion to a plumber named Joe who talked about taxes with Obama during a recent campaign event - and scored points. He deftly used opposition research on Obama's record, and did so far more effectively than in the first two debates. Skillfully attacked his opponent for not keeping his word on campaign financing and for refusing to hold joint town meetings. At times, though, he became too agitated and lost focus, particularly when he raised the Ayers matter - still a negative bridge too far for many.
    Defense:
    Dramatically proclaimed "I am not President Bush" with toughness and clarity, in one of the few true "moments" in any of the debates - the tangible ripple of reaction from the (albeit silent) crowd signaled that the video clip will be replayed many times.
    During the first half of the debate, the Republican nominee showed off the best of himself - dedicated, sincere, patriotic, cheery, earnest, commanding - all without seeming old or anxious. He even scored some points in the "change" category, against the candidate who has owned the theme. He was also clear, upbeat, and totally on message. To his detriment, however, he became more aggressive and distracted during the second half, and perhaps lost a chance for the truly dramatic event he needs to change the game. Still, if a silent majority of persuadable voters watched the debate, they saw why McCain's advisers have faith in him and still believe he can win this race.
    Overall Grade: A-
    Again: from the clips that I saw, McCain came across as rambling, snarky, nervous, "trying to become teacher's pet to the moderator" at best. I did not understand most of his answers, because they were all half sentences, starts, stops, including topics that had nothing to do with the question that was asked. In one clip the moderator interrupted McBlinky quite harshly asking him what he would do for the specific topic that the question was about.
    Obama came across as dumbfounded by McSame's erratic, rambling aggressiveness, mostly. Like he was thinking "Do you realize you just said that out loud?" Although one might have wished he'd have come out swinging more, I think him taking the high road and behaving "presidential" was really the best choice. That way you can't be blamed when they hang themselves.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Bychance, can you post a link to the 'I am not Bush' youtube. I want to send it around and can't seem to find it anywhere. It's brilliant.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Bychance, can you post a link to the 'I am not Bush' youtube. I want to send it around and can't seem to find it anywhere. It's brilliant.
    Here you go- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlrf3...e34-85492.html

McCain sounds so excited there.... like he jerks off on Bush or something.

Thread Information